The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

@ndvdefinitely - parts are sourced etc But the most bang for the buck stays in our economy for the most part. That said, inflation has been wild as fuck and economically we are still struggling but there has been recent improvements in those areas. 

What Italian shoes are you copping? I have no true brand loyalty shoe wise just a fan of the classic nike models. 

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
44 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

@ndvdefinitely - parts are sourced etc But the most bang for the buck stays in our economy for the most part. That said, inflation has been wild as fuck and economically we are still struggling but there has been recent improvements in those areas. 

What Italian shoes are you copping? I have no true brand loyalty shoe wise just a fan of the classic nike models. 

Definitely agree.  My thing is though with inflation and a specific pro American demographic (not to be taken personal).  If everything was made in America, the majority wouldn't be able to afford it due to our own issues or inequalities.  

I like Diadora, Ylati, and then my higher end sneakers Fendi which I year as my dailies.  Had them since the end of 2018 and they still have shape and form.   

When it comes to American, New Balance is my go to.  The New Balance made in Boston and England come with craftsmanship warranties, but only these variants,  all else is just a shoe. 

Even tho the brand has become too popular and stereotypical to some degree, I personally think Gucci makes very well made shoes that hold up to the test of time. 

But those Ylati, those are handmade and cost far less than high-end variants. 

On 4/3/2024 at 3:47 PM, Tails0nE said:

Could've sworn I heard somewhere the male Karen is Chad... 

Like Chad already sounds like a douchebag name..

Been calling certain group dudes chads for like 20+ years. Pretty sure it came through skateboarding at some point. As myself and the homies got older you start noticing, you yourself also becoming kinda chad like and the judgeness dies out because it’s lame but mostly you don’t wanna call yourself a chad lol. Anyways chads “used” to be the type of dude who would show up to the park once a year in more preppy attire whilst mall grabbing and you could still hear the faint sounds of hatebreed or some other  lame ass band coming from said persons lifted jeep wrangler. 

• Truth 1

Outside of bustling cities it really looks to me like there are a lot of retail stores that are gone and never coming back. Empty stores and dead malls pepper the landscape but no one seems to be talking about it.

Back when COVID hit we were all worried about small restaurants going away and  we missed the shuttering of brick and mortar shops big and small.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

12 hours ago, morton said:

Outside of bustling cities it really looks to me like there are a lot of retail stores that are gone and never coming back. Empty stores and dead malls pepper the landscape but no one seems to be talking about it.

Back when COVID hit we were all worried about small restaurants going away and  we missed the shuttering of brick and mortar shops big and small.

Malls outside of major cities are definitely dying. My hometown mall is still hangin on but it’s on some E.T. death bed in the science lab type shit. Never seen anything quite like it tbh. There’s barely anything open and the security is gone so people are bando hopping around the place but there’s still active businesses including some of the food court which is super random. Definitely sad but yeah. Malls are dead dude. Makes me think of this absolute classic. 

Where I live there are two malls a couple blocks from each other. One totally died and now houses churches and gyms where the big box stores used to be. The other one is absolutely thriving. Jam packed all the time. The only difference I can see is the thriving one moved a bunch of stand alone sit down dinning into its outside perimeter.

They’re mostly dead for sure. Yo any of yall ever get strep throated?? Holy shit what a miserable experience I never had yet. Leave it up to me to get taken down by some tonsil virus infection. Super painful and I had to get a steroid injection in my right ass cheek. Docs all said they were hella surprised it wasn’t Covid or flu after all the swabs. Full body aches, 104 fever straight dying at least I felt like I was. Strep. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

@LUGR pretty much the same for me out by my families crib in the burbs.. one mall is always packed while the other is damn near empty and on the verge of closing.. it's weird tho because like one big part of it like where sears or whatever huge department store used to be at is some store called woodman's or something.. fuckin HUGE along with an equally huge liquor store.. over by me though there's two malls out on the Southside where I'm at and same thing, one is dying rapidly while the other still has pretty steady business.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

@NightmareOnElmStreet strep throat fuckin sucks dude.. everything sucks and you can't do anything but be miserable till the meds kick it.. get well soon 🙏🏼

