This Old Trap House: Wonk Saggin Edition

mr.yuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
5 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Did you have to cup your nuts when you flushed so they didnt get tore off?

Lol, no but you certainly felt air pull thru when flushing. It wasn't vacuum pull but you could feel a breeze sorta.  So I think that backs up Dhabz claim to air or something. 

• LOL! 1

Bruh, I also read in books that if you empty the toilet out with a cup, it draws vacuum, and you can smoke at the toilet without setting off the smoke alarms.

Same book told me that you can get two pieces of pencil lead and stick them into the light socket ONE AT A TIME..... then put a piece of paper across them to short them.  They conduct so this will make enough fire inside jail to light your contraband cigarette your buddy snuck in in his b hole.

I'm sure I could look some more things up in this book if you guys are interested.

• LOL! 1

True.  Basically you twist toilet paper around the blade from a razor, and place the each lead stick from a pencil in each socket hole, drop the blade on the leads and the electricity will ignight the paper, now you have fire.  Theres a lot of stuff you can make with the most basic things in a jail. 

I learned a few things from a guy who we called McGiver.  This guy made all sorts of things from rope to weapons.  Hell, even spent an entire day pulling out all the stuffing a his matress to fluff it up again awhile making secret compartments to store contraband which I think that's how he made his money buy charging people to hold on to things for them. 

Anyhow, you can make some very nice twine with a waistband from underwear.  Which also can be used as the string for a bow, close line, tie down, or what ever you need twine for.  Toilet paper can make some pretty strong rope if twisted and braided right.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

Nice man. Youre about to get some new floors and some more shit. If any of these companies involved start talking in a direction you dont like or that seems wrong, DM me. 

Thanks man will do

So far the contractors have been legit. 
the insurance co have been jagoffs though

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

35 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@KILZ FILLZThis is what I do day in and day out. Was the guy that came and was under your sink with you from the insurance company or was he from a restoration company?

He was from the plumbing company I hired to do the leak detection. Flood mitigation folk are going to subcontract the demo, just waiting on the final asbestos and lead test results. Flood mitigation put me in contact with a restoration company that I am working with for a separate flood claim in the hallway bathroom... going to request that same restoration co and project Mgr get assigned to the kitchen flood claim. 

just bought this place in nov .... lol good times. 

• Truth 1

Good man. Keep these independent adjusters and in house insurance company claim adjusters away from you. They will try to get you to cash out for about 50% of what the job costs to fix, leaving the home owner on stuck. One of my buddies mom was going through this months ago. The insurance company cut her a check for 6000 and told her good luck. I told her to mail that shit back and tell them no thanks. I ended up getting her $20,000 for her repairs. She didnt even use me as her contractor. Fucking bitch.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 3

@mr.yuck that sounds pretty much exactly like what’s going on in my hallway bath. Fucker mailed me a check for $5200 to work out with my mortgage co before they even received an estimate from the restoration co. Project Mgr for restoration co submitted an estimate for $20k and insurance rejected it. 

should I mail back that $5200 check? I’m sitting on it for now until this kitchen issue is fleshed out

both claims will have some overlap because they involve the laminate flooring 

Yeah hang onto the check. Whats happening right now is the restoration company over scoped something and it could be as little as $20 to detach and reset your towel bars. The insurance companies are the fucking worst and they are the major hold up on your repairs. Dig in man. Shit can get fucked up and if they tear your house up, it could be months before anyone shows up to do repairs. 

• Props 1

3 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Yeah hang onto the check. Whats happening right now is the restoration company over scoped something and it could be as little as $20 to detach and reset your towel bars. The insurance companies are the fucking worst and they are the major hold up on your repairs. Dig in man. Shit can get fucked up and if they tear your house up, it could be months before anyone shows up to do repairs. 

The disparity is that the laminate floors run through out the whole home and all of it that was in the bathroom was water damaged and tossed. now neither the contractor or insurance can find a match (brilliant move by the flooring companies to change their product every few months). You said this is your day to day so I’m sure you know how the rest of this story goes. 

so I’m stuck between an insurance company who wants to pay the minimum and a contractor who wants the job to be the maximum. If I can get all new floors I’m fucking down with that but I would also be cool with getting tile in that bathroom and being done with it 

Now that the kitchen floors are fucked too, I’m gonna slow play the bathroom for a bit and see what happens. 

ideally - tile in bathroom, tile in kitchen, carpet in living room, leave existing laminate in bedrooms and closets. 

• Props 1