bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
302272874_2b37231d0b.jpg

my man!!!!

too funny and random.

and soup, if you stacking that money like that at that rate, do it all winter and get a real nice custom road bike. fuck all that fashion fixed gear. trust me its way more satisfying to have some middle aged dude who makes over 200 G's a year sweating your shit that some poor faggot art student.

I didn't realize that riding bikes was all about getting props from those in a high caste as opposed to a low caste. Might as well advise him to buy a sports car, at least then he'd have women sweating him.

I didn't realize that riding bikes was all about getting props from those in a high caste as opposed to a low caste. Might as well advise him to buy a sports car, at least then he'd have women sweating him.

haha.

im int he process of building up a new bike too.

slowly gathering parts.

right now im stuck on what kind of drop bars to get.

maybe some deda pistas.

but looking for something similar to the nitto 125s.

a shallow drop bar but not japanese.

WHy do old dudes spend so much money on something they rarely use?

True story... in a race last year a guy finished about five minutes or so down on the main group, by himself. The finish was a hilltop one and the gradient averaged 12% for over a mile. A beast for anyone... even a mountain goat. So this guy could have been forgiven for finishing even ten minutes down. However... as he crossed the line his friends were all smiles and making comments about how hard the climb was and this hack has the nerve to say he could have finished with the group if he had better wheels. He was riding some deep dish Zipps which I know weigh very little and are very good wheels. He was riding a carbon Colnago and even had the limited edition chrome Sidi Ergo1 shoes. Obviously, dude drops money on shit that makes no difference. But in his mind he actually thinks that spending more money on lighter wheels will make him a better rider. The racing circuit is full of guys like this and they just happen to be my age or older. They're a mystery to me. I can't figure them out. I wish they understood the concept of a good training program and putting in the time... rain or shine.

and soup, if you stacking that money like that at that rate, do it all winter and get a real nice custom road bike. fuck all that fashion fixed gear. trust me its way more satisfying to have some middle aged dude who makes over 200 G's a year sweating your shit that some poor faggot art student.

i'll put a hipster over a yuppie any day... sorry hesh, starbucks just doesn't do it for me, neither does being "corporate with an edge".

YO HESH WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?! IS THAT SHIT WITH ART STUDENTS A NATIONAL STANDARD?!? hahahaha. Fuckin halarious that you mention that shit. All these kids I know that go to art school just bought a bunch of pistas all at the same time. They're ALL about them.

And as for the rest of the shit you guys are talking about, I don't know what you're talking about. You don't need a more expensive bike to make the old yuppie fucks jealous. Passing them on the road is plenty and every now and then, change a fuckin flat. Some of those rich dudes don't even know how to do that shit themselves. Im not into snobbery, cus being a pal and changing it for them has me laughing just as much.

Yuppie, hipster, edgy corporate... makin up labels for gay shits is just as ghey.

Italian people drop bank on they bikes. Fixed gears are fun to ride, and hip, but I geuss you give and take, I want a dope road bike too. I'm thinking about racing track next spring and summer because my dad would really like that and I want to make my dad happy and have something for him to be proud of instead of him kind of liking my graffiti...

Any advice on what I should save up for before I race, I already have a raceable wheelset.

I think your reasons are a little jacked but I understand your commitment.

I'd go with a bike that fits. That's more important that who makes it.

I mentioned the thing about the old guy because I found it funny that people out there actually think performance depends on equipment. While that can be partially true... I'd say nine times out of ten it's a crock of shit. Just because the guy next to you is riding a wheel set that weighs 1500grams and you're riding a set that's 1750grams doesn't mean he has the edge on you.

As for hipsters and art fags riding fixed gears or converted fixed... who cares. IF you know anything then you can tell who knows what's up and who's riding fixed because it's the latest fad. You could all see it coming when the kid next door was rockin' a Chrome messenger bag. You knew the next step was a Pista.

I'm just happy to see more people on bikes. Pista or Conalgo... get out and ride. Sell the fucking Xbox and ride. At least you'll be wasting your time doing something productive.

anybody whos new to anything will stick out of the crowd,

and riding fixed will also tend to weed out

the ones who didnt know what theywere getting into.

its definitely something you have to get used to,

and the geometry is nothing as comfortable as a beach cruiser or a bmx bike.

so thats a big turn off as well.

after all that has been considered,

its safe to say that the newbie is going to stick with it.

I wasn't reffering to Joke's story, more about Hesh's idea of being pseudo rich with an expensive ass bike that makes rich people's penix shrink. Problem with that is rich people dont own three year old bikes, so down the road it's not worf it.

After riding today for the first time in a few weeks I've decided I don't care enough to build my own bike just yet. Stacking money is fun. Geeking over anodized hubs on the interweb is fun. Going a restricted 50 mph on wild cat canyon road cus my wheels are worth $45 a pop is fun. Not caring when a girl doesnt know how to brake and peeling the paint off your back fork is fun. Fun times all around.

I've just discovered the more time i spend in doors, the more money i blow through. What an odd concept.

anybody whos new to anything will stick out of the crowd,

and riding fixed will also tend to weed out

the ones who didnt know what theywere getting into.

its definitely something you have to get used to,

and the geometry is nothing as comfortable as a beach cruiser or a bmx bike.

so thats a big turn off as well.

after all that has been considered,

its safe to say that the newbie is going to stick with it.

Ehhh... Beach cruisers and BMX bikes are more comfortable when you ride in circles around your block, but I don't think either is that comfortable when you're hauling ass downtown ... I don't know, maybe it's just me but I think standard road bike / track bike geometry is the most comfortable of them all.

yeah. i ride my 20 when i got flats/something wrong on the road, the cruiser if the snow is too bad, but i hate commuting on them. ineffecient... the cruiser is uncomfy for more than a mile ride, and the bmx just makes me look like a gay.

example: haha, did you steal that from your sister?

fuck how does one respond to that, "uh no, actually this is a pro L size frame..." no. i just let it go and let the girls hate, hate hate....

Definitely agree. Cruiser bikes are comfy as shit when you're wasted, the party sucks, and the house you're at has one. Someone send me on a liquor run, PLEASE.

isnt that what the hipster is needing the bike for?

the short cruise around town, the ride the bike to the bar,

beer run bike, or smoke cigarettes while cruising....

something to get around on, since learning to ride

a skateboard takes a bit more effort, and harder to fake the funk.

as a kid riding a 20 is fitting.

i could ride for miles.

as an adult riding the same size bike..

shit sucks.

Wait was I just called a hipster? I think you need to rework that definition to say had I whipped out a camera phone and took some picture with my hair over one eye while all this other shit was in the background, then Id be a hipster. For now that was just being a drunk on a bicycle. This hipster shit took off a few years after I left highschool so please dont include me in any part of your gay fantasy.

Edit: Oh and its not mexicans with BMX bikes. Its mexicans with $50 bikes from Target. Sure some are made by bmx brands, but you cant find a cheaper form of transportation.