On Tuesday, Elon Musk sold ~$1 billion in Tesla stock. On Thursday, they announced recalls for ~500,000 Tesla cars

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Guess I’m generally indifferent, and not emotionally invested enough to care what other people are driving. Regardless if there a good fit for what very type of race, they’re pretty cool cars for more realistic driving situations IMO.

I can’t argue with that. People can like what they like 

• Truth 1

Honestly, I don't get people that would pay to race their factory car like that unless it's a real exotic. Like yea, you paid for a cool car I guess, but it's kind of a low level non-flex to be at a track without an actual build, unless you're there to get drunk and huff methanol fumes. Might as well go home and cheer for a random electronics tech to raw dog your wife while you're at it. It's like yea dude, you got a good run in, or your wife came too, but it's all thanks to a random 3 inch dick electronics nerd.

Edited by Mercer

3 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I like the aesthetics of Tesla’s.

There's a guy driving one around in my area with after market wheels and the stance has been lowered which looks really really good as it flows with the car I actually like it alot.  

When I see him out and about, I'll try to snap a pic. 

• Props 1
  • LOL! 1

Elon Musk interviewed/conversation with Dan Carlin on the role of engineering innovation in warfare.

Super interesting topic.  Too bad Musk can't string half a thought together with anything resembling coherency.  And he had a SpaceX sr engineer riding shotgun to make sure he didn't embarrass himself too badly.  

Edited by metronome
  • LOL! 1

On 1/1/2022 at 9:16 PM, metronome said:

Thing is the Musk/Tesla fan bois are more than happy to do all the real time beta testing for him, out on the streets.  The guy "driving" that car audibly becoming annoyed with pedestrians for being pedestrians and fucking up the car's AI piloting is gold.  

this is by far the worst part of self driving: the test subjects are the rest of us. a tesla on autopilot is going to kill someone 

18 minutes ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

this is by far the worst part of self driving: the test subjects are the rest of us. a tesla on autopilot is going to kill someone 

And the best/smartest in AV development are so laser focused on self driving being important and the future they've talked themselves into acceptable losses and that ppl dying is an acceptable consequence for their baby being perfected.

• Truth 1

52 minutes ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

you won't get to actual self driving without real world testing and deployment. but it's transparently not ready for that 

I said that when the idea was first proposed.  Not everything can be automated.  Driving is one of those things.

You wouldn't put your dick in an automatic circumcision machine that was designed and programmed by dude's w/ tiny dicks would you?  It'd chop your shit off and they'd be like "whoooooppppsssss we have a little bug that we're going to fix."

People that think self driving is a good thing are idiots.  They should start out on self driving razor scooters and see how that pans out first.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

There's no way full self driving will ever be perfect, but I think it will eventually become safer than the average retarded human drivers. Admittedly, FSD sucks balls in cities, but that doesn't change the fact it's exponentially ahead of anyone else for suburbs/highways. At best companies are offering a lane keep assist, but nothing serious yet as far as I know that passes/switches lanes automatically, adjusts for traffic lights, signs, and signals.

Again, not perfect, or even as safe as your average human right now IMO, but FSD was good enough to start charging $10k more for a few years ago. Last year they started building the option into every car, and charging a  $200 a month subscription knowing they'll cake harder long term. Probably pays for itself the first time you get home buzzed without swerving.