Making Break Dancing an Olympic Sport is a Never Forgive Action.

Mercer

• Mercer changed the title to Making Break Dancing an Olympic Sport is a Never Forgive Action.
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

CNN — 

Refugee athlete Manizha Talash was disqualified from the B-Girl breaking competition at the Olympics for wearing a cape with the words “Free Afghan Women” during her breaking battle on Friday.

The 21-year-old, who fled Afghanistan after the Taliban began seizing control in 2021, now lives in Spain and represents the Refugee Team at the games as B-girl Talash.

• Truth 1

Rules are rules.  I seen the clip.  It was rather irritating imo.  With all the other things televised with all the crap going on, the Olympics is refuge and a great place to forget all of the crap in this world. 

I'd would have canned her too. 

Might be because I'm getting older, or maybe I'm just weird, but I do not like the Summer Olympics, and I'm indifferent to the winter Olympics. Too much douchebaggery at play here, and taking yourself serious extra serious business for me.

I get more positive vibes from watching paralympics, or the special olympics than watching these actual olympians. I get enough of that douchebag shit at work. I'm more inspired watching someone coach a downs syndrome kid into having a great day, or watching someone run in tandem with a blind person full speed.

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

I've always thought breaking was a little silly.

I respect it from an athletic, strength, and coordination standpoint. But every other form of dance in the world follows the beat of the music, breaking seemingly has no relation to rhythm at all, it's just people putting on hip hop music and demonstrating that they have better core strength and coordination than I do.

3 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

I've always thought breaking was a little silly.

I respect it from an athletic, strength, and coordination standpoint. But every other form of dance in the world follows the beat of the music, breaking seemingly has no relation to rhythm at all, it's just people putting on hip hop music and demonstrating that they have better core strength and coordination than I do.

A lot of the up rock is on beat - the battle aspect is what I dig. 

Lets be honest neither one of us could even pull off a decent arm wave......but to say breaking is silly. Thats a stretch. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

There's a lot of things I can't do, that doesn't mean those things have inherent value. 

I do appreciate it from a fitness standpoint. I remember watching a dude do planche pushups into handstands then spins--truly impressive feats, but that's not dancing, it's glorified yoga. Which is not one of the elements of hip hop.

• LOL! 2

I have never tried, but I have always wanted to be able to do a windmill. Some days I think to myself that I could probably do it but know deep down that I would severely injure myself if I tried.

• Truth 1

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

These levels of Cringe haven't been reached since this movie came out.

this scene still randomly crosses my mind ever since seeing it as a kid in theaters .

i had some irrational fear of break dancers with nunchucks hiding under bridges for months after seeing this with my dad as a kid

• LOL! 4