Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 12/03/2019 in all sections

1. So, thought I'd start my own non-topic-ish type thread and see where it goes. Actually been thinking of starting my own group, which would be structured as a sort of town hall slash group chat. Not that I think any of you guys really hold back from telling me what you think or asking me questions, but was thinking if I might do a little better to cultivate an environment that encourages it more. Anyhow, I keep in touch with a couple of you guys in real life and most have asked how things are going after noticing I've been somewhat absent for the last two weeks. Truth be told is I've been more swamped than usual and between that and the holidays, I havent been able to hop on like normal. Weird thing is that I actually feel the absence unlike most of the last couple years. I still check instagram somewhat regularly, but not entirely unusual to skip a day or two completely. Further to that, I genuinely don't miss it either. Now in an ironic twist, I check the activity feed here on the forum and feel like I'm missing out. In any case, there's been some pretty incredible conversations going on in regards to the screen printing stuff. Hoping that first quarter of next year ends up being a pretty significant turning point that it appears to be leading up to. Been a ton of work juggling all that and wearing so many hats and looks like we'll have a couple people officially joining the real life team next year. Been trying to get a handle on the brand side of things as well, but that has taken a lower priority. That Stadium 1984 tee was a super huge challenge with so many placements, such tight registration and we definitely learned a ton doing it. Again, super proud of it, but certainly wasn't easy. Also had some rush client gigs hit in the middle of it so we had to keep pausing that project, which delayed the fuck out of it. Kind of accepting the fact that I need to narrow my focus and ensure the screen printing business is solid before taking the next step with the brand. Not that I'm pausing anything, just that I know recognize as much as I'd like, I just don't have it in me to get the brand on a respectable schedule of steady releases, especially with the bar I try to maintain, designed, printed, promoted and sold, and also run the print shop. Next steps were to develop and launch a new 12oz core site so its not solely a shop, establish a real calendar of releases, as well as establish a tight distribution network of a 25 or so quality shops around the world. Anyhow, I'll keep dropping tees (actually reprinting the stacked logo as we speak and getting the next new graphic together), but until I fully establish the print shop and have the help I need there, can't do much else without shit falling through the cracks. So that's sort of the latest from my end. Pulled my son out of school to go back to home schooling since the public school environment just isn't challenging him to the degree he needs, so that's some more big change happening. Thanksgiving was mellow, but lots of good food and had a few friends over. But yeah, juts a shit ton of work and wanted to fill you guys in. I have tried to keep tabs by at least looking at the activity feed and clicking on some main threads, but was just way too busy seeing real life stuff through to be able to engage on here. Oh yeah, I did write a long ass thread about credit in the Jekyll Island group, so go join that if you're interested in that conversation. So that's the cliff notes version of my last two weeks in case you were wondering. Happy to answer questions of fill you guys in on any lingering shit you might have. Been a minute since we've done any rally up type conversations and wondering if the end of the year might be a good time to put out another round of outreach. Any other comments of suggestions for that? Anyone feel strongly about the need for another forum based tee? (Been trying to come up with something meaningful / impactful for a follow up to the Reunion tee).
    2 points
  2. I just posted a credit tutorial in the Jekyll Island Group based off your post. Also accepted your membership request.
    2 points
  3. 2 points
  4. I am probably in the worst financial state of my adult life, currently. But my head is on straighter than ever and i’m working everyday at this exact idea. I started listening to a podcast called “bigger pockets money” and its seriously impacted the way i think about shit. Right out of the gate i can say i’ve Never been good with money, and it shows. A couple years ago i started really thinking about buying a multi family, even though i have virtually nothing saved and not the best credit. I started working on the credit thing hard and got above where i ever thought i would be. Some shit went down, and i bombed to the bottom. In a nutshell, my plans are slow moving but that podcast has me on heavy baby steps towards the whole “Fi lifestyle” and i’m Pissed only started paying attention to it recently. There is literally no reason to buy that forever home shit if you’re even the slightest bit handy and not a bitch ass.
    2 points
  5. I wanted to start this thread because of a discussion we're having among the leadership team of the forum concerning data privacy. I do a few things that keep people from knowing who I am and where I am. I will share these things with you all in hopes that they benefit you as they've benefited me. I encourage anyone else to add their own thoughts here, and my hope is that we can start a discussion that is rich with information that will help others that wish to not leave too much of a trail around the world. These aren't just tips for remaining anonymous online, but for remaining anonymous in the world. I know this is going to be an important topic for some people, or already is. Use a VPN when you're surfing the internet. I cannot make any recommendations in regards to which VPN is best to use. I use privateinternetaccess.com. I've used it for ~8 years or so now. People and businesses that you do not know/trust will ask you for your contact information frequently either online or in person. It is ok to give them some information, but the last thing you want to do is give them your real phone number and your real address. Phone number - I use a google voice number (voice.google.com) that forwards to my normal phone number. I won't go into the details of setting that up, but it's pretty easy. I will say that I don't think that this protects you against government trying to dig into your information but it can provide a layer of protection against spam callers. Let's say you go to Best Buy, and they want your info for a promotional offer. You give them your google number. You have no history of receiving spam phone calls on your cell phone. All of the sudden, seemingly out of nowhere, the next day you start getting hit up on your google number with spam callers over and over. This would be a decent indication that Best Buy sold your info to someone that is less than savory. If you're the kind of person that likes to call numbers back, then I wouldn't suggest doing it from your normal phone line as calling certain "systems" will automatically enter the number being called from into the "spam this person" database they keep. I am not sure if *67 still works in today's age. If it does, use it. Address - This is going to cost you money but it will be worth it. Get a P.O. Box, you can get the smallest one. Ship all of your packages here and sign up all your Best Buy promotions to your P.O. Box rather than giving out your real address. Most online companies will NOT ship to a P.O. Box, but the trick I'm going to tell you gets around that. All you have to do is instead of entering your address like: Dirty Habit PO Box 123151234 Austin, TX 12345 You find out the exact physical street address of your Post Office where your box is located, and use your box number as an apartment/unit number, like so: Dirty Habit 123 Main St. #123151234 Austin, TX 12345 The second address will get things delivered to your P.O. Box and it will not flag as a POBox address on the validation checkers on online websites. I've got FedEx, UPS, and every other shipping service possible to mail to this address without a blink. The other benefit is that you should be getting less snail spam mail in your normal mail box at your house if you give everyone your P.O. Box. Packages that are too large to fit in your P.O. Box will be held for you until you can pick them up or placed in a larger package mail box with a key left inside your P.O Box. Most Post Offices are well lit and open 24h a day so you can show up and get your packages any time. Bonus is that during normal business hours while you're at work, there is ALWAYS someone at the Post Office to sign for packages for you. Your package, also, will never be stolen off your front door step and there's a very very low chance that your package will be given to the wrong person if it's in control of the Postal Workers. You can register your "home address" to the P.O. Box on your driver's license. I am unsure of the legalities of this, but I always imagined it'd be kinda funny if cops showed up to serve a warrant only to learn that they showed up to the Post Office. Of course they'd be able to track you down anyway, but again.... this allows you mobility to live where ever you want and have a stable location to pick up your mail.... no matter what. This is all I've got for now. If I think of more I will add it. Please add your own tips here as well.
