Manufacturing rap beef

2 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

It’s exceeded my expectations and it’s fun watching Canadians lose.

no offense @metronome

I’m fine with it, but this is a nice reminder that I need to check in with my Toronto buddy and make sure he’s doing okay.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Funny story, @MayorMeanBeansused to DJ in Montreal when he was in school up there. He would set up all his shit before hand and wasn't good enough to just deviate from the script and fade in other beats. Drake (before he was famous) went up to him and was asking to get on the mic but he had to tell him no, just because he didn't want to deviate into DJing for him. All these years later and he made the right decision.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

But also ai is fucking wild at this point.

From the bbl drizzy original track I e found whole ass YouTube channels that do throwback versions of rap songs and I can't even tell it's ai half the time 

• Truth 3

So basically this engineered rap beef over copy protected content was just smoke and mirrors for the the government to controlled how Ai can be used.  

Or at least thats my read between the lines take away from that committee hearing. 

Posted (edited)

But nonetheless, it's gonna a be interesting how the government will come up with ways to regulate what is going to be legal and illegal use of ai.  

Edited by ndv

1 hour ago, ndv said:

So basically this engineered rap beef over copy protected content was just smoke and mirrors for the the government to controlled how Ai can be used.  

Or at least thats my read between the lines take away from that committee hearing. 

Again it makes My point that these rappers can be easily mimicked and replaced with AI that far exceeds their abilities. Their value is effectively worthless at this point.

So until AI can get the ability to even model hands to the extent it can replicate playing instruments such as the guitar and keyboards, "real" music shall always prevail as the dominant genre as opposed to this artificial garbage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Idk if it’s that deep. I think Drake is just incredibly corny 

I agree, but I suspect politics are going to use this a time to regulate.  

REGULATORS!  Mount up!

Seriously though, I still think this beef thing was definitely for sales.  Nothing more nothing less.  

As for the Drake thing, I am so out of the loop on this guy.  The last time I heard drake was back in 2012 2011??  Can't really remeber the year but I remeber the day.   As for drake popping up on the scene from day one everyone said he is corny.  I guess it's a bad rap if start from nickelodeon as a kid.  

• Like 1

@ndvthe main reason Kendrick overall won this beef so far is that drake took a pretty large blow to his brand .

Past the memes it's pretty risky for companies to now be involved with the ovo and drake brand moving forward unless things are officially cleared up by him and his team publicly.

The days of music industry behind the shadows is on the way out 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...