On Tuesday, Elon Musk sold ~$1 billion in Tesla stock. On Thursday, they announced recalls for ~500,000 Tesla cars

KILZ FILLZ

4 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Do you mean like the models Ford made that were a regular cab with enough space to store a few items and hang some clothes but not sit?

The next 5 years are going to get so crazy in the car/truck market.

exactly! I like the little bit of extra room but I still need the functionality of a full size bed. I can’t be rollin up with a 4 ft bed to pick up 12 ft drywall. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, LUGR said:

The next 5 years are going to get so crazy in the car/truck market.

I think you’re right. Most of the manufacturers got over the overtly futuristic look of the later teens. That was a bit of an awkward transition but I like where it’s headed. Many brands now paying homage to what came before but still pushing it forward without rebooting everything 

• Truth 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Half the time I talk shit on Elon Musk I do it from the browser in my Tesla, while supercharging.

8E7D06D2-5175-4F95-ACA7-9451A28FD04B.thumb.jpeg.06badc011a986d22817d0b37233920c7.jpeg

A lot of manufacturers copying that giant screen concept. I dunno if having the time to post online while you fill up your car is the flex you think it is though.. 

How long for a ‘full tank’ ? 

On 2/17/2022 at 9:26 AM, Kults said:

A lot of manufacturers copying that giant screen concept. I dunno if having the time to post online while you fill up your car is the flex you think it is though.. 

How long for a ‘full tank’ ? 

How long does getting a monthly bus pass take in Quebec? Like could you make a 12oz post while waiting in line? 

• LOL! 1

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

How long does getting a monthly bus pass take in Quebec? Like could you make a 12oz post while waiting in line? 

did your crypto crash again or is it just that time of the month for you? 

you criticize all kinds but can’t take a little shit about your favorite car brand being absolute overvalued trash 

you can be so pathetic in bursts. have a snickers my guy and don’t forget to tell everyone for the 37th time you drive a tEsLa 🤡 🗑 

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Kults said:

did your crypto crash again or is it just that time of the month for you? 

you criticize all kinds but can’t take a little shit about your favorite car brand being absolute overvalued trash 

you can be so pathetic in bursts. have a snickers my guy and don’t forget to tell everyone for the 37th time you drive a tEsLa 🤡 🗑 

Admitted I drove a Tesla once, but to you it must feel like I'm flexing on you personally like 5 or 6 times a day, every day. It's not because I hate you @Kults, they're just really fun cars man, you shouldn't be so fashionista, or be openly so emotional about the next man's whip.

Besides, if you were actually paying attention in the crypto thread, you would have buying ETH with the rest of us when it was $150, I've never paid any more than that, it's worth over $2,500 now. I knew you'd pop shit if I posted and figured I'd remind a troll on my dick who they actually are, IRL.

43 minutes ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

if we had a functioning us DOT this would be illegal. we gotta stop putting TVs in cars  

I get where you’re coming from. In a sense I kinda agree but really how different is it than paying attention to a traditional radio or adjusting the temp with the old knobs? 

It’s nice to have a huge screen for the GPS too, arguably easier to see so less distracting if you don’t have to spend as much time to glance over at it. If it’s used for stuff that was already there it works great, obviously would be retarded to watch TV while you drive 

• Truth 1

3 hours ago, Kults said:

I get where you’re coming from. In a sense I kinda agree but really how different is it than paying attention to a traditional radio or adjusting the temp with the old knobs? 

It’s nice to have a huge screen for the GPS too, arguably easier to see so less distracting if you don’t have to spend as much time to glance over at it. If it’s used for stuff that was already there it works great, obviously would be retarded to watch TV while you drive 

i feel the gps thing but distracted driving is real and kills people. admittedly i feel strongly about this in part because i got run over on my bike by a guy using his phone while he was driving. 

the cdc data on this feels incomplete. they say distracted driving kills about 3000 people a year, a figure that's been going down in recent years. that seems wrong to me, just based on anecdotal driver behavior observations over the years. i'm sure it's hard to conclude it's a distracted driving death unless you have evidence they were using a phone at the time they crashed. 

https://www.cdc.gov/transportationsafety/distracted_driving/index.html

the same stats say 1 in 10 traffic accidents involve a distracted driver, which is probably subject to the same difficulty in measuring but has a living driver to question and feels a little more realistic to me. 

analog buttons and sliders are arguably better, because after using your car they become part of your muscle memory. tap the air conditioning button four times, turn up the radio, all without taking eyes off the road 

• Truth 1

12 hours ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

if we had a functioning us DOT this would be illegal. we gotta stop putting TVs in cars  

The bigger the nervous laughs of the beta testers get when the car tries to mow down pedestrians and cyclists, the bigger the info-tainment screen gets I think. 

To be more serious, in the UK they treat distracted driving with zero tolerance in the same way they do with drunk driving - and they consider any amount of BA% too much to drive.  I'm not sure why North American attitudes are so cavalier about this. 

Edited by metronome
  • Truth 1

In Teslas with FSD computers, they recognize cars, pedestrians, and other obstacles even when not in FSD, and automatically applies corrective steering/braking when needed. The real threat to pedestrians  in my perspective is usually their own screens distracting them. Not mine.

The only way to get a real comparison between apples and oranges here is to compare the data. The NHTSA's numbers show non-Teslas have an accident on average  every 492k miles. Teslas (without autopilot engaged) are in an accident on average 1.92m miles (4x safer).

Teslas that have auto pilot engaged need to rack up 3.34m miles on average before having an accident, making FSD safer than both > 6x safer than regular cars, and just under twice as safe as other Teslas without autopilot engaged.

No matter the logic involved here, people are naturally suspicious of things that aren't familiar to them yet.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 3 weeks later...