What did you ACCOMPLISH?

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 8/17/2024 at 10:01 AM, fat ralphy said:

Shooting these out to family and friends this year - next year I am going to add another hive and I will probably be able to start some small scale sales in the next couple seasons. 

This was a generic logo, probably commission one with a steal your face that also has a shamrock element. 

2024-08-17 09:45:53.542.jpeg

I’ll be your friend this year.

Really dig the name mon.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

had some free firewood(maple, a pretty large section of what must've been a monster tree...) generously dropped off about a month ago. finished splitting today. definitely not runnin out this wood burning season!

..and as kind of a bonus, it gave me a damn good workout over the course of the past month.

DSC05395.thumb.JPG.44cf874a452b26eb905c542913d6bcb9.JPG

DSC05396.thumb.JPG.af6db01dd48a709e8865f1aac06e71da.JPG

DSC05400.thumb.JPG.dc4302b6a34e32c51987b7be730fb1b6.JPG

• Like 3
  • Props 2

• 2 weeks later...

I get this walk in, guy speaks about as much English as I speak Spanish (minus profanity, I know about 20 words).  

The guy couldn't supply me with a DWG, so with a reference part in hand, Google Translator (Google translator from English to Spanish, the Spanish must be proper Spanish becuase the guy was still perplexed what was being translated), calipers, a calculator, amd CorelDraw.  

This is what I was able to accomplish. 

Dude was super grateful and I was pretty stoked due to the language barrier and limitations of reverse engineering, we had pulled it off and manufacture these shims.

I acquired a customer for life!

Sometimes I feel like I am doing this for nothing, then some dude walks in and things like this remind me why I do it.

20240829_131529.jpg

• Like 3
  • Props 1

3 hours ago, ndv said:

I get this walk in, guy speaks about as much English as I speak Spanish (minus profanity, I know about 20 words).  

The guy couldn't supply me with a DWG, so with a reference part in hand, Google Translator (Google translator from English to Spanish, the Spanish must be proper Spanish becuase the guy was still perplexed what was being translated), calipers, a calculator, amd CorelDraw.  

This is what I was able to accomplish. 

Dude was super grateful and I was pretty stoked due to the language barrier and limitations of reverse engineering, we had pulled it off and manufacture these shims.

I acquired a customer for life!

Sometimes I feel like I am doing this for nothing, then some dude walks in and things like this remind me why I do it.

20240829_131529.jpg

what are those used for?

38 minutes ago, LUGR said:

what are those used for?

I wish I knew.  If I did I would be able to market myself to many other opportunities.  It had somethingg to do with Audio equipment, something to with the electronics.  Like jig of some sort.

• Props 1

On 8/30/2024 at 6:00 PM, ndv said:

20240829_131529.jpg

On 8/30/2024 at 7:02 PM, LUGR said:

what are those used for?

Brackets to the secret panel that conceals the drugs in the mule's car.  It's a puzzle pattern so the cops can't just open the panel.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

So I lost some weight, enough that I'm now in the range of my 'Midwest' weight.  I got clothes from over 15 years ago that I thought maybe one day I'll be able to wear this shit agin.  Now I understand when women are like they have a whole new wardrobe.  Guess it's good I hung on to that shit and didn't lose the weight by getting sick and dying.  All I had to do was lose my mind, smoke lots of pot, drink beer, not work, fuck around with trains half the day, dogs half the day, and screw my girl for the final half.  Eat a dick Tommy Lasorda.

• Like 1
  • Props 3

• 2 weeks later...

Swapped the O2 Sensor.  Ordered the wrong connection type, so I cut the connection off, split the wires and engine light still on after ECU reset.  Got home, switched the wires, and engine light turns off.  

Job complete!

Honed my razor, passed the hanging hair test, shave ready!

Edited by ndv
  • Like 3

Guess I've done some good shit.  Riding a wave of insanity. 

Got some long distance rust prevention done. 

Continued to drop weight below my expectations, might try to take it a few pounds lower.  Bonus is I've done a lot of walking/hiking, and I've been bringing 2 different dogs from the rescue with me so win/win.

Got some snax and assorted shit to the under the bridge crowd.

I got a seized lawnmower engine to work again.  I wouldn't say I'm not mechanically inclined, it's just that I was never taught any of that shit.  I'm happy to have figured it out on my own for maybe $15 vs. what would have surely been what, $200? from some equipment shop.

• Like 4
  • Props 1

In the last week I.....

Pulled a suzuki 650 savage out of the trash and almost have it running. The engine is seized - it's currently soaking in mystery oil so I can manually break it loose. Might try it later today. There was well north of a gallon of fucking gas in the oil when I changed it over the weekend so let's see what happens. Fuck it a free bike is a free bike.

Got a whole shit ton of mom plants cleaned up and stable - working on dialing in perfect DLI for my rooms since I just got a PAR meter delivered this morning. 

Started tossing literally all the trash I have in the garage so I can get a roll off and make said garage into a mini mechanics shop and build a small skate ramp in there and have space for a welding machine so my aws certs don't go to shit

Continued a consult with a guy who won't listen to advice but still complains about output. Still getting paid though so....yeah. if I'm gonna get ignored at least I'm paid for it.

• Like 5

just used a length of paracord i had laying around to fix my power washers pull cord(snapped earlier today), instead of buying a whole new pull cord mechanism off amazon to reinstall.

17280091656171625856631095073016.jpg

edit: this is the video that helped me.

Edited by nicklesndimes
  • Like 1
  • Props 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

just found a new project bike by the kwik-fill dumpsters. 2015-16 trek shift 2.

gonna have it dialed and riding like new. budget: $100.

Hit me up if you would like another stencil.  I wanna try a different material this time.

Edit:  nevermind, the photo took a minute to load.  Using a VPN that takes a little longer for pages to fully load so I didn't see the bike is in great shape

Edited by ndv
  • Props 1

6 minutes ago, ndv said:

Hit me up if you would like another stencil.  I wanna try a different material this time. 

thank you dude. most of the logo is pretty solid, just trying to paint match one spot where something happened to the frame will be likely the main cosmetic hurdle.

17287822705194662837068296109150.thumb.jpg.b1237531198179b96fbfb320c42aebb5.jpg

edit to add photo, that's the extent of cosmetic wear for the most part...

Edited by nicklesndimes
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ndv said:

Edit:  nevermind, the photo took a minute to load.  Using a VPN that takes a little longer for pages to fully load so I didn't see the bike is in great shape

you're all good! i deleted/re-uploaded the original post to add the photo before you replied haha 👍

• Like 1