Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

Aight people, it seems there are always specific threads about this and that bout spray paint, so im opening this (thinking that im cool) so that way all spray paint questions concerning brands and shit like that blah blah blah........ So ima start this bitch off by askin what you all think bout this America's Finest by Rustoleum. I have only used popsicle orange which is alright , it aint the best or the worst cuz for the price of a $1.25 its okay with me...:mexican:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fuck yeah, americas finest. the ultra flat black is the same as krylons, but half the price. wanna fill in black? save money and only use the krylon for detail and cuts. the flat white is relly watery

opinions vary on what's better. molotow(belton) or montana. personally, they've both got qualities that i like but i prefer the belton. on the real though, rusto is some seriously good paint so don't sleep on the hometown stuff with all this fancy paint craze going on lately...

american accents summer squash is the best yellow i've ever seen. actually, american accents in general is pretty good, thick like rusto, nice colors.. for some reason i can't outline with krylon. i don't know what i'm doing wrong, but everytime i try, it comes out in a fat line, really drippy, even when i let the pressure out of the can, go right up against the wall and do my lines as fast as i can.. it's strange..

Guest richard kyel

hipnos after you shake your can to paint with it, hold it upside down and spray to let some pressure out. with the less pressure outlining is easier and getting thin lines is muchos easier.

Guest wakassOATH

hmm i dont like this pole

i love euro paint but with the prices im always stuck with my weekly 6 cans of wal mart color place for piecing

Rusto Gusto

I haven't experimented with every color of every brand, and I don't do much in can mixing, but my favorite is Painter's Touch from Rusto, or just plain Rustoleum. I've rocked some American Accents for some of the blue shades and I've also tried out OSH brand, but that is about it. The cheap-o brands are thin. I've only used Krylon when no other wa available, and didn't notice much of a difference, but that was only once or twice. I find that a fat cap on some Painters Touch works great and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Like Seen says, "Holding a can of Rustoleum is like holding three other shit brands." Price isn't as much of a concern when you're racking.

Maybe somebody could post what caps work well with what brands. What works best in terms of thickness, spray control, permenence, price, and color selection.

I suppose this thread would be the place for that... or start another and leave this one as a poll.

Re: Rusto Gusto

Originally posted by Graf Orlok

Maybe somebody could post what caps work well with what brands. What works best in terms of thickness, spray control, permenence, price, and color selection.

I suppose this thread would be the place for that... or start another and leave this one as a poll.

That is why i made this,any questions concerning , "What works best in terms of thickness, spray control, permenence, price, and color selection", ........make this shit sticky!!!:idea:

what caps work with what

well, graf orlok mentioned posting some shit such as, what caps work with what, so i decided to make a list of my findings. if you got anything to add or correct, please do.

----------------------------

-Krylon

german outlines

ny thins

ny fats

german bluedots

german blackdots

german greydots

german orangedot fats

german jumbos

-Rusto

german outlines (some cans, others they screw up)

ny thins

rusto fats

-Montana

german outlines

german bluedots

german blackdots

german orangedot fats

german jumbos

hope this helps

Guest wakassOATH

good list, it will help alot of people, someone should just make a new thread post all the info on what caps go with what cans and perma-bump it ..its always good info

it gets weird though will the more rare caps

ex, i use a cap its not a comfort cap, and the ridges on the side or bold and spaced apart, unlike any kind its got a big oragis red center thats sticks out just a bit

i think they are called rusto fat type Bs or type As 9they are not the usual rustos)

but where i come from alot of cats just call them ..quick fillers

hmm maybe if i feel bored tonight ill do it who knows

montana !

montana is a fine paint to use

althogh its hight pressure makes it a little harder for skinny and deatale lines than it is with belton

then again that can be sorted out with by turning it upside doun and letting the pressure out

Walmart.. tons of flat white mixed with any cheap paint produces hundreds of variations in color that cover as good as krylon or rusto. Walmart flat black (.89cents) mixed into an empty Krylon or Rusto can is just as good as spending booku bucks and you can reuse the same can many many times. Paint is cheap nowadays.

:king: If you have been writing for a while you will know that rusto is the best for bombing, you can rock alot of surfaces and your stuff will run alot longer than krylon (krylon fades). I cannot vouch for this euro paint yet but I have only heard good things..........rusto-chrome, black and summersquash..............

Originally posted by fr8oholic

opinions vary on what's better. molotow(belton) or montana. personally, they've both got qualities that i like but i prefer the belton. on the real though, rusto is some seriously good paint so don't sleep on the hometown stuff with all this fancy paint craze going on lately...

What he said. Rusto fill, belton outline.

I think the point of the poll is that if you were given 6 free cans of paint, what would you choose?

I love rusto brand variations...motsly American Acents, this is cause I paint trains. BUT I've been really diggin this new american tradition cause they got some of the dope close-to the discontinued colors. The terracota and the raspberry red look-a-likes are my favorite so far.

Archived