What Are You Listening To 2020: Decade of the Douchebag.

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^^^lol.  i can see that.

Just about a year ago or so, Fguring out linux resulted in a few unrecoverable PEBUAK errors and a nut loose behind the keyboard, I wiped my music drive and had to start the hoard over.  By Python's math it's back to  2 weeks, 1 days, 21 hours, 33 minutes, 40 seconds untill a song repeats.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, xen said:

I wiped my music drive and had to start the hoard over.

It's crossed my mind a few times, having a private group for music.  I am sitting on about 250gb of music.  Stopped hoarding years ago so 250 can be laughable to some.  But any how it would be cool to upload all my files on the 12 for users to stream.  I just get the feeling it may put 12oz at risk.

• Like 1

It wasn't on purpose.  That's my well organized, tagged, lyrics, art in order.  The public side of the house.  Thee basement , I probably have abot 450 albums to sort.

I've thought about tightening up my madsonic and posting a link.  On the server, it's a dump  truck of digital media, no rhyme or reason to anything.

Server still has 525 GB and without trying could clear another 100GB.  I might work on that.  

• Props 1

This might be an unpopular opinion but I much prefer rap/hip hop to be recorded and not experienced live. Could be the audio nerd in me speaking but the entire genre is based on studio mixing and layering. It doesn’t translate well live. I’ve been to a fair share of hip hop shows, but it was more of a reason to get high and be in the element rather than the actual show.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

6 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but I much prefer rap/hip hop to be recorded and not experienced live. Could be the audio nerd in me speaking but the entire genre is based on studio mixing and layering. It doesn’t translate well live. I’ve been to a fair share of hip hop shows, but it was more of a reason to get high and be in the element rather than the actual show.

Paying hundreds of dollars to see someone horribly lip sing their own songs? Yeah, I'm in that boat too. A lot of rappers yell instead of being on key, and I'm like, dude you have a microphone.

Ice cube, alone, I feel he is going to do this and kill any high. I normally don't go to rap joints for all those reasons and yours as well. Invitation events I still put into consideration,  not take a free ticket at first.

If I do go, its because I like their work and my way to support the person, example would be Juicy J. Juicy J has DJ experience,  so he knows how to keep the party hype going. Throughout his whole show,  none stop bangers and great at interacting with people.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

been getting back into that weird scifi disco era .

the third video i posted the wrong one from the idm subreddit.

finally got around to looking at the music thread in the other forum i lurk and post in sometimes .. their version of ch0/lounge is kinda ....uh still better than bombing science oddly 

https://audiosex.pro/threads/what-are-you-listening-to-now.10042/

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, MOOGLE? said:

been getting back into that weird scifi disco era .

the third video i posted the wrong one from the idm subreddit.

finally got around to looking at the music thread in the other forum i lurk and post in sometimes .. their version of ch0/lounge is kinda ....uh still better than bombing science oddly 

https://audiosex.pro/threads/what-are-you-listening-to-now.10042/

Im digging the space age disco pimpin. I have never really heard any before but jumped on this after I listened to the second jam you posted. I’m sure you are familiar with him. Shits dope!