The Departed

CityonSMASH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha so true.

I myself have an older (personal relation) who swears he rode into town with whitey, more than once, in cop cars loaded with coke / heroin.

Dude is almost personally responsible for making southie a shithole.

An uncle of mine was visiting me in Venice and the guy driving our water taxi basically says who are you where are you from. My uncle wittily responds, "I'm Whitey Bulger and I'm from Boston."

Anyway a month later there were Whitey spotings in Italy. My uncles at home laughing his ass off because he thinks he caused it. I've heard him tell the story ten thousand times, each time more embellished. He fucking loves it. Mind you this is also the uncle that everyone has with the "Scuba tank full of coke and an axe handle" stories.

Departed isn't really based on him at all. Him and Jack Nicholson's character have like 4 or 5 similarities, and I'm sure they had Whitey in mind when creating the character, but it's not even close to based on his life.

It's just insane to me that there are people who have never heard of Whitey Bulger. Granted, I'm from the Northeast so it's close to home for me, but dude is EASILY one of the most famous mobsters of all time

Departed isn't really based on him at all. Him and Jack Nicholson's character have like 4 or 5 similarities, and I'm sure they had Whitey in mind when creating the character, but it's not even close to based on his life.

It's just insane to me that there are people who have never heard of Whitey Bulger. Granted, I'm from the Northeast so it's close to home for me, but dude is EASILY one of the most famous mobsters of all time

Never heard of the dude either.

yeah, you guys have most of the mobsters out there, and we have the serial killers out here.

i think Sacramento alone had 4 or 5 serial killers

i know of dorthea puente, the thrill killer (eric leonard), and the vampire killer (richard chase)....there are a couple more i think.

fuck canada!

Hey guys so this movie Scarface starring Paul Muni is

scarface1932ib4.jpg

677443hhs3.jpg

loosely based on this guy Al Capone.

Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone (January 17, 1899 – January 25, 1947) was an American gangster who led a crime syndicate dedicated to smuggling and bootlegging of liquor and other illegal activities during the Prohibition Era of the 1920s and 1930s. His crew were responsible for the St. Valentines Day Massacre. Dude was a straight gangster.

Fucking canadians are so fuckin slow.