How Reddit cratered 2 hedge funds.

Dirty_habiT

boom and bust cycles that capitalism goes through in America all have the same traits

Sell when the ship is sinking and buy the lifeboats to sell back to the drowning people

This is nothing new. The system isn't designed to fail but it will fail on the dot every 7 to 8 years

Edited by glorydays
  • Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Also, now that everyone is paying attention to this shit, I wouldn't recommend joining in, and trying o diamond hand these short squeezes, or even Doge right now. Any wise investor will tell you it's about the long term, the key to this is predicting the future, and HODLing into that future reality, not jumping from one passing fad to the next. People with big money see these fads too and have the power to change the market, if only temporarily, just when you'd least expect it. It's all about that long HODL game. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, glorydays said:

boom and bust cycles that capitalism goes through in America all have the same traits

Sell when the ship is sinking and buy the lifeboats to sell back to the drowning people

This is nothing new. The system isn't designed to fail but it will fail on the dot every 7 to 8 years

This is the cause of these predictable boom and bust cycles:

image.png.ab01275879e8fc244aa653a10653b434.png

This is the cure:

image.thumb.png.173e8a66ea0ece3087822fe3485f71e3.png

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

This is the cause of these predictable boom and bust cycles:

image.png.ab01275879e8fc244aa653a10653b434.png

This is the cure:

image.thumb.png.173e8a66ea0ece3087822fe3485f71e3.png

i completely agree

financial institutions propagate that they're the only ones who can do this banking and finance shit.

The gamestop thing, no matter how foolhardy anyone thinks it is, shows that anyone can jump into the fray and play around.

The billionaire's experiencing a crash and their troubles right now is just, luckily, compounded by the virus.

the only thing giving the financial institutes any power is the fact that a majority of americans put their complete faith and money in them.

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Also, now that everyone is paying attention to this shit, I wouldn't recommend joining in, and trying o diamond hand these short squeezes, or even Doge right now. Any wise investor will tell you it's about the long term, the key to this is predicting the future, and HODLing into that future reality, not jumping from one passing fad to the next. People with big money see these fads too and have the power to change the market, if only temporarily, just when you'd least expect it. It's all about that long HODL game. 

thiiiiiiiis. a lot of my dumber friends have been very "time to sink $500 in, right?" and i have enthusiastically said "no" 

please don't try to time the market. the pros aren't good at it! 

i am curious about, and almost waiting for, the crash.. i feel like it happens this year. the economic fundamentals are not good, the vaccine rollout is botched. 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne

I’ve 

2 minutes ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

thiiiiiiiis. a lot of my dumber friends have been very "time to sink $500 in, right?" and i have enthusiastically said "no" 

i am curious about, and almost waiting for, the crash.. i feel like it happens this year. the economic fundamentals are not good, the vaccine rollout is botched.

lol same here but with friends asking about doge

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

in fact i am curious about the crash.. i feel like it happens this year 

fortunately, its the hedgefunds that are crashing

dumping rich people's liquidity is usually a good thing for America.

It puts money back into the market

watch

i bet money prices are going to fall.

perishable goods are going to be cheaper. food prices will drop

people will be able to afford food finally

Funny thing about Doge is it has a super strong "collectability" factor to it if nothing else. Same kind of appeal as baseball cards, or other collectibles. It's just cool to own at least some Doge, but kinda tardsville to be invested in it heavily. It's one of the oldest running cryptocurrency blockchains in existence, and centered on a legendary meme of epic proportions. 

• Truth 2

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Just so we all are clear, hedge funds aren't exclusive investment vehicles for just "rich people". Anyone with a 401k, or pension probably has some exposure to these types of funds in the hopes of retiring some day. 

that's true

but a majority of hedge funds out in wallstreet, especially ones that have those "licenses and certs" to play in the stock market, have a minimum to join

I'm not saying that there arent smaller money markets that anyone and everyone can join, but the ones that shake the ground are extremely exclusive and have astronomically high minimums to join.

29 minutes ago, glorydays said:

that's true

but a majority of hedge funds out in wallstreet, especially ones that have those "licenses and certs" to play in the stock market, have a minimum to join

I'm not saying that there arent smaller money markets that anyone and everyone can join, but the ones that shake the ground are extremely exclusive and have astronomically high minimums to join.

