Find results in...
CityonSMASH

The Departed

so this movie:

The_Departed_2006_Leonardo_DiCaprio.jpg

was based on & written about this guy:

head.gif

as4.jpg

whos some gangster assed mutherfucker from boston stemming back to the 70's. heavy drug dealer. heavy gangland organized crime boss.

wanted on 19 murder beefs. himself, personally. with a badass fucking wikipedia write up, huge. link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_J._Bulger

is believed to be up here in B.C. in Vancouver or Victoria. dude aint no joke, FBI got a $2 MILLIONdollar reward dancing over his head.

the guy is interesting. perhaps not as much as coltan or the more recent guy up here but interesting none the less. dudes heavily smarted and reads/hangs out in bookstores, ha. story:

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Book+loving+fugitive+Victoria/2926812/story.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3a+canwest%2fF6957+(Vancouver+Sun+-+News+%2f+BC+Region)

20/04/2010 6:28:00 AM

THE CANADIAN PRESS

VICTORIA, B.C. - Victoria residents who enjoy a good murder mystery might want to head to their nearest bookstore, where instead of reading they can help the FBI solve one of its most high-profile cases.

At least two bookstores in the Vancouver Island city have been asked to keep an eye out for fugitive James J. Bulger, the man believed to have inspired Jack Nicholson's character in the film "The Departed." The 80-year-old Bulger is one of the FBI's ten most wanted and is alleged to have played a role in 19 murders while he led a Boston-area organized crime group.

Bulger has been on the run for 15 years and is described as an "avid reader," but the FBI hasn't publicly disclosed why it's warned B.C. bookstores to watch out for him. The bureau does say Bulger's known to frequent libraries and historic sites and maintains his physical fitness by walking on beaches and in parks with his female companion.

Bulger is between 5 foot 7 and 5 foot 9, weighs 150 to 160 pounds, has a medium build, white hair, and blue eyes. He's also wanted on racketeering, extortion, narcotics and money laundering charges.

He's known to use several aliases, including Thomas F. Baxter, Mark Shapeton, Jimmy Bulger and "Whitey." He's travelled extensively throughout the United States, Europe, Canada and Mexico and is known to alter his appearance by using disguises.

The FBI says he should be considered armed and dangerous because he carries a knife at all times and has a violent temper. His female companion, Catherine Elizabeth Greig, is wanted for harbouring a federal fugitive.

The FBI is offering a $2 million reward for information leading directly to Bulger's arrest.

I wonder if they would pay you that $2mill all up front, and if it gets taxed since its coming from the government?

Also, would they provide people with that witness protection b/s?

Seems like a guy that could definitely have someone killed if he wanted it to happen.

• Like 1

i remember reading about this dude in like 2002 when i first heard about the the FBI's most wanted website

and can i just say he sounds like an absolute pussy

Nicholson's character was loosely based on Whitey, yes. The FBI has offered the reward but they don't want him found. He was working for the Feds when he killed a lot of those people and he could implicate quite a few agents, at least one of which was already convicted of shit.

Nicholson's character was loosely based on Whitey, yes. The FBI has offered the reward but they don't want him found. He was working for the Feds when he killed a lot of those people and he could implicate quite a few agents, at least one of which was already convicted of shit.

It's against the law to shit??!

Have you ever met a white person from Boston? Everyone claims to have an uncle that worked for him, knew him, or has an aunt that blew him. He's spotted every couple of months and he makes the nightly news here, but thats been going on for as long as I can remember.

Nicholson's character in The Departed doesn't have a a brother in public office and he doesn't play the FBI for fools. The only thing Whitey and Nicholson have in common is that they are old white guys involved in organized crime. So "Based on," is used rather liberally.

• Like 1

He was working for the Feds when he killed a lot of those people and he could implicate quite a few agents, at least one of which was already convicted of shit.

Which is why he'll never be caught.

Dude was also an informant.

And he liked to fuck young girls.

I read a book about him...

Imo snitches and child rapist are low lifes.

i went through a spree where i read a lot of books from his dudes that worked with him, pat nee, kevin weeks, john shea ect.. and most of them deny that he was a child fucker, and that he just like real young girls.. 18,19 or so and that those rumors started around when people started catching on he was turning people over.

edit: i've even heard fools say shit like "yo my dad used to see this guy on the street all the time"

oh word? they musta been boys then...

Scan0044.jpg.280f37af37ec5bb838f6a9c0f6870e6d.jpg

wait....so he was a mobster?

Pretty sure any respectable mobster don't snitch...or fuck 13 and 14 year olds, just sayin...

And if what boston is saying is true, which i could see...cool, he is not a child fucker, but for sure a snitch.

Regardless though, dude is pretty badass.

if you guys havent read any of those books, they're good reads. start with these.. you can find some others too.

written by kevin weeks.. good stuff..

x18341.jpg

moreso about south boston criminal life

patnee.jpg

written by the youngest member of whiteys crew, and the only one out of 50 or so people arreseted who didnt snitch on anyone.

shea_rat.jpg

covers the FBI-bulger connection

Black-Mass-279665.jpg

Have you ever met a white person from Boston? Everyone claims to have an uncle that worked for him, knew him, or has an aunt that blew him. He's spotted every couple of months and he makes the nightly news here, but thats been going on for as long as I can remember.

Haha so true.

I myself have an older (personal relation) who swears he rode into town with whitey, more than once, in cop cars loaded with coke / heroin.

Dude is almost personally responsible for making southie a shithole.

Those books like interesting, I really liked the movie The Departed even though the first time I watched it I was confused as hell.

Not old news. Maybe to weiner eaters around fenway but to most others its interesting. Especially seeing as its another strange story of top criminals lurking the northwest.

And to homie that said they sont wanna catch him, you should turn on the news and open up a newspaper up here.

FBI's all over it.

And for 20 mill I am to :)

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now