This Old Trap House: Wonk Saggin Edition

mr.yuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
14 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@KILZ FILLZ good to see they are finally starting to put you back together. They owe you for continuous paint. Usually 2 coats on patch work and one coat on remaining walls. Look at your paper work and sq footage. If they arent gonna do the work tell them you want the money back for what they didnt do.

I’ve already had to do that with a couple other things, estimate included remove/reset of both the countertop and and microwave/exhaust vent. Give me my money!! Lol. Gotta call the proj Mgr and let him know about the gloss/matte issue

• Truth 1

8 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

@KILZ FILLZ fucking mess.  Your cats must keep walking through and messing with all that shit.  Sucks f that's your main bathroom too.

We’ve been in a hotel now about one month. One more month to go. No pets allowed on a construction site so home owners Ins had to find us a pet friendly hotel. It’s nice, but I’ve spent a lot of time on the road for work and hate hotels. Missus has never spent more than a couple days in one so it’s kind of a novelty for her. 

• Truth 1

32 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Cabinets look nice. 

Team was there starting to floors today so I didn’t stay long or take any video. 

Curious if the dishwasher and stove will be reset after the floors??? Seems bass ackwards

3E4555BE-AC05-4210-B860-7A0280D704D7.jpeg

I really like the white-grey look.  Out standing choice for the commercial grade faucet. 👌 

All you need now is a stripper pole and you're set!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

We’ve been in a hotel now about one month. One more month to go. No pets allowed on a construction site so home owners Ins had to find us a pet friendly hotel. It’s nice, but I’ve spent a lot of time on the road for work and hate hotels. Missus has never spent more than a couple days in one so it’s kind of a novelty for her. 

Ah, now some of your posts in other threads make more sense.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

10 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

We closed on 11/27/20 and the first claim for the bathroom was started 12/2/20.

so about 5 months in total. Suuuuuuucked

That does suck. I didnt realize how soon after you moved in all this went down. But that timeline sounds about right.

At least they moved you out. I cant tell you how many houses they just throw me in and have me move furniture back and forth a million times to replace floors.

• Like 1

Dearest @Mercer,

I hope this message finds you well. I have been searching the internet high and low for a specific wiring diagram and was hoping you could help me out. I have a light at the bottom of the staircase and a light at the top. 

Im am trying to figure out how to run the wiring so that the switch downstairs controls both lights. A switch upstairs that controls both light. A second switch upstairs that controls only the upstairs light.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Yours truely,

Mr.Yuck

Vice President and client

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Dearest @Mercer,

I hope this message finds you well. I have been searching the internet high and low for a specific wiring diagram and was hoping you could help me out. I have a light at the bottom of the staircase and a light at the top. 

Im am trying to figure out how to run the wiring so that the switch downstairs controls both lights. A switch upstairs that controls both light. A second switch upstairs that controls only the upstairs light.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Yours truely,

Mr.Yuck

Vice President and client

You'll need to purchase a couple of "two way switches" to pull this off. Unlike a normal on/off switch that closes the circuit up when you flip it up (thus turning on the lights), and opens the circuit when you flip it down (thus turning them off) a two way switch is a little more complex.

A two way (AKA 3 way) switch has a common terminal, a line one, and a line two.

When you flip the switch one way, it closes the circuit between common and line 1, when you flip it the other way it opens up line 1, and closes the circuit between common, and line 2.

So you're not really opening and closing a single circuit like on a normal switch. Instead you're deciding if the hot is being sent out to line 1, or line 2 by flipping the switch.

1. Run your neutral directly to the light like you would normally.

2. Take the hot wire coming from your panel, and you put it in the common of one of the switches

3. Connect line 1 from your first switch, to line 2 of the second switch.

4. Connect line 2 from your first switch, to line 1 of your second switch.

5. Connect the common from the second switch to the light.

Had to edit for clarity.

Edited by Mercer
  • Props 5

40 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Nevermind. I think you explained it.

No, I mistakenly thought you were asking about two switches to operate one single light circuit. This time I actually read your question properly. Now we're getting complex.

1. Run your neutral directly to the light like you would normally.
  2. Take the hot wire coming from your panel, and you put it in the common of the downstairs switch
  3. Also run that same hot from the panel to the line 1 on your "upstairs only" switch
  4. Connect line 1 from your downstairs switch, to line 2 of the upstairs "all lights" switch.
  5. Connect line 2 from your downstairs switch, to line 1 of the upstairs "all lights" switch.
  6. Now connect the common from the upstairs "all lights" switch, to your downstairs lights
  7. Also connect that common to your 3rd "upstairs only" switch's line 2
  8. Now connect that 3rd "upstairs only's" common to the upstairs lights

Oof, it's been a while, and that might not work the way you want it to. That would make it so that you can turn on/off all the lights using the two "all lights" switches, but if you had that second light switch just for the upstairs lights flipped onto hot, you wouldn't be able to turn it off from downstairs. I honestly would need to draw a diagram to figure this out.

• Like 3

Word. I appreciate all your help @Mercer. I know it doesnt feel like it but Im trying to simplify what was there originally. There were an additional 3 lines that jumped off that upstairs hall light powering other stuff. Outlet circuits were mixed in with lighting circuits. The 40s was wildin.