Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I played some hardcore search today, finally. Was a little rusty, but did pretty decent. Thing is, I was bored. I await the new maps with great fervour, and by then I will have beat LA Noire.

My buddy is being stingy and won't lend me Portal 2 so I am considering buying it soon. I loved the first one and I know this one is insane. We'll probably do splitscreen co-op first.

Thinking of buying a next gen console.

Which ones better? Ps3/Xbox?

Bear in mind I've never had experience with an xbox controller before + I don't like first person shooters.

Looking for arcade games and lots of light amusing shit, get an xbox.

Looking for single player RPG or racers, get a ps3.

It all really boils down to what your interests are. Xbox gets a lot of DLC early, as well as its endless list of community games and arcade games. And ps3 is a bit more powerful for full titles and long single player expiriences. You can get custom controllers for either console to fit whatever style of controller you like best. ps3 is probably cheaper to stay entertained as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i'm not into la noire as much as i thought i would have been. it isn't that the story isn't interesting, or that I don't like the mechanics, over all it's pretty fun. it's more about the limit of 3 choices of responses when in questioning.

for instance, in the case where the 15 year old was raped, she said she didn't remember what happened and when i selected truth phelps says "listen, i know it's hard, but we can't help you if you don't tell us what happened". that sounds a lot more like doubt to me. rockstar should have offered a preview of what would be said instead of truth/doubt/lie, because human emotion and communication is way too complex for these 3 words to cover the sort of response that is required in these sorts of situations.

maybe they'll make another one in the series and fix this problem.