What Are You Listening To 2020: Decade of the Douchebag.

abrasivesaint

1 hour ago, +plus+ said:

These Jeezy beats are always so good. This one is more mellow but some of thsoe real "victorious" feeling. Very specific sound

It was a hell of a victorious time in that era before BMF went down I'm sure if you could a been a fly on the wall, some novel worthy tales could been told through jeezys bifocals.

I remember reading about a shootout in the streets of Atlanta he was involved in steming from the BMF shenanigans 

He was really putting out heat through those years.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The Death Pool goes on.  There's several that I just figured was already dead but some ghosts that released albums in 2023:

anti flag
iggy pop
ru paul
uriah heep
the smashing pumpkins
korn
pink
skrillex
godsmack
steel panther
genesis
pop evil
fall out boy
saxon
neil young and crazy horse
puscifer
mudhoney
la guns
metallica
pet shop boys
jethro tull
the damned
olivia newton john
therapy?
belinda carlisle
graham nash
paul simon
matchbox twenty
bob dylan
kenny rogers
the dead milkmen
johm melloncamp
the guess who
PIL
alice cooper
puddle of mudd
cannibal corpse
the bouncing souls
alabama 3
cher

18 minutes ago, +plus+ said:

Leon Bridges goes so hard. I remember when I worked in a smokeshop in 2015 his promo dude came in w hella matchbooks and flyers, we had heard of him but he was destined for big time.

I never heard of him before until the other day. I was telling my friend about him earlier and friend starting clowning me for being 7 years late to that jam. Better late than never.

When I signed on to this thread, 2 things.  1) I didn't realize how long a decade really takes and 2) I didn't expect to be alive either but here we are.

The hot 100 gave us  #1

II had FIDLAR on repeat

for 2024, first song I heard on purpose was 

and the first one that got my roomate to bitch.  I finally got a decent sub.

Hoping 2024 is a decent year in general and music in particular.

Edited by xen
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Normally I can't stand this type of shit.  Like I don't get Radiohead at all.  I couldn'timagine seeing them live or why OK Computer is cosidered a great album but for some reason I been listening Youth Lagoon, who I would put in the Radiohead genre.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all over the place and def not on some old man shit yet. Only band I've listened to for years in my recents is Fugazi. There's something in this playlist to probably piss off everyone in Channel zero.

1307351618_ScreenShot2024-02-11at12_19_29PM.thumb.png.aabfdeed0bde501c476e7600fe4fa841.png

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

I'm all over the place and def not on some old man shit yet. Only band I've listened to for years in my recents is Fugazi. There's something in this playlist to probably piss off everyone in Channel zero.

1307351618_ScreenShot2024-02-11at12_19_29PM.thumb.png.aabfdeed0bde501c476e7600fe4fa841.png

I see that Marty Robbins. You rockin Big Iron?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LUGR said:

I see that Marty Robbins. You rockin Big Iron?

Sure am, that album is ultra violent stories set to super peaceful music. Preferred version of Big Iron is the more recent Colter Wall cover of it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Sure am, that album is ultra violent stories set to super peaceful music. Preferred version of Big Iron is the more recent Colter Wall cover of it. 

Never heard the cover. I’ll have to check it out.

• Like 1