bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

But mine is a cateye with three LED's and its probably visable from 400 miles away but isn't helpful at all in terms of lighting the road ahead of me. Like, it kinda does, but its really not safe enough considering how fast I am going.

Another note: Where should I get a fixed hub wheel? Or should I do it myself?

Edit, that page you showed me has my light on it: http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=101&subcategory=1067&brand=&sku=18639&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=Shop%20by%20Subcat:%20Front%20Lights

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hmm. well...it's waterproof, so if you bike into the river, you'll be cool up to 30 meters.

did you try angling it down a bit? i suppose just return it and ask for something with a more powerful, wider beam.

as for fixed wheels, just get a set off ebay. way cheaper than you could build yourself.

Today was gay. I rode all the way from Lake Merrit to Martinez and on the last stretch home this girl I was riding with runs into me. I was riding ahead by a few dozen feet and approaching an intersection. The light went green to red with almost no yellow and forced me to brake hard. I guess I'm known to be the guy who runs orange lights so this girl wanted to proove herself to me, tries to slide between my right side and the curb and just runs straight into me. We were cruising at 25 so she probably hit me at least 16 mph, bends her front wheel on my rear fork, jabs me in the ribs with her handlebars, and breaks her arm from the fall.

Fucking balls. Another riding buddy bites the dust for the rest of the season... and I'm thinking of repainting my bike this winter instead of the end of next summer.

oh wow, that peugot is nice from as far as i can tell. pretty trendo too with the color coordinated pink deep-v / bar tape...

hey does someone want to fill me in on the top tube pad thing? i see hipsters with them, i see messengers with them, at first i figured they were nut guards from skid stops gone bad and then i realized if i have a skid stop gone bad then my nuts are gonna hit the stem, not the top tube... so yeah, whats the deal?

'i never thought something like this could really happen to a guy like me...'

don't hate cause i pointed out the obvious.

;)

top tube protectors give hipsters one more thing to make flourescent colored.

personally i rock a double layer of electrical tape, but i'm grimey like onyx.

Hey seeks, are you for sure about this wheelset on the cheap? I'm not sure what to lookfor in a wheelset on ebay, but the dudes at my LBS are assholes and they told me I should just have them do it for $40 labor, plus like $5 for a lockring, $10 for a cog. A freaking cog. Any other LBS would give me a cog for free, these assholes have to charge me ten dollars.

the board is tweaking.

Hey seeks, are you for sure about this wheelset on the cheap? I'm not sure what to lookfor in a wheelset on ebay, but the dudes at my LBS are assholes and they told me I should just have them do it for $40 labor, plus like $5 for a lockring, $10 for a cog. A freaking cog. Any other LBS would give me a cog for free, these assholes have to charge me ten dollars.