What Are You Listening To 2020: Decade of the Douchebag.

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Well if it wasn't obvious, my initials are MOB and this Black Sabbath album that has my Initials on it was made in my year of birth 1981.

So even though the "mobs" who prowl around Australia are what it spoken of in this song (locals know), it doesn't refer to Me, the one Man MOB.

With this said, I can't pick my favourite rendition of the song, as while the original shall always rule, given Dio and Lord Iommi, my other favourite rock vocalists' versions are just as good.

So which one does 12oz prefer?

15 hours ago, Mauler5150 said:

Well if it wasn't obvious, my initials are MOB and this Black Sabbath album that has my Initials on it was made in my year of birth 1981.

So even though the "mobs" who prowl around Australia are what it spoken of in this song (locals know), it doesn't refer to Me, the one Man MOB.

With this said, I can't pick my favourite rendition of the song, as while the original shall always rule, given Dio and Lord Iommi, my other favourite rock vocalists' versions are just as good.

So which one does 12oz prefer?

Going to be hard to beat an original, especially when it's Black Sabbath to start.  More of an Ozzy/Sabbath fan but Dio outdoes those other bands above without even having to listen.

5 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Going to be hard to beat an original, especially when it's Black Sabbath to start.  More of an Ozzy/Sabbath fan but Dio outdoes those other bands above without even having to listen.

I would encourage you to give a listen, and I'm more of an Ozzy fan myself, yet Jorn Lande and Russell Allen kill it on those versions, and given that Mike Portnoy is on the drums in AMOB this alone should make it worth your time.

Listening to this again, as the “Gentle”

version of this album is perhaps one of the most emotionally coolest pieces of music written.

Whilst the “Storm” version is more my steeze, the reinstrumentation ans contrast between the two versions really shows how much of a genius Mr L is.

And if your Mrs doesn’t appreciate the gentle version of “The Greatest Love” then she is dead inside and you best not breed with her.

• 2 weeks later...

some of it's corny but been playing this this afternoon while cleaning the house.

cannot believe it's been 20 years!

takes me back to having a discman and 5 punds of CD's in my backpack across Europe.

This was pretty big because it mentioned Bingo from sydney who got killed at 17 potentially depriving Sydney of a style master.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 3:07 AM, Mauler5150 said:

FUCK

I’ll try again

Still the greatest album Acronym ever

I give up.  What is it?

Video is unavailable. 

Suggested for you brings

1st try Monster Magnet -Space Lord

2nd try The Decline of Western Civilization Part II:  (The Metal Years)

(Part 3 has the best truth in 1 line:  "Every alcoholics dream is a solid shit")

3rd Motorhead - We could be heroes (David Bowie cover)

Not the same 5 youtube usually throws at me.Once in a while the algoritim is OK.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New DJ Shadow.  Album  drops Oct. 27. 

The video is cool as hell but I don't think dude should be driving.  That's not safe.

Caikornia decriminizes mushrooms.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherrington/2023/09/08/california-senate-passes-amended-psychedelics-legalization-bill/?sh=3e58f3817bb7

I don't believe in coincedence.

Edited by xen
  • Like 1

I have listened to these albums so many times lately as they are fucking epic.

While I have never played the video game these songs are the soundtrack to in League of Legends, I have no need given that I have the Devil's foot up My arse (along with the snakes, fishes, and whatever the fuck else is pumped into Me via "Youtube" and the social media I cinsume) such that I have his "Leg End" and as such I must be The Legend of All Legends?

• 2 weeks later...