Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Cribs: Mr ABC's house edition

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Harvey Wallbanger, May 21, 2006.

1. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is out of control.

70,000 Beer Cans Found in Townhouse
    You know how some people, after they use something, just can't bear to throw it away. That might make sense if it's magazines or clothes. But what if it's empty beer cans? In astounding numbers?

When property manager Ryan Froerer got a call from a realtor last year to check on a townhouse, he knew something was up.

Ryan Froerer, Century 21: "Said it was the sickest thing he's ever seen. Just unimaginable that someone could live in that."

He couldn't even open the front door. It was blocked from inside.

Ryan Froerer, Century 21: "There was beer cans I would say probably this high up on the door."

The realtor had forewarned him about the smell.

Ryan Froerer, Century 21: "He poked his head in, the smell was so awful he couldn't go in. "

At the back door, Froerer was astounded by what he saw in the kitchen.

Ryan Froerer, Century 21: "As we approached the door, there were beer boxes, all the way up to the ceiling."

Inside, he took just a few snapshots to document the scene. Beer cans by the tens of thousands. Mountains of cans burying the furniture. The water and heat were shut off, apparently on purpose by the tenant, who evidently drank Coors Light beer exclusively for the eight years he lived there.

Ryan Froerer, Century 21: "It's just unbelievable that a human being could live like that. "

To all outward appearances, the person who lived in the townhouse was the perfect tenant. He always paid on time and he never complained. He kept a low profile in the neighborhood.

Kirk Martin, Letter Carrier: : "Yeah I never delivered any mail there at all. I thought the apartment was vacant."

The cans were recycled for 800 dollars, an estimated 70,000 cans: 24 beers a day for 8 years.

The townhouse was cleaned up last year and it's just fine today.

The man who lived there seems to be back on his feet. We spoke to him today and he says he's completely stopped drinking. He was welcomed back to his old job a few months ago, and his co-workers speak highly of him.

2. GEEB

GEEB Senior Member

how much is that worth? like 700$ worth of cans? can anyone confirm this? wow

3. xen

xen Dirty Dozen Crew

The news said they got $800 for the aluminum. It made me feel so much better about my housekeeping habits.

4. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

do you know how much fun that place would be? i mean. you might get cut up and you'd need to wear a gas mask, but i'd be jumping all in that shit.

5. Obvious

Obvious Banned

what a fuckin slob. i'm not the neatest guy but how hard is it to throw some shit in the trash or recycle bin? thing is i don't think he noticed the cans there. it just became the default way to live. he would've probably freaked out if a house cleaning service made his place spotless.

6. dirtydoses

dirtydoses Veteran Member

wow how do you move around without getting all cut up/nasty?

7. LIVERWURST*

LIVERWURST* Elite Member

Where I live beer cans are $0.05 when retruned - they would have gotten $3500...

8. El Jefe Uno

El Jefe Uno Dirty Dozen Crew

man.. why would you not cash in beer cans when you realized you couldnt see your floor? i dont know how many times ive returned empties to get a pack of butts

9. ihavethebubonicplague

ihavethebubonicplague New Jack

what the fuck?? how did he move? I guess he wasn't very fat. I dunno but this picture of a fat man slowly wading through 4 feet of empty beer cans keeps running through my mind.

10. AyeBee

AyeBee Veteran Member

I'd dive in that shit daily

11. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

haha

i was thinking about that just now, im also picturing him picking up random cans and checking if theres any left

12. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

13. "inkie"

"inkie" Senior Member

thats awesome..... seriously it should be a new trend....fuck swimming in a pool or the ocean, swim through stinky ass beer cans in your house

14. "inkie"

"inkie" Senior Member

you might be a redneck if you have to swim through empty beer cans to get a new one

15. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

I cant even imagine how bad that shit would smell. Just a trash can full of old beer cans gets rank with the quickness.