bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You shouldn't have too hard of a time finding bikes that size unless you are shopping for keirin frames specifically. Check ebay, they always seem to have a few large sized bikes on auction.

As far as your girl goes, everyone thinks fixed gears are dangerous until they get used to it. Sollution? Get her one. Go single speed/ficxed flip flop hub style and then talk her into going on a lazy slow ride with the fixed side...she'll love it.

fixies ARE dangerous in that if you ride hard you're bound to fuck your knees up. i've met a bunch of people who've ridden for years with no issues, but i know enough that have fucked their knees up really bad. those who haven't, i'm convinced they'll get their's soon enough

and regarding frame size: i'm always pissed that the frames on ebay are so fucking huge (i ride a 54/55...) and those are hard to come by. ha

fixies ARE dangerous in that if you ride hard you're bound to fuck your knees up. i've met a bunch of people who've ridden for years with no issues, but i know enough that have fucked their knees up really bad. those who haven't, i'm convinced they'll get their's soon enough

and regarding frame size: i'm always pissed that the frames on ebay are so fucking huge (i ride a 54/55...) and those are hard to come by. ha

Do the people that fuck their knees up just rock a lower seat? I decided to give it a try and take my seat down a few inches one day, and man were my knees in pain for ther rest of that day... then I put it back to the default super high pseudobuttrape position and my knees do fine. I'm not about to forcefully slow my pedalling if theres' a sudden red light at the bottom of a hill though, I'll just skid it...

Or maybe it's because I take MSM (which basically your body turns into gloucosamine inside your body, as well as a million other things because your body needs it like a vitamin) and that's why my knees don't hurt. Oh well. Fixies are fun and now when I try to ride a freewheel it just feels strange and I hate the fact that your control is based on how you use your brakes on a freewheel, as opposed to how you pedal with a fixie.

Yeah, thats total horseshit. A computer mouse isn't dangerous because the way you use it gives you carpal tunnel syndrome, just change you're position, or the size of it and things will improve. Yeah, I know a ton of people who fuck their knees up too, and it's for stupid reasoning. Ride fast then try to lock up..Yeah of course that will wear on your knees. So how about some bike grace?..skip instead of skid, turn into your skip to re-position yourself so you don't need to always be locking up so hard...

People ride bikes so stupidly for no reason(and dude, I was a messenger so I realise sometimes you gotta go fast, but come on) that they fuck themselves up. Solution? Ride smarter. Its not the bikes fault.

You shouldn't have too hard of a time finding bikes that size unless you are shopping for keirin frames specifically. Check ebay, they always seem to have a few large sized bikes on auction.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. But Really? Every search I've done on ebay for "66cm frame" comes up with nothin'. Sucky.

Yeah, thats total horseshit. A computer mouse isn't dangerous because the way you use it gives you carpal tunnel syndrome, just change you're position, or the size of it and things will improve. Yeah, I know a ton of people who fuck their knees up too, and it's for stupid reasoning. Ride fast then try to lock up..Yeah of course that will wear on your knees. So how about some bike grace?..skip instead of skid, turn into your skip to re-position yourself so you don't need to always be locking up so hard...

People ride bikes so stupidly for no reason(and dude, I was a messenger so I realise sometimes you gotta go fast, but come on) that they fuck themselves up. Solution? Ride smarter. Its not the bikes fault.

i'll give you that one...

as far as the 66cm frames go: don't do a search that specific. just go to cycling, then frames. then scroll through. i just did this. didn't see a 66, saw a few 62s and a 64 though.

Also another thing that can fuck your knees up on a track bike, is size. If you go a tad small its better than a tad too big. You can always raise your sat post or get a longer stem, whereas you can't really shorten the bike if its too big. It's important to get as close to what you need as possible to get the most out of it. My bike right now hates me. I can't even ride it. I need something else.