Minimums a large company's pension fund, or a union's pension fund qualify for. Not to mention smaller retirement accounts managed in 401k's representing hundreds of thousands of individuals combined in some cases. These groups do meet those requirements, and offer tiered risk levels to participants that don't choose to short specific stocks, but sign up for general high risk funds. The little old lady on your block's living standards can also be effected by movements in the market.

It sucks being broke, having to work a job you don't enjoy. So it's a fun indulgence to hate on anyone having more than we do, but humans never prosper by thinking like crabs in a bucket. By virtue of economic exchange, each individuals prosperity on this planet is beneficial to all others. Being happy some imaginary mr peanut looking "rich person" is suffering losses to me is childish indulgence, and counter to one's own interest's.

Edited by Mercer
  • Truth 2

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Minimums a large company's pension fund, or a union's pension fund qualify for. Not to mention smaller retirement accounts managed in 401k's representing hundreds of thousands of individuals combined in some cases. These groups do meet those requirements, and offer tiered risk levels to participants that don't choose to short specific stocks, but sign up for general high risk funds. The little old lady on your block's living standards can also be effected by movements in the market.

It sucks being broke, having to work a job you don't enjoy. So it's a fun indulgence to hate on anyone having more than we do, but humans never prosper by thinking like crabs in a bucket. By virtue of economic exchange, each individuals prosperity on this planet is beneficial to all others. Being happy some imaginary mr peanut looking "rich person" is suffering losses to me is childish indulgence, and counter to one's own interest's.

I agree with you.

I don't "hate" on the rich as much as i hate the type of class warfare the rich wages on the poor.

Starvation and eviction are weaponized to force them to work harder for smaller pay.

The banks and loaning credit unions make sure to keep cash flow moving in their direction.

If the people can't pay their loans back?

The banks and credit unions "sell" the debts to debt collection agencies.

The entire marketing architecture is based on moving money away from the working class while at the same time forcing them to work harder.

Working harder means avoiding the pitfalls set by the banks and loan sharks.

Even the state helps the financial institutes with corralling the poor.

Sheriffs are called in for evictions and debt collection.

My "hate" for the rich is really my recognition of how dangerous the rich are when it comes to their need for more and more money.

• Truth 2

I'm going to give you the quick rundown on Wallstreetbets culture for you newcomers to get acclimated or if you're a CNBC boomer not knowing what the fuck is going on in this sub.

# First of all lets go over lingo/slang:

**FD** (stands for "f" word (no not fuck the other F word) delight)

\-*To buy an FD is to buy a weekly option that is so fucking retarded it might just work*

**Retard**

\-*It means your fucking stupid and don't know what the fuck you're doing*

**Autistic**

\-*Use autistic to describe someone that actually does due diligence and knows what they are doing*

**Ban**

\-*When you say or ask something so fucking retarded someone has requested a mod to ban you*

**Diamond Hands** 💎

\-*It means you never sell. Your hands are literally made of diamonds*

**Toilet Paper Hands 🧻**

\-*You sell at the slightest red tick because you're overleveraged and are a pussy.*

**In Scrambles**

\-*when somebody has made a poor decision and is regretting it*

**Europoors**

\-*When the European stock markets open up and they start selling because they lack economic stimulus.*

**Ameririch**

\-*When US stock markets open and they buy up what Europoors sold*

**YOLO**

\-*$400 into GME weeklies is not a YOLO you dumb fuck. A YOLO should be atleast 4 digits and represent 98-100% of your account*

**$ROPE**

\-*what you buy when you make a poor decision*

**FOMO (fear of missing out)**

\-*when everybody getting paid and you feel left out.*

**Guh**

\-*when you account goes from $4000 to $0 in 30 seconds*

**DD** (Due Diligence)

\-*It means doing your homework on a specific stock or the overall market*

**BTFD** (Buy the Fucking Dip)

\-*Something Warren Buffet said*

**Plunge Protection Team (PPT)**

\-*When the money printer gets turned on and prevents a drill from drilling further*

**Tendies**

\-*money*

**Mooning 🚀🚀🚀**

\-*Either means a stock went up 0.05% or 600%*

**Drilling / Drill team 6**

\-*Either means a stock went down -0.05% or -50%*

**Pleas fly again**

\-*what you say when your stock takes a shit*

**"We like the stock"**

\-*Recent meme popularized by Jim Cramer in regards to Gamestop when he tried to imitate Wallstreetbets users*

**Jerome Powell / Daddy**

\-*The chairman of the Federal Reserve. Blessed us with 0% interest rates causing stocks to only go up. Literally prints money.*

**SEC (Securities exchange commission)**

\-*Stock market police*

**Black Swan**

\-*when your chillin and some shit pops off that makes the stock market moon or drill*

**Deepfuckingvalue**

\-*Autist who held GME for nearly 2 years*

**Mods are gay**

\-*self explanatory*

**Buy High Sell low**

*-what you do as a newcomer.*

​

No you don't need to report users who call you retarded.

