· • H A R D C O R E music T H R E A D • ·

-Rage-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.myspace.com/rebirth

my brother was in this band for years, they were the number one local band in the state of arizona for a few years. then they broke up. the singer is trying to get it back together but with very little luck, without the lead guitarist its not going to be the same. the guy was the shit at solos. my brother played bass. you can check out there music cause its still on the page. check out the solo for "anthem of the blackhearted"

You must not know that harcore has always had that toughguy atitude.

Ian McKaye of all people was considered a thug back in the day.

You must be young.

there has always been a tough guy side of hardcore, but its not an all inclusive description...

i've never been into the tough guy side of it, more the conscious and angry side of it for me.

on that note: UNDYING

You must not know that harcore has always had that toughguy atitude.

Ian McKaye of all people was considered a thug back in the day.

You must be young.

ian mackaye punched one dude when he was in minor threat, because they guy punched his brother. he then dropped out of hardcore. he talks about it in an interview. he said something along the lines of that once violence was added to hardcore, he was done.

now al fro ss decontrol, that guy was a douche. created hardline. if you weren't edge, in boston, you were probably gonna get jumped.

ian mackaye punched one dude when he was in minor threat, because they guy punched his brother. he then dropped out of hardcore. he talks about it in an interview. he said something along the lines of that once violence was added to hardcore, he was done.

you're not good at understanding interviews....watch it again

i'm pretty sure ian is the sensitive type, not the tough guy.

its not a matter of interpreting the interview...

I'm gonna scream, I'm gonna yell

I don't want to have to use my hands

a friend of mine saw a fugazi show a few years back where there was some sort of moshing and ian left the stage and that was the end of the show--before finishing the first song. he came onto the stage and said that he's against all of that and whatnot... i've never understood him to have a toughguy mentality, but i wasn't there (or in DC in the 80s) so i don't know....

now al fro ss decontrol, that guy was a douche. created hardline. if you weren't edge, in boston, you were probably gonna get jumped.

What a bunch of bullshit. "Hardcore" history is so fucking watered down I don't think the people who were there in the begining remember how it was. People read this book or see that movie and now everyone knows what hand Ian Mackaye wiped his ass with and which way the joint rotation went in the back of the Bad Brains van. The good old days aren't as good as people remember them, and I'm sure things have been embellished over the years. For every "edge" band in Boston, there was a not-so-edge "hardcore" band. Who really liked SSD anyway...

im not young. and i know all about hardcore and am not denying that there was always an attitude like that in hardcore, i just think it is a bullshit attitude to have.

with that said

SSD

SEIGE

DAS OATH

BONES BRIGADE

dude i saw bones brigade in some rich bitches basement in indiana like 3 years ago. it was the wierdest place i'd seen bands play, but bones brigade was fucking amazing. they played with the rites (ex-xfilesx) who were also nuts.

dude i saw bones brigade in some rich bitches basement in indiana like 3 years ago. it was the wierdest place i'd seen bands play, but bones brigade was fucking amazing. they played with the rites (ex-xfilesx) who were also nuts.

ha yeah bones brigade is my favorite hardcore band. the rites and xfilesx both rule. i saw BB 2 years ago, and then a little while after that they broke up. such a bummer. also, they don't get as much of a response in boston than other cities which is surprising consider theyre from here.