random thots

Mr. Peanut

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
22 minutes ago, SMdoubleXL said:

I’m really disappointed that you think I really do not know what a blue waffle is 

I serve em up the third Saturday of every other month 

I didn't say that.   Its me who didn't know. I had to look it up and share

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Hua Guofang said:

Really?

No unfinished sympathy?

I see that but I just just dont see why people still get teary about Massive 30 years later.

it's got to be a british thing

also protection by massive attack is up there with unfinished sympathy.

36 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

I see that but I just just dont see why people still get teary about Massive 30 years later.

it's got to be a british thing

also protection by massive attack is up there with unfinished sympathy.

Protection got beaten to death by JJJ when it was released. It's a hellova song but I just can't hear it anymore.

I think Massive represents the 90s era of the British music scene (much as do Prodigy, Happy Mondays, Primal Scream, Blur, KLF, etc.), which was pretty dang awesome. PRobably a bunch of nostalgia mixed in there. The 90s were fucking incredible, though. So glad that was when I came of age; best music so far, peaceful global environment for us in the West, rave/club scene exploding with all the accoutrements that went along with that scene, etc. etc. Was just an awesome time, the 60s of our generation.

Edited by Hua Guofang
  • Truth 1

9 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

The 90s were fucking incredible, though. So glad that was when I came of age; best music so far, peaceful global environment for us in the West, rave/club scene exploding with all the accoutrements that went along with that scene, etc. etc. Was just an awesome time, the 60s of our generation.

Sure.  What the world needs now is more Jnco's, Ketamine, and Fred Durst mofos.

K didn't really hit here until the 2000s, JNCOs were never really big here and nobody in the circles I moved in were into Limp Bizcut.

In the 1990s, a lot of the culture in Australia was more influenced by what was going on in the UK, than the US. Well, the inner-urban culture, anyway.  If anything, it was more the grunge thing than the new glam rock BS that people got into out here.

1 hour ago, Hua Guofang said:

K didn't really hit here until the 2000s, JNCOs were never really big here and nobody in the circles I moved in were into Limp Bizcut.

In the 1990s, a lot of the culture in Australia was more influenced by what was going on in the UK, than the US. Well, the inner-urban culture, anyway.  If anything, it was more the grunge thing than the new glam rock BS that people got into out here.

Honestly I was more amused at the comparison between anything 90s being comparable to the 60s.  Seemed a bit of a stretch, like leggings on Lizzo.  Maybe the 60s were different in AUS.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Honestly I was more amused at the comparison between anything 90s being comparable to the 60s.  Seemed a bit of a stretch, like leggings on Lizzo.  Maybe the 60s were different in AUS.

I'd say it was very different, of course my experience is unique to me. But the big dance parties with 10-15k people in the bush, everyone wearing tie die and popping hallucinogens was all very psychedelic. The attitude, the imagery, the music, the drugs, etc were all very new era hippy-esque. I know electronica and dance parties hit the US (I Think Detroit may have been the focus there, not sure) but that was quite a while after. I went to my first 'dance party' in 1988. About 10,000 people off their chops dancing to freaky music (at that stage it was Kylie Minogue remixes, Urban Cookie Crew and house music like that), and that shit just exploded in the early to mid 90s in Australia. It went mainstream in the later 90s, which saw the crime follow the drugs. The biker gangs moved in as did a bunch of the shitty street crews and it all started to die, IMO.

Think of Music like Stone Roses, Fool's Gold; Primal Scream, Come Together; Soho, Hippy Chick  or, as below, the Soup Dragons, I'm Free, and that might give you an idea of what things were like on the radio and walkmans. It's not exactly the same as the music that was being played at the big raves, but gives you and idea of the mood.

Edited by Hua Guofang

2020 is so fucking munted that most the world doesn't even remember that Iran and the US were shooting at each other and Iran shot down a passenger jet killing everyone on board.

That's how fucked up shit is. And being in the line of work that pays attention to things like mega-bushfires, pandemics, mega-protest riots and countries shooting at each other is dead set fucking exhausting right now.

• Truth 1

7 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

^^dude it's exhausting being a part of the world where the constant screaming is all consuming.

at least you get paid for it

in another note goddamn Opus 3

ladadaddadaddeedadeeda

I'm literally sitting here listening to children's lullabies on repeat. I've been here for three hours now and the only thing that will bring myself to press stop is to go in and lay down next to my little girl. 

It seems the only way I can block out the sadness and frustration of the world at the moment, to let my mind wander to a state where the only things that matter are hugs and smiles.

I can't tell you how tired I am.

• Like 2