    1 point
  6. My fetishization of the eames' work is real. Most of my home is furnished with mcm things, but forever on the hunt for an eames chair from someone who doesn't know what it's worth...
    1 point
  7. ^ Right?! Thats what I meant I got IKEA quality junk I'd kill for those chairs lol
    1 point
  8. I wish Ikea had anything half as good as either of those.
    1 point
  9. 36 YEARS OLD. IVE BEEN A STEM TEACHER THE LAST 3 YEARS, WAS A SPECIAL ED TEACHER THE 10 YEARS BEFORE THAT...
    1 point
  10. 1 point
  11. You should post a link to that podcast. Likewise, we really should breath some new activity into https://forum.12ozprophet.com/groups/15-the-meeting-at-jekyll-island/ . The entire purpose of that group was to share our knowledge and experiences, as well as network for the goal of elevating each others financial position. I have a lot of experience in regards to credit - building it, fixing it and how it works. It's not neary as opaque as it seems and though it will take a little time to show positive results, you'll probably be pretty surprised when you're on the other end of the credit scale looking back.
    1 point
  12. Coming soon to a police department near you.
    1 point
  13. Been fucking with some food lol
    1 point
  14. Absolutely true, @misteraven If you don't want to "throw money away" on retirement then buy property or land. Most of you don't see the need because you're younger and would rather have fun with the hard-earned money in your pocket, but saving for retirement is easily the smartest thing anyone could have told me when I was younger, yet no one did. Actually, I lied, when Nordstrom hired me (at 21years old) they explained the importance of saving for retirement, and how their 401k matched up to 10%, and how easy it was and how I wouldn't even notice a difference in my paycheck, and I still skipped it so I could have that $20 every paycheck in my pocket, instead. Stupid of me. Right now I'm spending a lot of my spare time doing freelance work so I can pay down, or pay off, my mortgage in 10-15 years so that I can retire at 65-67 and owe nothing, to anyone. It's simple, kids - save now.
    1 point
  15. To the post who asked for advice... Save for retirement - now. That’s not a fucking joke, not some “ok, boomer” shit, I’m being real serious. Whether you’re doing a 401k or a Roth IRA and contributing to it, do something, anything - now. Don’t wait till you’re 45-50 years old and think you can eke it out by 67. I started in my 30s and then cashed it out ten years later and had to restart. I wish I hadn’t, and I wish I had started earlier. I’m back on track but it took a lot of sacrifice and spare change to get there. Starting in your twenties is clearly the smarter option. Figure it out and start now. Or work 40+ hours a week until you die, up to you.
    1 point
  16. Maple Syrup Winter Squash (Pumpkin), dressed in Maple Syrup, Olive Oil, Hot Paprika, Red Chili Flakes, Lemon, Salt, Pepper, roasted 425 for 25 minutes, then drop some toasted hazelnuts on top. Stuffing baked on the side: Crushed Sour Cream, instead of mashed taterz. Downed two big plates, Cheers to 2019
    1 point
  17. As a kid you don't like short bus but as an adult it's like a sweet ass shag wagon. Or baitin' wagon.
    1 point
  18. Anyone advocating for the government to to limit/control what anyone is allowed to say, either has 'their' people in power, has reached an isolated status within the system, or has never read a fucking history book. To be fair, I did not, and will not be watching said speech. Celebrities are allowed an opinion, same as anyone else. Their platform & voice can be powerful and relay messages the oppressed cannot, but the overwhelming majority of the time it's a bunch of self-serving bullshit to look good to the masses. Pretty ironic coming from a guy who made his fortune off of trolling and being offensive.
    1 point
  19. 3D printed tec9 I stole from Reddit
    1 point
  20. Bump for my homeboys. 4 years ago showed me love when I came out west. Real ass dudes to me. Gladly ate a charge out there,cuz that's what homies do,right? At any rate,Graff aside, I love all the folk I've been around in this crew...and I'm all about that survive shit....what up fishy,sloth,doobs,and 269! Hope to see you guys again soon
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00