Best shit to watch on streaming services - 2020 edition!

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I havent kept up with this thread so no idea if its been mentioned, but I was recently turned onto A Handmaids Tale on Hulu.

I recall seeing ads for it but somehow thought it was some medieval GOT type show, but its actually a very credible (especially now) post-apocalyptic drama. Basic premise is that females start going sterile after all the ways we've corrupted the world through pollution, food, etc. World sort of resembles the actual real world where everything is polarized and extreme. Then a lady start a movement to return to a more wholesome, religion based society in an attempt to turn humanity around and it eventually sparks a revolution that takes over the USA politically and socially. Anyhow, its pretty bananas... Awesome acting, super heavy themes and about as graphic a show as I've watched anywhere. Really good.

Based on a book - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handmaid's_Tale

Link: https://www.hulu.com/series/the-handmaids-tale-565d8976-9d26-4e63-866c-40f8a137ce5f

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

2 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Same, watching Tiger King as well.  @Drue_Down@where@NightmareOnElmStreet

After the 3 episodes I've watched my gf and I have determined that all of them are crazy.  The people from each different group.... crazy in their own special way.

100%....I asked my old lady this important question though...Is Joe a tragedy or a villain??

21 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

that tiger king show, holy shit. Looks like all those dudes doing meth and giving each other tattoos

They mentioned a few times that everyone except Carole and her husband were basically high af on cocaine and meth most of the time.

On 3/25/2020 at 12:17 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

100%....I asked my old lady this important question though...Is Joe a tragedy or a villain??

My opinion is that he's just a mess.  He's got way too much ego.  I believe he loved the animals at one point but they kind of explain what happened with him on the last episode.

I still think Carole is bat shit crazy though.  The guys that ended up helping the feds just had the "I'm a narc" look to them.

On 3/26/2020 at 2:51 AM, misteraven said:

I havent kept up with this thread so no idea if its been mentioned, but I was recently turned onto A Handmaids Tale on Hulu.

I recall seeing ads for it but somehow thought it was some medieval GOT type show, but its actually a very credible (especially now) post-apocalyptic drama. Basic premise is that females start going sterile after all the ways we've corrupted the world through pollution, food, etc. World sort of resembles the actual real world where everything is polarized and extreme. Then a lady start a movement to return to a more wholesome, religion based society in an attempt to turn humanity around and it eventually sparks a revolution that takes over the USA politically and socially. Anyhow, its pretty bananas... Awesome acting, super heavy themes and about as graphic a show as I've watched anywhere. Really good.

Based on a book - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handmaid's_Tale

Link: https://www.hulu.com/series/the-handmaids-tale-565d8976-9d26-4e63-866c-40f8a137ce5f

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

always been curious on this one.

My. mum was a huge fan of margaret Atwood's novel and it was always in her "go to " bookshelf

Archived