bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'm not into the covering of your bike brand and name w/ electrical tape.

if its to cover that your bike is worth something, then i'm sure the thief can assume that...

if its aesthetics--your taste sucks

and, like one of the above pics, if its because you ride a langster and are embarassed and don't want to take shit from the kids that are too pure to ride specialized.... you're just gay. ride bikes you like. end.

Possiblly, but thats the exact places I tape up because its where the lock sits, the bike rests againt what ever kind of pole I lock it too, and where the hadlebars hit the frame if they turn all the way. It looks like dude is trying to hide the fact that it's a langster, but the top tube and down tube are a must for conservation.

your tape the head tube, tob of your fork tubes, and your seat stays? the main triangle i agree.

the point of my concern here is that there is a real "shunning" of these--specialized, giant, k2, even redline-- track/SS bikes in the track/SS community, and i think that sucks... esp when its to the point that someone would be ashamed of what they ride. i'm just glad to see more people on bikes. thats all i got

Possiblly, but thats the exact places I tape up because its where the lock sits, the bike rests againt what ever kind of pole I lock it too, and where the hadlebars hit the frame if they turn all the way. It looks like dude is trying to hide the fact that it's a langster, but the top tube and down tube are a must for conservation.

coincidentally thats where the bike gets locked up and where the logos happen to be.

2 birds with one stone.

Wait, what? People shun Giant? That's tarded, they are like the biggest frame manu in the world, you gotta just expect them to show up at the party but it's not like someone showing up at the vert ramp with a Nash Shredder... Giant makes great bikes...

You know, fuck all the snobbishness... if you can beat me in a race then that's cool but if you say the reason you beat me in a race is your bike then I'm gonna beat your ass in a parking lot... and I don't need any trophies for that.

There's snobbery in everything folks.

Yeah, I liked that band before they got all famous. Their demo was and still is the best.

Yeah, the new Mustangs are nice but nothing will ever beat the classic styling of the original.

Yeah, I was wearing skinny jeans back in the 80's before they were mainstream.

Yeah, Mac's are just plain better computers.

Smart makes a good point though about Giant. They do indeed make a lot of the frames for other well known companies around the world. However... I think the snobbery from certain riders pertains to vintage styling/ hard to find bikes rather than new. It seems like the ones whom I notice emitting the most snobbery are the ones riding the bikes you've never heard of or have only seen online or in books. Seems like the most of the cycling/ courier community is just stoked to see more folks on bikes.

That's my view on it anyway. I have no shame in wanting a Bianchi Pista Concept from 2003. They're black and sexy and just look damn good. Set up with the right components is a dream I've been riding for about two years now. I've gotten close twice and been denied both times. Damn ebay...