new friends

Vanity

wierd.. i hit 'new thread' and there was some quote by graff goon in the body area,.. oh well.. i digress.

i was wondering how you cats tend to make new friends?

I haven't really made any for about 4 years or so.. and still kick it w/ cats i knew 10 years ago.

I talked about it w/ them.. some of em find it gay to want to meet new people of the same sex.... which i found wierd.

anywho, i was wondering if there's a time in your life where you jsut kinda stop, or what? how do you make em? just through others? work? random public places, or what?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'm not interested in making new friends at all. i have 1 best mate who i see regularly (which is once a week on a good week) and a few acquaintances i see every few weeks/months. once i left high school and moved away from home the herd thinned out considerably.

i just don't have the time to be bothered keeping up with people, it's too much like hard work. as the years go by i enjoy solitude more and more

i make new aquaintences every weekend.. i try to get all my guy friend's girl friend's phone numbers.. ahah. i go to bars and get girls phone numbers so i can have new fun girls to hang out with... but seriously. i'm always inviting everyone whenever i go anywhere the more the merrier.. can never know enough people.

Originally posted by »§ÜGÅR«@Mar 2 2005, 10:00 PM

http://www.myspace.com

thats funny...

a lot of time when i meet friends of friends and we're making small talk the "how do you know so-and-so" questions pops up. i would say 70% of the time i cant answer it....all of a sudden someones phone number just kind of appears in my address book, i call them and then we grill out, drink beer and talk about good times.

i'm holed up in the office most of the time these days, so i make friends through the internet.

surprisingly, my experience has been good so far.

my old friends have left me and moved on.

probably because playing phone tag gets old.

everybody has a different schedule these days.

after highschool the only friends i really had were my crew and when we all went our seperate ways i didnt have many to speak of except for ones that i met through jobs. then i got new interests other than graff and met people while travelling across the country but theres only a few of them that i keep in contact with and i hesitate to call them friends. buts its funny that you bring this up because i just moved to a new city and have been dealing with this same question. ive met some people through school but really only one friend, i met a couple people through myspace that i go to shows with although lately ive been going by myself, and i met a writer...

i spend most of my time chillin by myself as a result but i have to figure that i will eventually start to meet other people. the roughest was finding somebody to paint with because i dont spend all my time hanging out at legal walls and theres not a graffiti classifieds anywhere to speak of. but hey it always works out no matter, you just got to give it time.

Still in high school kicking it with pretty much the same people I've been hanging out with for the last 5 years. I've been hanging out with some new folks of late though. It's refreshing.

I anticipate meeting a lot of new people next year at college.

i wish i had more close friends, but the few i have will do. i'm a very independant person anyways and tend to keep to myself, so although i'd like to have more people to hang out with and learn from, i can still deal with being alone. i actually prefer it that way 90% of the time now a days.

i have been hanging out with some people from work lately and it's turned out to be quite fun, especially seeings how these guys are more older than me and have a different view on life because they've gone through more.

I make friends by yelling shit out of windows or off balconies, then when someone comes back with something witty I invite them in.

Seriously though I don't try to meet anyone, for some reason people like talking to my weird ass and end up wanting to hang out.

I think moving has a lot to do with making new friends.

Theres party friends (people you just chill and have fun with, dont see that often and you probably cant have fun but your only in it for the laughs and good times)

then theres the close friends (who know a lot about you, who you can trust and will stand up for you the moment something bad happens)

You can never have enough party friends, the more you have the better your weekends.

yeh

meet friends at colleeeege

its easier to make friends who are girls...for some reason making or trying to make friends with other guys seems kinda homo, but it all depends on the person. if ur chill then its all good. its funny cuz i ran into ppl from my elementary school again in college and its like the good ol days now

fun times, friends rock

sarah forgot to mention that she purposley seeks out good looking people because shes shallow. thats why me and her havnt seen eachother lately. cuz im hideous but i try to make up for it with my fly skilss at graffito and love making

say word :haha:

Meet alot of new people every week, can never remember their names the next week though.

I would be happy hanging with the friends I have now till the end.