• Like 3

image.png.9369dd1a1db6b7b2cadc39c44dd0e081.png

I don't get this.  I keep seeing these squatter stories, not unique to NYC either, and I do not get it.  Like I get there are people taking advantage of laws and shit, but how the fuck does someone just jump in your property and you come home and do nothing??  Worst case scenario I'm thinking I'm waiting outside for you because you have to come out some time motherfucker and I am going to stomp your ass.  Or, it's my property, I'll bust the window at night and drop mace in that shit, clear it right out.

image.gif.801debd984f9c3c4b5f8164ff8cd8aa2.gif

image.gif.31c9552ce2f8a2bfe6d45ba85285610e.gif

• Truth 5
  • LOL! 1

I am with you on this squatting thing, OMB, amd the loopholes involved.  Not sure how a homeowner would just stand by and allow that to happen.  

On another note, years ago out local media covered a story about neighbors getting all Karen on a guy who squatted a nice home the proper way, paid the fees to whatever they entailed, which I believe was the hack taxes and ended up owning the home out right.  From what I remeber, he played the system just right the home was foreclosed and whoever owned the foreclosure allowed the taxes to lapse or they company/bank went under.   

The guy obviously knew what to look for to do it right and it worked out for him.

• Like 3

So I think a while ago I was talking somewhere on here about Journaling and starting to nerd out on fountain pens and what not.. got me a traveler's notebook and absolutely loved it so much I got the pocket size one as well for all my cocktail recipes and what not.. first pen I got was a Lamy Safari and I love it as well.. just switched the nib to their "cursive nib" which is pretty cool I guess just hella expensive for a nib.. I also bought a kaweco sport because of how tiny and portable it is compared to the lamy..

To be honest I'm disappointed with the kaweco but I feel like it could be user error.. it's a fine nib but when I write it comes out scratchy and the lines aren't consistent as if the ink level is low even tho I've filled it up.. was thinking like meh fuck it maybe I'll get a medium size nib to swap out maybe that will help, then I seen they just came out with a piston version of the sport (you can twist the built in lil plunger thingy to fill the entire body with ink rather than using cartridges). Pretty fuckin cool since it's a tiny pen already and now you can get more ink out of it.. hell yeah right..?

$165..... One hundred and sixty five dollars... just for the pen...

FUCK outta here... 😒🙄

• Like 5

@One Man Banned I myself don't have my own signature drink just yet.. they play alot of favoritism at my job unfortunately so while I bartended our entire busy season i watched them hire dumbasses around me so they just schedule me whenever they need someone, ie today, so i dont really get opprotunitues like others.. but I did help a friend figure out her charity cocktail for the month.. pretty simple just mezcal, yuzu curacao, lime juice, ginger shrub and ginger beer.. Basically a mezcal mule if you really think about it.. 

Tbh alot of people just left or got let go recently.. like ALOT... our beverage director just left also so we're still going through our specialty cocktails from the holiday season until these fuckin dorks figure out what we're gonna do for spring/summer season 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 3

@One Man Banned yeah see tequila and mezcal get me in trouble.. (reference to my last tequila endeavor on here) but in short, I guess you can say controlled amounts I can do a couple mezcal/tequila drinks..

But ahhh I got you.. well I'm an old fashioned kind of guy so my go to usually is a Buffalo trace old fashioned.. just super smooth overall either that or wathens barrel proof bourbon equally as good.. but other than that I'm a HUGE green chartreuse fan so sometimes if someone wants something random I'll give them a Last Word.. it's smooth, it's floral, it's different cause not alot of people know or even heard or chartreuse.. pretty cool to show someone something new and interesting like that.. but typically I'll ask the person what's your poison and go from there but if they're willing to try anything I'll give em that..

BUT, I will say, if someone is from out of town and asks what's local or what's a "Chicago drink" or whatever I will always give them a Chicago handshake and wait to see the hate in their face after taking the shot of malort..

