Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

The velspar silvers arent that bad, its the colors that blow. I have never been let down by velspar silver. But its hard to fuck up silver, even colorplace got it rite.

Color Place = Sherman Willams

I don't get all this hype over new "silvers" and bitumen paints.. all garbage. Paint is paint some is thick and good and some is watery and runny. It's definitely not worth paying extra for "hype"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

speaking of krylon, i dropped by a local hobby store and they had some watermelon and a few other ugly shades of the old krylon. i just picked up one can of the watermelon. man, i missed the shit out of this stuff. 100x easier to control than rustoleum... brings back a lot of memories with old friends. it's not the thickest stuff in the world but fuck... the color selection, how nicely it flowed, the SUPER crisp lines almost no matter what.

which reminds me, i was looking at the BBQ krylon paint (i think) at walmart the other day and it still had the old valve system. i'm going to get a few and see if they work even near as well as the ultra flat black did.

Ok people I need some serious feedback.. I'm in the process of devolping a spray paint line.

The paint formulation itself is completed. I got 2 lines coming:

1. A line that is exactly the same as Montana Gold but the difference is the UV coating and color fading is 5x better.

2. A line that is 1.5x thicker than Rustoleum and lasts far longer as well.

Pricing for the 1st line let's call it "A line premium" for now will be around $5 - 5.50 a can.

Pricing for the 2nd line let's call it "B line for now" will be around $3.50 - 3.75 per can.

I NEED YOUR CON'S / PRO'S ON THE VALVE SYSTEM. I'm considering the 360 valve but I need some help for my fellow graphers / writers please.

Ok people I need some serious feedback.. I'm in the process of devolping a spray paint line.

The paint formulation itself is completed. I got 2 lines coming:

1. A line that is exactly the same as Montana Gold but the difference is the UV coating and color fading is 5x better.

2. A line that is 1.5x thicker than Rustoleum and lasts far longer as well.

Pricing for the 1st line let's call it "A line premium" for now will be around $5 - 5.50 a can.

Pricing for the 2nd line let's call it "B line for now" will be around $3.50 - 3.75 per can.

I NEED YOUR CON'S / PRO'S ON THE VALVE SYSTEM. I'm considering the 360 valve but I need some help for my fellow graphers / writers please.

the 360 valve? fan tips? naw my dude... go for the old krylon valves...

speaking of krylon, i dropped by a local hobby store and they had some watermelon and a few other ugly shades of the old krylon. i just picked up one can of the watermelon. man, i missed the shit out of this stuff. 100x easier to control than rustoleum... brings back a lot of memories with old friends. it's not the thickest stuff in the world but fuck... the color selection, how nicely it flowed, the SUPER crisp lines almost no matter what.

which reminds me, i was looking at the BBQ krylon paint (i think) at walmart the other day and it still had the old valve system. i'm going to get a few and see if they work even near as well as the ultra flat black did.

BBq black is like UFB flaring... it kinda gets all over though cause of the overspray.. but overral i give it a 10-10 rating. For outlining.. Its crispy and clean, so its great

get a peice of silverware and pop off the spot where paint comes out if in the new krylon valve system and you get a fat spray.

valspar any good? tempted to try it. but idk

Valspar... its more like a hit and miss for watery. ive had a few before, the silver and gold to me is pretty good, but most other colors are watery, especially the 99cent or so cheap ass ones.. theres more about valspar somewere in this thread, should go searchin:scrambled:

the 360 valve? fan tips? naw my dude... go for the old krylon valves...

I'm talking about the 360 "valve system". The valve is where the actuators aka fat caps, tips etc is inserted.

The 360 I'm talking about is the type that can be sprayed from any angle/point ie: upside down etc.

Thanks for your response though..

BBq black is like UFB flaring... it kinda gets all over though cause of the overspray.. but overral i give it a 10-10 rating. For outlining.. Its crispy and clean, so its great

WAY TOO MUCH SPUTTER FOR OUTLINING PIECES IMO

don't do it

i outlined with that shit for 6 months straight (despite a head or two on here warning me of the sputter)

i was broke and thought it was just the best choice for some reason

trust that it's best saved for tag/bomb action

rusto with a ny thin/boston thin work just fine if you can't scrape together 6 or 7 bucks for mtn94 or belton for outlines

anyone use that new krylon h2o series? is it any good? got some fresh colors.

i only got 1 letter out of a whole can of coral reef

the blue looked pretty good when my friend was using it, except runny/drippy as fuuuuuuck

the yellow is one of the worst spraypaints ever made

and i couldn't get any caps other than the stock to work on 'em

picked up a can of the BBQ krylon just to try it. i liked it, i guess. i wish it were a little more flat but it doesn't drip much at all for being krylon. i also had to go over my lines twice for it to be black. the first run it was like slightly transparent grayish? i just like that fact that it's so easy to control and the caps that work on them.

So, I gotta bunch of euro tips. that dont do SHIT on rustos american accents. so. what the fuck good are they for if i dont ahve any more euro paint cants.

also with the american accents. whats the best cap for flares for this shit, i just have a grip of rusto fat tips, but my ny fat tips dont work for shit on em, all sputter and blowback from the bottom of the tips.

Some one give me the 101 on these.

Archived