Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So, I just got my 4th RRoD. That means that if I get a new Xbox it'll be my 5th console. Fuck that shit.

Seconds upon tweeting my visible upsetness, I got bombarded by people/robots linking me to sites that claim to show you how to fix this. Some of them did not look as sketchy as expected. Of course, they're all asking for money.

Is there actually a way to get in there and fix a common problem, as promised by these guides? If so, how do I find out the info for free?

• 3 weeks later...

You been getting the same Xbox Model? Maybe if you get the new xbox model, you wont have a problem? Havent seen the RRoD on the new ones........yet

"It has a number of notable improvements over the old brick, including: shiny blackness, a 250GB drive, built-in Wi-Fi, a quieter fan and a custom Kinect port for new motion controller. All for the same price as before ($299)! Did I mention no more red ring of death?"

-Geekologie

You been getting the same Xbox Model? Maybe if you get the new xbox model, you wont have a problem? Havent seen the RRoD on the new ones........yet

"It has a number of notable improvements over the old brick, including: shiny blackness, a 250GB drive, built-in Wi-Fi, a quieter fan and a custom Kinect port for new motion controller. All for the same price as before ($299)! Did I mention no more red ring of death?"

-Geekologie

They moved all the pieces so the parts that would overheat and cause RROD are no longer any close to each other.

I've had mine since it came out and no RROD.

Will do.

Any good racing game people out there?

I need someone to play Forza 3, or GT5 (when i get it)with no homo.

GT5 is great, but the online is just for fun, really. It's not that intriguing. The game itself demolishes Forza by a long shot, though.

I think I already tried to add you to psn but I might have gotten the name wrong.

After unplugging and replugging everything, pointlessly rearranging things, and praying to baby jesus, I no longer get a RRoD. It is, however, freezing up randomly. The only time I hasn't frozen up is when I only had HDMI running out. Problem is I have a computer monitor, so I only get video from the HDMI, and so I still need to use the RCA stereo cables on the tri-cable thingie (which I modified a long time ago to be able to plug in both that and the HDMI) to get sound out. As soon as I plugged those back in after a solid amount of soundless play, it froze.

Still holding out a bit for magical recovery.

Yea like I said I'm over the whole zombie thing, but the trailer still rocks.

The premise is promising though. From wikipedia:

"It is an open-ended game, centered on the challenge of survival on a zombie-infested island. The game uses a first-person perspective. However, the developers are claiming that the game will be far beyond a typical first-person shooter experience, mainly due to a bigger emphasis on melee combat, role-playing elements and a clear focus on story-telling. IGN has revealed the game is still in development"

Survival GTA RPG with an emphasis on character and story could be a hit.

GT5 is great, but the online is just for fun, really. It's not that intriguing. The game itself demolishes Forza by a long shot, though.

I think I already tried to add you to psn but I might have gotten the name wrong.

There are some things FM3 blow out GT5 by as well such as Customization, Tuning, liveries, and its generally more fun. All the cars look good and theres no drop off.

GT5 has better graphics for certain cars and tracks, more cars, more realistic.

But sometimes being 100% real is boring

There are some things FM3 blow out GT5 by as well such as Customization, Tuning, liveries, and its generally more fun. All the cars look good and theres no drop off.

GT5 has better graphics for certain cars and tracks, more cars, more realistic.

But sometimes being 100% real is boring

Didn't play that much of 3 but I played a LOT of FM2.

I'm a guy who absolutely loves arcade racers such as Blur, Split/Second, NFS, and I would trade them all in for GT5. I think realism adds even more excitement.

That Dead Island trailer is very good. Who makes it? I didn't catch that.