The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

1 hour ago, fat ralphy said:

@mr.yuck learned Spanish a bit in high school but work and institutions helped me get pretty good for a whiteboy- like the ladies at the taqueria get moist bruh.

@NightmareOnElmStreetdeli game bro, I spent a few years behind the counter……ate hella good. 

Have you ever heard of a Russian deli?! 

56 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

i speak a realllll little French and I used to be pretty close to fluent in German. But, you don’t use it, you lose it. Both languages were pretty pointless for me to know from any practical stand point.

100% truth.  I was getting pretty good with Japanese thanks to my chosen friend circle, once upon a time but then they all moved back over seas and slowly communication dwindled and I lost it all. 

• Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Knowing another language is great on many levels and can be easy to learn with the proper motivators.  I've found people generally tend to appreciate the effort.  Def increases the moisture factor lol.  Sometimes it really resonates for someone too.  Like I met an immigrant that had no one from their culture around and I cracked off a phrase in their language, really blew their mind for a moment because they hadn't heard anyone in whiteboy America speak their language in ??  Another language is also great if you want to talk to someone and not have others know what you're saying.  

Speaking Spanish has made me mad cool with tons of Latinos, so much so that when a lot of them see me they're like, Hey, Culo!  

• Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • LOL! 1

New trucks high payment cause badish credit or shitty old truck nothing fits in including my children…? I’m fenced up on this one boys. Ok the one hand I could buy a not so new nice truck but the way the market is right now even the used shits are 30k+ So what’s the difference? Can I afford a 600 dollar a month payment? Probably, lol. But I don’t have business credit or loans yet so either way it’s coming out of pocket for now. (This is for my paint company) @mr.yuck what say you?

@NightmareOnElmStreetyou sound like you are in the same predicament I was in a few years ago. I started my company out of a beat down xterra. I roasted the transmission pulling a 12ft trailer all over the place. It finally died on the interstate and while I was transferring my belongings out of it, I had a state trooper pull up on me to inform me that he was going to impound my vehicle. We had already said our goodbyes so I told him “Bruh, I don’t give a shit what you do!” 

Anywho, I opted for brand new. I was really tired of breaking down ass work vehicles. I ended up getting a Ford sprinter. It’s been the best. I got it with shelves, cab divider, and ladder rack. My payment is around 585 at like 7% and 6 years or something. I opted for longer terms and a lower payment since I wasnt really established yet. I would try to do financing through anyone else but Ford. Not sure if they are full of shit or not but they said their commercial credit rates weren’t as favorable as personal vehicles.

Pros and cons, that’s up to you. I think a van is more practical. A truck you can use for personal life and not be seen as a possible chomo on the late night creep. 

In other good news, I only have 2 more payments on that bitch. I feel like I’m making my last alimony payment in just another month and a half.

• Truth 2

7 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

@NightmareOnElmStreetnaw I wasn’t really up on the Russian deli dude

Our here on the West Coast deli’s are more general cold cut/sandwich spots and not as many traditional cultural joints.

We don’t have the Germantown or Hessidic boroughs etc to the extent you guys do on East Coast. 

Hit the Inner Richmond for the Russian connect. Go to Cinderella Bakery and report back.

• Props 1

5 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@NightmareOnElmStreetyou sound like you are in the same predicament I was in a few years ago. I started my company out of a beat down xterra. I roasted the transmission pulling a 12ft trailer all over the place. It finally died on the interstate and while I was transferring my belongings out of it, I had a state trooper pull up on me to inform me that he was going to impound my vehicle. We had already said our goodbyes so I told him “Bruh, I don’t give a shit what you do!” 

Anywho, I opted for brand new. I was really tired of breaking down ass work vehicles. I ended up getting a Ford sprinter. It’s been the best. I got it with shelves, cab divider, and ladder rack. My payment is around 585 at like 7% and 6 years or something. I opted for longer terms and a lower payment since I wasnt really established yet. I would try to do financing through anyone else but Ford. Not sure if they are full of shit or not but they said their commercial credit rates weren’t as favorable as personal vehicles.

Pros and cons, that’s up to you. I think a van is more practical. A truck you can use for personal life and not be seen as a possible chomo on the late night creep. 

In other good news, I only have 2 more payments on that bitch. I feel like I’m making my last alimony payment in just another month and a half.

forgot to mention I was after a sprinter for a long while before I realized the compatibility fo also being a daily driver/family car was total shit. I also drive a lot of long distance weekly. Can’t really load your 2 kids up in a sprinter and travel state to state. Just settled on full size crew truck with a big ol tool box cap. 

1 hour ago, LUGR said:

Hit the Inner Richmond for the Russian connect. Go to Cinderella Bakery and report back.

Wish I lived a few hours south. Would go lol. Unless you’re talking about Rhode Richmond which doesn’t strike me as having a Russian deli but who knows! 

17 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

forgot to mention I was after a sprinter for a long while before I realized the compatibility fo also being a daily driver/family car was total shit. I also drive a lot of long distance weekly. Can’t really load your 2 kids up in a sprinter and travel state to state. Just settled on full size crew truck with a big ol tool box cap. 

Wish I lived a few hours south. Would go lol. Unless you’re talking about Rhode Richmond which doesn’t strike me as having a Russian deli but who knows! 

Talking about Richmond District in SF 😆.

edit…What kind of truck you getting?

Edited by LUGR
  • Props 1

No Russian spots in Rhode island they dont really get along with the spaghetti criminal guys, there's some non descript spots in Alston or newton but they're mostly dogshit go to Bazar in Brookline if you want a good Russian deli around here, they have amazing deserts which is the only reason I've gone there get the vatrushka, their sandwiches look good they are mostly like Cubans but real Russians eat boiled potatoes and green bean mayonnaise salad

• LOL! 1

46 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

@LUGR good chance I can check it this weekend. Good looks.

I used to live a couple of blocks down, and they would always have racks of freshly baked bread cooling out front in the middle of the night with the bakers working overnight.

I would always get pirogis there, but remember seeing a bunch of other intriguing menu items and interesting atmosphere. Lots of desserts.

I haven’t been there in about 19 years though…but if it is still open, they must be doing something right.

http://cinderellabakery.com

Edited by LUGR
  • Like 1