No you don't need to report users that say they fucked your wife while her boyfriend watches

No you don't need to report users for saying you probably do blowjobs behind the wendys.

If somebody says "nobody tell him" they are not being a dick you are just so fucking retarded because your question is probably basic shit you should know before investing.

# Gang Life

On your adventure throughout Wallstreetbets you'll notice some retards representing different types of "gangs" heres a quick guide to what they stand for.

**Bear Gang / Gay bears / Virgin traders 🌈🐻**

\-*These guys get hard when stocks go down*

*Note: "gay bear" in NOT an alternative to calling someone "retard". Being called gay bear is 100x worse, true story.*

**Bull Gang / Big Dongus Crew 🐂**

\-*These guys get hard when stocks go up*

**Kang Gang 🦘**

\-*These guys get hard when stocks go way up and then way down*

**Theta Gang θ**

\-*These guys get hard when stocks go sideways*

**Cash gang 💵**

\-*These guys get hard watching other people get hard*

**Late-night gang**

\-*Any retard on wallstreetbets between the hours of 1am pst / 4am est - 4am pst / 7am est*

**West coast gang**

\-*Usually a chad who lives in California or Washington. Heavy presence between 12am pst and 4am pst*

**East coast gang**

\-*Losers that have to wake up at 4 in the morning to look at the pre-market*

**Pajama Traders**

\-*Usually references people who trade futures or those that trade premarket*

**Silver Surfers 🏄**

\-*People that invest in silver commodity*

**Steel Gang**

\-*People that invest in Vale, X or other stocks that go up when steel is in demand*

**Corn Gang**🌽

\-*People that invest in corn*

**Gourd Gang**

\-[*People that invest in Gourd*](https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/kzoh1c/i_am_financially_ruined_agricultural_futures/)

**Tanker Gang**🛢️

\-*People that invest in tankers. rip.*

# Surviving as a newcomer

Don't ask retarded questions that are basic such as:

* "What is an option?"

* "Should I buy X stock?"

* "Is it too late?"

* "What is IV?"

* "Why can't I trade" and the market is fucking closed

* "What are futures?"

All this basic shit will piss off some degenerates because if you don't know any of this there is really no reason for you to be throwing 10k at weeklies you'll lose 99% of the time.

​

Not only is it against the rules but nobody gives a fuck about your political thoughts. The only thing we care about on this sub is fucking gay bears and losing money. With this much people in a sub there is bound to be political commentary and I'd advise you to take it to a different sub.

​

**TL;DR: This sub was created to lose money. Nothing here is financial advice.**

Found this guide / legend that helped me make much more sense of the shit I was reading on there. Even though I did setup a Reddit account many years ago, I never really used it at all. Only been recently that I’ve gotten interested and being honest, it really does reaffirm my belief in online communities outside of social. 

In any case, if I can figure it out, I’ll buy some $GME tomorrow just to support the cause. 

41 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Found this guide / legend that helped me make much more sense of the shit I was reading on there. Even though I did setup a Reddit account many years ago, I never really used it at all. Only been recently that I’ve gotten interested and being honest, it really does reaffirm my belief in online communities outside of social. 

In any case, if I can figure it out, I’ll buy some $GME tomorrow just to support the cause. 

this is gonna sound weird, raven

use cashapp lmaoooo

Yo thinking about it RH might not have shut down trading when they did not as much to protect Citron but because they were getting wrecked and had less equity than they previously claimed and were afraid they we gonna have to open their books, fucking up their IPO.

• Truth 1

35 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Oohh wee. Those short term gains are just taxed as regular income! Is it different in straya @Schnitzel? Are you getting taxed on top of taxed?

Yes that what happens here gotta hold on for 12 months and then your tax payable is halved.

Over here it's to stop people flipping houses too quickly because the housing market is off tap.

five years ago after selling my place I got severely fucked because of it. cost like 55,000 dollars

but to be fair the house went up by like 400,000

Edited by Schnitzel
  • Props 1