bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Look at the clearance of the front and back wheel on this thing...

lilitaly04.jpg

Perfect in every way... for me. All black, no filler.

track1.jpg

And just the opposite... for me. All white, no filler.

138076131_70e756836e_o.jpg

There's some beautiful bikes on that website...

^ ^ ^ is yours the one with the orange deep v / orange fork above, or the black one next to it?

very nice looking track bikes on this page...

i think i'm in love with the all white one 2 posts above, sweet jesus.

too bad next to zero clearance between frame and wheel isn't very practical for winter riding, especially with the monsoon in portland lately. though it looks so damn clean...

in the spirit of posting random gems from velo...

IRO1.jpg

wow. with the black brooks :)

keirin.jpg

keirin racers

ha.

track is fun, but i'm a huge fan of the freewheel. fixed is a novelty off of the track--with a few exceptions of training purposes. the real benefit: if someone who doesn't ride tries to steal your bike he'll eat shit within a block.

and i'll get the fuck out of the road when there is a bike lane or an acceptable sidewalk. almost never the sidewalk tho, the 2 times i've been hit and numerous close calls were from riding sidewalk. if you're too shitty a driver to realize your car doesn't need that right 30 inches of the lane then maybe you shouldn't be on the road at all.

if any of u guys are the street bikers i got 1 message. get the fuck out of the road ur pissing me off

You must be some jealous fat bitch.

People bitch when the speed of traffic is too slow, or when cars fly by too fast. They're never happy. The only time you're actually ever stuck behind a bike is for those three seconds at a stoplight when a cyclist is trying to turn left, or in the backroads when the street's too narrow for a bike lane and there's no stopsigns or lights to breakup traffic. Even then to complain it's gotta be uphill, and the driver's got to be one of those chicken shits who are afraid of overtaking a bike which is little more than two feet wide.

I get pissed when Im on redwood road or something and the van or whatnot behind me wont overtake while there's shit in the oncomming lane. I'm pressing 17 mph up a damn hill, so the cars start to pile up behind me. That shit's not my fault, it's the fucking van's, but tell that to the psycho bitch four cars back when she tries to overtake the three cars ahead of her, then swerves into me so she doesn't hit the first oncomming car.

Dude, take the bus. Problem solved.

once you go track you never go back.

Once you go track you never go back up hills, and down them.

What the policy on wanting someone's bike you find on velospace? Can you build up one just like it? If the original's just in the next town? Is that just wrong?

Edit: also, clipless pedals on a fixie seems like overkill, and toe clips feel retarded to get in and out of... any objections to glueing a pair of vans slipons to the pedals?

you could step off to the side for a second. you know "share the road" yeah.

personally ive had a lot of problems with really retarded bikers. dont get me wrong, to the bikers that arent fucking morons and think they completely own the road im ok with.

theres been so many times where retards run through a stop sign and try to fucking yell at me for not watching out for bikes.

or the other day actually.. at night.. this dude was wearing all black with a fucking black bike riding on a main road with no reflectors or anything. apparently i cut him off because at the next light he yells "you need to watch for bikes"

no my dude, you need to not be rolling through oakland like some motherfucking goth kid on a bike and put some shit on you that shows people you arent the fucking wall behind you.

also i drive in hills a lot and you get 2 or 3 of these fucktards in the middle of the road where 1 1/2 cars can fit comfortable and i roll behind them for a bit to see if they arent dicks... but they dont fucking move so i honk and then they try to flip me off and shit.

Dude, start being courteous. Problem solved.

Once you go track you never go back up hills, and down them.

What the policy on wanting someone's bike you find on velospace? Can you build up one just like it? If the original's just in the next town? Is that just wrong?

Edit: also, clipless pedals on a fixie seems like overkill, and toe clips feel retarded to get in and out of... any objections to glueing a pair of vans slipons to the pedals?

haven't had any problem going up steep hills at all... going down them is one big long skid stop that my tires love me for, so you got a point there...

the messengers around here are keen to rock clipless pedals, all the more power to them. clips are pretty easy to get into once you get used to it, it's just getting used to it is what feels retarded.

but then again maybe your whole post is just a big sarcastic pitch meant to lure me in with nonsarcastic answers that sound dumb...

you could step off to the side for a second. you know "share the road" yeah.

"Well on the flipside..." whatever dude. If you know those backroads you know it's much easier/safer for the van to have pulled off than me.

And for every cyclist hogging the road so you can't pass, there's a cyclist slipstreaming behind a car wishing the car would just get out of the way. Like I said, noone's ever happy with traffic speed.