• Truth 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

On 4/11/2024 at 8:24 AM, LUGR said:

Where I live there are two malls a couple blocks from each other. One totally died and now houses churches and gyms where the big box stores used to be. The other one is absolutely thriving. Jam packed all the time. The only difference I can see is the thriving one moved a bunch of stand alone sit down dinning into its outside perimeter.

one of those is on the dead malls youtube, it used to be a ghost town

even in 2010 there was a prom tux rental shop and like on random store there

felt like a trip in  time

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

4 hours ago, Tails0nE said:

@One Man Banned yeah see tequila and mezcal get me in trouble.. (reference to my last tequila endeavor on here) but in short, I guess you can say controlled amounts I can do a couple mezcal/tequila drinks..

But ahhh I got you.. well I'm an old fashioned kind of guy so my go to usually is a Buffalo trace old fashioned.. just super smooth overall either that or wathens barrel proof bourbon equally as good.. but other than that I'm a HUGE green chartreuse fan so sometimes if someone wants something random I'll give them a Last Word.. it's smooth, it's floral, it's different cause not alot of people know or even heard or chartreuse.. pretty cool to show someone something new and interesting like that.. but typically I'll ask the person what's your poison and go from there but if they're willing to try anything I'll give em that..

BUT, I will say, if someone is from out of town and asks what's local or what's a "Chicago drink" or whatever I will always give them a Chicago handshake and wait to see the hate in their face after taking the shot of malort..

I've rarely had chartreuse but it was an ingredient on some cocktail I used to get somewhere.

What's a Chicago Handshake?  You should make a Chicago Dog cocktail with hot dog water, pickle juice, etc.  Pretty sure @LUGRis down to try it.

• LOL! 3

4 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

I've rarely had chartreuse but it was an ingredient on some cocktail I used to get somewhere.

What's a Chicago Handshake?  You should make a Chicago Dog cocktail with hot dog water, pickle juice, etc.  Pretty sure @LUGRis down to try it.

Speaking of hotdogs…..check these surprise glizzies I found earlier today

8054A93A-EE68-494C-AE70-606E225E0E1B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

4 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

they're still good 

I tossed them, and then a bit later a stray dog nocked over the garbage can and tore into a bunch of bags full of sloppy joes and glizzys. Came outside to trash all over the place….just one of those days 😬

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

9 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

If you ever get a chance to drink it by itself give it a try.. it's a nice siping type of booze very floral, herbal, silky on the pallet and just all around awesome..

Now a Chicago handshake on the other hand is the exact opposite lol a handshake is a shot of Malört and can/glass of Oldstyle.. classic beer and shot combo but Malört is just god awful.. it's mainly made with wormwood but not the same as absinthe but it's just.. wild to even explain.. I've had guests and friends alike describe it in very imaginative ways.. I've gotten forest floor, tire fire, sweaty gym sock, roadkill, all sorts of vivid things.. but surprisingly enough some people do like it especially if you enjoy bitter drinks..

There's this guy that comes in regularly he runs a prohibition tour and comes in with a handful or big ass group of people it varies day by day.. I was taking care of him one day with like 7 other people and walking by I hear one of the ladies say "yaknow, I do like bitter cocktails a bit more I do love a nice negroni"  so I slide back and ask if she does indeed like bitter drinks then look at buddy and go "you know where I'm going with this.. so miss, have you ever heard of Malört before? Immediately he yells "oh god..... 🤦🏽‍♂️ *sigh* alright let's get a round going.." and believe it or not she actually loved it while everyone else absolutely hated it.. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Also I was deadass at work thinking what would make a Chicago Dog cocktail.. it probably won't be good, but it'd be a thing.. genuinely thinking like what would be the base spirit? Would I infuse the dogs with the booze or pour the hot dog water separately? Up or on the rocks? Pickle spear and sport pepper covered in celery salt would have to be the garnish..

Might have to r&d this for the oontz as disgusting as it may be

• Like 1
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, Tails0nE said:

Also I was deadass at work thinking what would make a Chicago Dog cocktail.. it probably won't be good, but it'd be a thing.. genuinely thinking like what would be the base spirit? Would I infuse the dogs with the booze or pour the hot dog water separately? Up or on the rocks? Pickle spear and sport pepper covered in celery salt would have to be the garnish..

Might have to r&d this for the oontz as disgusting as it may be

reminded me if this classic

• LOL! 1