med help.

twinky the kid

so i just started taking lexapro and ativan for my depression/anxiety/various other related problems.

just wondering if i should expect anythin in advance?

any one on here taken/take them?

any advice or warnings?

how long did it take for them to start working for you, etc...

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL I WANTED WAS A PEPSI!

I believe the combination of the 2 causes hairy breasts.

As someone said, ask your doc, and then take his advice w/ a grain of salt. The med game is a crapshoot as people will react differently to shit and experience differing side effects. Make sure you give an adjustment period because some side effects disappear once your body adjusts, but any serious shit report ASAP.

I'm not crazy

you're the one that's crazy

you're driving me crazy

this could go 2 ways.

I'm not crazy

INSTITUTION

INSTITUTION

you're driving me crazy

INSTITUTION

or

I'm not crazy

you got a dart in your neck

no way man you got a dart in your neck

you're driving me crazy

i love you man.

SSRI's: liquid poo, possible tongue swelling (if this happens, ween yourself off immediately),

etc.

Lexapro side effects

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: skin rash or hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Call your doctor at once if you have any new or worsening symptoms such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.

Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

very stiff (rigid) muscles, high fever, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, overactive reflexes;

nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, feeling unsteady, loss of coordination; or

headache, trouble concentrating, memory problems, weakness, confusion, hallucinations, fainting, seizure, shallow breathing or breathing that stops.

Less serious Lexapro side effects may include:

drowsiness, dizziness;

sleep problems (insomnia);

mild nausea, gas, heartburn, upset stomach, constipation;

weight changes;

decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm; or

dry mouth, yawning, ringing in your ears.

This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.

See also: Lexapro side effects in more detail

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/lexapro.html#ixzz0pkVkSHrx

Ativan:

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

confusion, depressed mood, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;

hyperactivity, agitation, hostility;

hallucinations; or

feeling light-headed, fainting.

Less serious side effects may include:

drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness;

blurred vision;

sleep problems (insomnia);

muscle weakness, lack of balance or coordination;

amnesia or forgetfulness, trouble concentrating;

nausea, vomiting, constipation;

appetite changes; or

skin rash.

This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.

See also: Ativan side effects in more detail

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/ativan.html#ixzz0pkVx4HrU

i was on some shit when i was in high school. a combination of 2, i remember 1 but not the other.

basically i felt myself getting addicted to the one i cant remember, and i only had 5 left so i decided to do it big, finished them off then never went in for my re-up.

it made me have nearly no sex drive (and i was in highschool at the time)

that's all i remember.

You all are trippin. Ativan is sweet, as are most benzo's. Sex drive might be a problem. Drinking on them can get hectic, I'd be carefull with that though it never scared me away. They might make you sleepy and they might cause memory loss. If you don't like them, they do have some value on the street.

so i just started taking lexapro and ativan for my depression/anxiety/various other related problems.

just wondering if i should expect anythin in advance?

any one on here taken/take them?

any advice or warnings?

how long did it take for them to start working for you, etc...

im currently taking zoloft ativan and xanax

okay so i have no clue about lexapro never took it but ativan is probably the best drug ive taken for anxiety.it takes about 30 minutes to an hour to kick in more or less.depending on how much your taking it will either just make you really calm and relaxed like in my case(i take about a milligram or so) or it will straight knock you the fuck out and put you to bed (2 to 3 mill) in the beginning your gonna have a hard time getting words right they will be mixed up and slurred your gonna have a hard time drawing or sketching which if your into that kinda thing sucks but that usually goes away after a few weeks.the biggest thing is the drowsiness.its not super bad but it makes you feel like if you laid down you could fall asleep pretty easily.it also lasts for most of the day.i know you like to drink and id just like to say WHATEVER YOU DO DONT DRINK WITH IT.even a little bit will fuck you up.trust me on this.

another thing to note is to not take it everyday but just when you are having a panick attack and whatnot.if you take it everyday your gonna start having to up the prescription and thats not good.plus if you take them for a long time and then just stop cold turkey you run the risks of having seizures which could be life threatening.

more or less htough my experience with them has been really good.they work great for anxiety and if you take them with like 2 benydryl or someshit it will make you go to sleep real quick.good stuff.i should mention though that you have very vivid dreams on ativan and xanax.not necessarily nightmares but just very weird and surreal dreams.very lifelike.so that might be a good or bad thing for you depending on if you have alot of nightmares or not.some people say it gives them nightmares but in my case its been more lucid dreaming than anything else.

hope that helps and hope you get better.panic disorder is a bitch.trust me.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to lord_casek again.

thanks duder.

and yeah im already experiencing drowsiness and sligthly blurred vision.

im only going to be taking these for a month to see how it works out for me.

hopefully i make it eh.

the weight gaining side effect bummed me out so ill prolly start exercising more now.