bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

that haring cinelli is pursuit style.

for racing.

crazy raked.

horrible for street,

great for chiropractors.

pieced cranks are the way to go.

if it was wack for bmxing to have 1 piece cranks,

its wack for everything else.

although you can mate bmx cranks for your track bike.

since bmx cranks are built ford tough, if not stronger.

More and more companies are coming out with wome's specific geometry frames and I think it's about freakin' time. I'm sure you've done a Google search to see what you can come up with but I would also suggest talking with someone who does handbuilt frames. I think you'll find that once costs are done and over with... you're pretty much coming out the same. And the feeling you'll have riding a handbuilt frame to your specific needs and body geometrics compared to a facory frame is going to be unmatchable, if that's even a word.

I'm not sure where you currently reside but I can guarentee you can find at least one custom frame builder in your area... though I bet you can find more.

I've noticed a lot more women out racing in my area and a good handful of them are riding custom fitted frames. From Serotta & Seven to small time guys as well. From what I understand the comfort level is superior, for women, in regards to custom over factory built.

I have no idea what your budget is though!!

ANT makes some interesting custom bikes...

my budget is pretty small

like i said, i just want a frame that doesn't have the crossbar, so i can ride the bike in skirts and stuff.

plus bmx pedals and a handbrake so i could ride it in heels.

it's all about functionality for this one, basically i want a bike that conforms to some of my feminine cllothing so i can wear something other than pants and tshirts to work.

custom frams cost a grand.

i was thinking like, $250.

probably unrealistic.

i wish i could have a frame built for me.

i even know someone who does it (albeit out in portland)

i'm still in bmore.

Get whatever parts you want. I know I'm about to drop a third my bike cost on some Ti eggbeaters. Black and gold son. Black and gold. Where's those damn gold nitto bullhorns? haha.

It seems everyone on a fixed gear has their seat jacked up as high as the post will go. Is that the look? Do people buy track frames smaller than road bike frames on purpose?

i don't know but this shit sucks,

i hate having my ass all jacked up in the air.

just what the construction workers need.

sheet i don't even use dropouts

It's about twice the cost of what you're looking to spend but the style points far outweigh the cost ;)

The Electra Amsterdam... complete with skirt guard, lights, built in rear kickstand and chain guard to protect the skirt & pants as well as save the chain from the elements

elect_amsterdam_cl3_l_capecodblu_07_m.jpg

Who do you know in Portland making bikes? There are so many custom bike shops in this town...

Get whatever parts you want. I know I'm about to drop a third my bike cost on some Ti eggbeaters. Black and gold son. Black and gold. Where's those damn gold nitto bullhorns? haha.

It seems everyone on a fixed gear has their seat jacked up as high as the post will go. Is that the look? Do people buy track frames smaller than road bike frames on purpose?

easier on the knees, more control over the pedal stroke... i had to put my seat down a bit though, it used to be raised really high but that's no longer an option with a brooks seat in the process of being broken in.

p.s. seeks, you know 360 skids would be fun... rainy day 180 skids are fun enough, as are side skids around corners... i love this wet weather when the cements nice and wet but it's not raining, but man, fuck these wet leaves. come sweep my streets clean already.

It's about twice the cost of what you're looking to spend but the style points far outweigh the cost ;)

The Electra Amsterdam... complete with skirt guard, lights, built in rear kickstand and chain guard to protect the skirt & pants as well as save the chain from the elements

Who do you know in Portland making bikes? There are so many custom bike shops in this town...

damn that bike is gorgeous.

although hesh is prolly on point with the yard sale suggestion

i know this guy named matt/mattie

i'm pretty sure he's originally from there, moved to VA and bmore for awhile, and recently moved back with his girl cara who also rides.

i can't remember the name he puts on his shit, unfortunately.

it doesn't actually exist

so they build a fullsize replica of something that doesnt work...they do it with motorcycles to its so stupid if your gonna build something as a concept at least go all the way through and make it work so you can prove that it would be possible to have...