random thots

Mr. Peanut

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
23 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Here to clear my conscience. For over a year i have avoided the inevitable and finally covertly snooped around my areas rival contractor prices. Feels dirty. Had to be done. 

I did that too when I thought my prices were high and I had a home owner inform me that the other two quotes they got were triple. 

Curious how did you stack up?

4 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I did that too when I thought my prices were high and I had a home owner inform me that the other two quotes they got were triple. 

Curious how did you stack up

So far I’m right around the same. Lower but not by much. I reached out to 5 or 6 companies. A couple were so low I got pissed and broke character. I have screen shots. Had to hit dudes with the real shame. There is no comradery  among painters man. If people kept shit right like plumbers or electricians we’d be good money. But these faggot ass penny kicking cheapskates have started invading quality cabinet painting. 

I basically go a tad lower than what my old boss was getting for his kitchens. I know because as a one man show, that mf would have me collect his checks. Out of the 12 kitchens I did for dude there was only one under 2k and that was his family friend and the smallest one I did. Every other kitchen small to large was no less than $2800 all the way up to 6k. I haven’t been sealing them unfortunately but I think it’s the platform clientele. I’m going to switch it up seal soon. Thumbtack is full of people looking for cheap hacky work. Though I have found its pretty easy to bang 2 little jobs a week and it adds up well higher than anything I’ve ever made so things are fine for now. 

Sick of this coin shortage, I can’t even get quarters at either bank I’m a member at, told the customer service lady “Fuck!” when she said no and now she looks at me like some kind of creep, there’s coin laundry in my building don’t wanna go to a laundry mat, this shit was starting to get to me.

but then, in a flash I realized what to do, and let me tell you brothers you wouldn’t believe the look on their faces if you saw it with your own eyes.

putting 2 grapes each into the produce bags and do like 12 bags. 2 grapes is roughly.1 oz which is the minimum on the self checkout. Ring each bag up separately and pay with cash pocket the 3 quarters 1 dime 1 nickel 4 pennies while you might have to tell the people behind you in line to shut up, continue to appear to suffer from the most severe ocd with the grapes. The grapes are 2.99 a pound so .1oz comes out to like per 12 around a 70 cent tax that is also delicious. I also like having those bags cause after I eat the grapes I save the bag in my car with some baby wipes and pretty much whenever I’m in Quincy I shit and piss in them and throw them in the bed of my ex stepdads truck, he’s an asshole.

• Props 2

1 hour ago, where said:

Sick of this coin shortage, I can’t even get quarters at either bank I’m a member at, told the customer service lady “Fuck!” when she said no and now she looks at me like some kind of creep, there’s coin laundry in my building don’t wanna go to a laundry mat, this shit was starting to get to me.

Said this shit before but:

There are other methods like a square of pantyhose over the slot heh heh

15 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Said this shit before but:

There are other methods like a square of pantyhose over the slot heh heh

I’m gonna try that but a little skeptical that it will jam up the machine and the property management fucks will perry mason the camera footage in the laundry. I’m bout to go to Cumbies to get some straws. One cool laundry hack is that you can heat up a Marie Calendars Salisbury steak in the drier, but it’s a lil messy. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

14 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

So far I’m right around the same. Lower but not by much. I reached out to 5 or 6 companies. A couple were so low I got pissed and broke character. I have screen shots. Had to hit dudes with the real shame. There is no comradery  among painters man. If people kept shit right like plumbers or electricians we’d be good money. But these faggot ass penny kicking cheapskates have started invading quality cabinet painting. 

You would think man. I have a buddy that owns a pretty large plumbing outfit. He said he has to sell about 50,000 dollars a month before he makes a dime in profit. I almost barfed at that prospect. He mentioned that there are a lot of fly by night plumbers out there that super undercut everyone but he said they dissapeare in under a year because eventually something goes wrong and they dont have the money set asside to deal with it. 

Im telling you when I went and shopped prices my price for an empty house repaint was like 6000. Three colors ceiling, wall, trim. The next price was 11,000 3 color and the top price was 18,000 2 colors. 

Generally speaking I dont repaint any more unless the house it unoccupied either people trying to sell or people painting before they move in. Fuck moving a bunch of peoples shit around.

8 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

You would think man. I have a buddy that owns a pretty large plumbing outfit. He said he has to sell about 50,000 dollars a month before he makes a dime in profit. I almost barfed at that prospect. He mentioned that there are a lot of fly by night plumbers out there that super undercut everyone but he said they dissapeare in under a year because eventually something goes wrong and they dont have the money set asside to deal with it. 

Im telling you when I went and shopped prices my price for an empty house repaint was like 6000. Three colors ceiling, wall, trim. The next price was 11,000 3 color and the top price was 18,000 2 colors. 

Generally speaking I dont repaint any more unless the house it unoccupied either people trying to sell or people painting before they move in. Fuck moving a bunch of peoples shit around.

Idk. You’re hard pressed to find any electrician or plumber up here for less than 75+ per hour. Most seem on the same page. But oh no not painters. Fucking scale is all over the place and I wish dudes would just cut the shit. 6k for a repaint on a 3/4 bd house seems fair to me. I don’t have a problem with furniture cause I add it in and talk straight up about it almost always they end up moving it instead. 

• Like 1

an editor i work with posted a funny photo in a burrito blanket so i showed the photo to my girlfriend and wouldn't you know... she recognized the apartment. 

this editor is the girl my girlfriends ex-boyfriend cheated on her with. they have been together two years and are now living together in the apartment my girlfriend decorated with him.

i ruined the whole day at like 8:20am, a new record. 

• LOL! 4