How Reddit cratered 2 hedge funds.

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"hearing about the game stock big pump! as any deal maker knows, that is always followed by a DUMP! Be "smart"!"

and the top tweet in response would be like "The biggest DUMP is in the white house!" with a picture of that time he forced the football players to eat room temp filet o'fish sandwiches. and the day would continue 

• LOL! 2

6 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

The irony of 12ozProphet members calling something criminal.  Feel like this should be a meme.

Who should enforce the laws that are being broken?

🍿

In an ideal world, private arbitration, lawsuits based on provable losses by force selling assets. It's not that I don't like and follow  rules, I just don't like or follow rulers.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

no question that there are a lot of pros doing what they want here—you could never tell me the people dropping $10k+ on like a well-timed gamma squeeze are just "casual investors" or "newly minted daytraders". but they are leading casual investors and newly minted day traders by the nose. to what? well... 

the big services that robinhood, etc rely on to actually fulfill trades are also doing well by prerunning all these orders. this is not some big moment for democracy, it's a prison riot, and the guards still have the guns. 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Truth 1

12 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

You never thought any president we had was good at leading the people?  I wasn't alive for most of them, obviously, but there seems to be stories of good Presidents past.

There was almost one "good" President, George Washington. He was a great leader IMO up until the whisky rebellion. Since that time, there hasn't been a single President that's followed non aggression, meaning every single president we've had including Carter's pussy ass has murdered people intentionally, for goals clearly not related to self defense. To me that's never forgive action. Murder = bad.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

3 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

I’m fractionally convinced the past like 9 months has all been bullshit. Things are aligning in perfect storm styles way too fucking often. 

Weird time to be alive. (Takes hat off) 

I 100% agree with you.  It feels all very fabricated.  I can't even say fabricobbled here because it seems well planned/thought out.

1 hour ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

late night blog post: robinhood drops strict new trading limits and eliminates fractional trading, which sounds a whole lot like they are having the big liquidity problems they said they weren't having earlier this week 

Seems that way. I saw an article or two where some other companies were blaming the same issues Robinhood was having on clearing houses and collateral. 

Once I heard Robinhood sold crypto I downloaded it, and transferred some money to it. Unfortunately I discovered if you buy crypto there, you can't get it out. Like you don't actually own it, they do, so they get the final say with anything you "own" on there. I thought this shit is stupid, what's the point? Withdrew my deposit without ever trading a cent, and deleted that garbage. Fuck that app, and if it's parent company also owns Melvin well of course they're going to protect themselves, especially if the alternative is insolvency. 

People acting all shocked now like OMFG, when it's blatant like this that the financial system is rigged? Really? You think the Federal Reserve, the SEC, or any other three letter agency is here to protect you? C'mon man really? They're loyalty is to the system itself, that's what feeds them by choice so they remain loyal. You don't have any choice if you pay taxes or not, so acting like they work for you, like you're the customer that's choosing to pay them? Really? I can tell you they do not work for, you, for us, or for the ideals the ideals the system's founder's supposedly intended. They work for, and uphold the system itself, not some mystical ideals we're all supposed to share. they are the system, and civilians like you are just unwilling participants.

Edited by Mercer
There's no better government than no government
  • Truth 1

It's not a coincidence.

These were the same red flags showing up months before the 2008 crash.

People just werent paying attention

the reason why it feels fabricated is because the financial institutions are guiding it that way.

Reddit just saw some of the flags and intercepted the football

the institutions didnt think that anyone would be ballsy enough to try to catch them in the act

the institutions were so arrogant that they decided to waltz around in public with the corruption hanging out of their zippers