need advice- fender bender w potentially uninsured driver

KILZ FILLZ

Yo-

i got into a minor fender bender collision 5 days ago and am dealing w some fuckery. Looking for advice from teh oontz

20 yr old girl pulled out of a driveway without looking to her left and pulled out right in front of me. Minor damage to my car - paint, small dent, alignment is now off-

i got the name and phone number of a witness at the scene, driver of a third car that almost got hit by her at the same time. Witness said she is down to say that she saw girl using her cell phone while pulling out and not paying attention. Girl narrowly missed hitting this third driver. 

20 yr old girl didn’t have a current insurance card she could show me, only one that expired august 2020. The card she had didn’t have her name on the policy, only her parents names. Felt some shit was awry and had her call her insurance co right then to see if the policy is active.

Insurance co (AAA) created a claim number and spoke with me on the phone. I gave them my details and info on my car and the insurance co then emailed me the claim number and the contact info for the adjuster immediately 

so here is where the fuckery comes into play and I need some guidance:

The adjuster who emailed me still has not confirmed whether this girl:

a] has an active policy that is paid up to date

b] is on the policy at all

i have been emailing and calling for last five days and adjuster only responds with “I’m looking into the coverage” etc. this shit is a red flag to me. I’ve been at fault in an accident before and this type of question could seemingly be answered immediately. I feel like AAA is fucking me. Today the adjuster refused to give me an ECD of when she may be done evaluating the coverage. 

so, my question:

1] do I contact the cops and tell them I was hit by an uninsured driver? I hate hate hate getting the cops involved with anything, but I need my ride fixed. I take great care of my vehicles, and all possessions, and this shit pisses me off because I did nothing wrong. I don’t want to drive around with fucked up alignment for the next month for them to just tell me “too bad, so sad”. I have pics of her drivers license and license plate as well as expired policy card, damage to both vehicles- on top of witness. 

2] do I open up a claim with my own insurance policy, and eat the $500 deductible, but then get my body work, paint, and alignment fixed - at the cost of my rate being increased? I’m opposed to this. Why do I pay $500???!

3] wait it out. Hope for a payout?

4] pay out of pocket for alignment, should be less than the $500 deductible. And leave the paint and dents. 

5] yolo and don’t touch it. 

6] I have a pic of her license, which has her address. Let the vandalism flow through me?

7] BOOGIEHANDS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Call your insurance company. If you file a claim with them, there is a good chance that they will murder this bitches whole life if she's uninsured. There is always the chance that your premium doesn't go up as you are not at fault.

Damn

that $500 doe

• Truth 1

12 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

How is your condo going anyway?

met with cabinet guy yesterday. We kept the doors from lower cabinets that were scrapped. so match with unaffected upper cabinets is way easier. Ins paid for full build of both so, $+. SAT the movers come to pack our shit and take to storage. We get all new floors and baseboards. Bathroom will be fully done. Kitchen pretty much just floor and lower cabinets. The policy didn’t cover the actual plumbing repair, which is counterintuitive as fuck. Pay for results of loss but not cause of loss? Weird. Biggest PITA at the moment will be boarding the cats (2) while the condo is a construction site. 

troubling bit: both contractor for rebuild and plumber for repair told me they are very familiar with Bldg and I should sell. - fucking shitty feeling, fucking shitty capital gains tax. What I get for thinking I got a good deal lol. Should’ve just put more down and got something closer to a long term home. Everything I read on SoCal real estate said to cop a cheap condo and wait it out a few yrs for the equity though. 

you only know what you know at the time, so fuck it. 

• Like 2

Not sure about CA but where I'm at it would be useless for you to call the cops, it's now after the fact.  It's somewhat like saying you left the scene of an accident without reporting it, so it didn't happen.  

If you call your insurance and it turns out she is insured you're fine because she's at fault and her company picks up the bill.  If she's not insured tho, yeah, you might take a hit w/ your company.

At this point because you waited and all, I'd wait a moment longer.  If she has insurance you're set.  If not, maybe you can get her or parents to pay for your allignment at least or more if you want the rest fixed.

If she tries to play you stupid, you have time to plot your revenge.  

• Like 1

If you think the repairs are under $500, see if shes willing to just settle privately? 

My girl got hit by a dude with no insurance a couple months ago, and dude immediately asked us to not call the cops.

So long story short.. We got it to a shop an got an estimate to fix her car, it was pretty fucked, and he couldn’t afford it. So we gave him a choice, fork up the $500 deductible or she has to get the cops involved. He happily gave her the money and my girl filed a hit and run claim and they fixed the car. 

I don’t know if that effected her insurance because i never asked, haha, but shes on that sweet, sweet govt insurance. 

• Like 2

Insurance will probably tell you to get fucked and take it to civil court to sue her for damages..... but if insurance fixes your car then there are no "damages" other than emotional distress or some shit like that.

I wouldn't expect anything to come of this.  You think it's bad now but just wait until all these fuck head border jumpers are driving cars like they just learned how to drive or it's their first car ever.

Vandalism is a poor choice.  I'd get the police involved so they can make a report. 

I have no reservation against calling the police on drunk drivers, I used to do it once a week while heading to work at 3AM into downtown Austin.

If you're a moron and you are in a position to impede me in any way and I can use the long dick of the law to fuck you, I will.  No questions asked, I won't even flinch to do it either.

I've always thought that people that acted like cops were your enemy were odd folks.  Unsavory characters, the ones I've met.

54 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

You think it's bad now but just wait until all these fuck head border jumpers are driving cars like they just learned how to drive or it's their first car ever.

I know someone who had their car crashed into going through an intersection a few weeks ago by a car full of illegals with of course, no insurance. Driver got out and ran, bystanders tackled the other two and they were arrested. Car is still totaled.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

On 3/10/2021 at 4:49 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

Damn

that $500 doe

Just went through a similar situation.  I was driving my in-laws car to pick up some food, some kid hit the whip very similar scratches and a minor dent but on the back end.  Usually the insurance follows the car and not the person.  Her 'rents prolly still pay for the insurance of that car.  Just call that insurance company and they'll tell you.

I was driving a 2004 Lexus rx330, my in-laws just collected the little check and left the scratches.