Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest spin_HOF

i like krylon because in a small town its to hard to get any belton or montants without a credit card. so every weekend its the same thing 4 cans of krylon and 4 cans of wal mart paint.

• 1 year later...

i basically use wal mart 89. cent shit for fills and krylon for outlines and everything else, i like mixin the wal mart blue with the krylon satin yellow (mmmm burger) and the best paint for anything is a krylon satin blue (best) with a ny skinny, it cmes out clean and perfect, and i like to use rusto silver and krylon satin blue for throwups and bombing in general

• 3 weeks later...

can some one explain to me why doesit fuckin matter..... just get shitty walmartpaint cuz i can surely tell u if u get top of the line krylon paint ur not gonna become the best graff artist..... use the paint that is hard to use so if u get used to that and get good with the stuff thats harder to use then u can really wreck any other mofo whos been usin krylon the whole time..... anyways i dont even think it matters so much just get fuckin wal mart dude.... its cheap plus u got caps to make whatever ur hittin up better who gives a fuck about what type of brand .... paint is paint.... pay extra for a brand name seriously .... its fuckin stupid

Guest Ted Kennedy
Originally posted by bug

fuck yeah, americas finest. the ultra flat black is the same as krylons, but half the price. wanna fill in black? save money and only use the krylon for detail and cuts. the flat white is relly watery

That's not true, the pressure of krylon is much lower (much better for details)

Guest Ted Kennedy

Just My Opinion

i agree with wunka chunka (if you are paying for paint) the i would get the 94cents walmart shit. It's not horrible, and you can learn a lot from painting with shitty paint. I do it alot. OSH has some pretty good paint for cheap (again, if you are into buying). But that's just my opinion.

I really think the best way to go is come up with a skeme to get get paint for free be it racking or doing legals and getting people to refund you for way more paint then you actually need. Do small walls, people will be willing to pay the bucks, cause it's orginal art.

That way you can get all the montana and rusto you want to go bombing with. (My favorite scheme)

Guest rob deer

I go to 3 diffrent stores and buy hella pretty colors. I buy shitty paint and good stuff. that way you're forced almost to do color schemes that no one else does.

I use shit paint for original outlines only. If you wanna see why check an onorok fr8 from 3 years ago...if you can still see it.

I caught a BA e2e on a rusty boxcar from 95 the other day...you can tell who used rusto and who used krylon(or crap)...jase was looking like he did it last year, giant used a combo I'm pretty sure, and you couldn't even read the blis...

montana/belton is just plain cheating, and time will tell if that stuff holds up in the sun.

• 4 weeks later...

old rustoleum

i used an old sky blue rustoleum once on a lil met. it was the best and thickest paint ive ever used.full stop.

my friend brought it back from the us where he got about 25 tins for cheap.he smuggled them back on the plane.i dont think you could do that these days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

is it just me or has this thread been made over and over?

in the bag these days-

Krylon (esp stripebottom/91 era cans)

Rusto (woodsavers, aa, painters touch, and even some stops rust. oh yeah, satin line)

Plasti-kote (you find the paper label polys, email me for trade)

National Aerosol (you'd look at it and think it's gobbidge. and you'd be stoopid)

whatever.. find it and make it work. i don't like shitty paint, but it's better than pussy paint- don't try and sell me paint named after graffiti writers or overpriced pseudo 'graffiti-paint'. a real writer could do something with aerosol hair mousse if it's all they had. ain't goin' for it! all american paint- fresh for 2004, you suckas!

• 2 weeks later...

Belton

i have only tried beltons and montanas but out of the two i deffinetly prefer Beltons the paint comes out way slower then montanas an i prefer the colours u get if u use beltons the paint comes out more matt then montanas montanas r more gloss.D:My Picturescan.jpg'>

• 4 weeks later...

first paint i ever used was hunter green krylon, and that was like 10 yrs ago, ultra flat black krylon and flat white were the shit, then i got put on to rusto, nothing coats better on every surface... american accents have sick colors, like summersquash and claret wine... ordinary rusto's are the shit too, ,like the tall boy whites and harbor blue... i really dig montana paint to, it's dope rockin smooth surfaces...

• 2 weeks later...

i rock german thins and fats for now on krylon, works fine. The one time i tried them on touch'n'tone(generic) it splattered and then just didn't work...is it that way with all 99c cans

what tips should i use if i'm gonna buy walmart brand? gotta save money u know...cant be spendin 2.74 for krylon every time! racking isn't an option 4me....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived