Recent Pickups/ Purchases/ Gifts/ Aquisitions Megathread

CLICKCLACKONER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, morton said:

Yes, I dunno, everyone out here wears Costas but I wanted to be different. 

I just switched to Maui Jim after years of only wearing Costa. I have the Maui Jim World Cups and really like them. Lenses seem clearer than Costa and they don’t stretch out if you wear them on top of your head with the hinge system they use. Fit my nose perfect, no gap, no slide down. Have to wait and see how they hold up over time. They seem like the screws may loosen up though, which I never had happen with my Costa glasses.

I assume you moved? I can’t picture where I believe you lived to have Costa or Maui Jim be common?

• 1 month later...

Sometimes you just gotta pull it.. I got this super dope reptar shirt from rue 21 out of all places a while ago.. my girl dragged me to the mall and when we went in I seen it right away.. basically looks like an iron maiden album cover but with reptar on it fucking buildings up and his name in the iron maiden font.. I just HAD to...

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Bought a suit last week in preperation for attending some weddings, events, and nights out in the near future. Started my tie collection off with a BAPE bowtie i've wanted for a few years now and it just arrived.

IMG_3863.jpeg

• Like 4

On 6/14/2022 at 7:47 PM, LUGR said:

I just switched to Maui Jim after years of only wearing Costa. I have the Maui Jim World Cups and really like them. Lenses seem clearer than Costa and they don’t stretch out if you wear them on top of your head with the hinge system they use. Fit my nose perfect, no gap, no slide down. Have to wait and see how they hold up over time. They seem like the screws may loosen up though, which I never had happen with my Costa glasses.

I assume you moved? I can’t picture where I believe you lived to have Costa or Maui Jim be common?

Update on my Maui Jim’s. After about a year of wearing them daily I wasn’t paying attention (reading a text msg), had glasses on top of head/hat at a big boat marina and walked into one of the hooks you hang your fish to get a picture. Smashed right through one of the lenses, thankfully I didn’t impale myself. I was pretty bummed, but I sent them back for repairs. Payed $90 and they sent me a brand new pair that actually fit better. Was able to talk to the dude on the phone who was doing the repairs. I think 9/10 they probably just send you a new pair. During that time waiting for them to be returned, I switched back to a pair of Costas and have been rocking them ever since. Use the Maui’s strictly for boat fishing now.

• Props 1

3 hours ago, LUGR said:

Update on my Maui Jim’s. After about a year of wearing them daily I wasn’t paying attention (reading a text msg), had glasses on top of head/hat at a big boat marina and walked into one of the hooks you hang your fish to get a picture. Smashed right through one of the lenses, thankfully I didn’t impale myself. I was pretty bummed, but I sent them back for repairs. Payed $90 and they sent me a brand new pair that actually fit better. Was able to talk to the dude on the phone who was doing the repairs. I think 9/10 they probably just send you a new pair. During that time waiting for them to be returned, I switched back to a pair of Costas and have been rocking them ever since. Use the Maui’s strictly for boat fishing now.

At least they understand customer support and actually care.  90 bucks isn't bad for a new pair + shipping.  

I purchased some Pesacdor https://www.costadelmar.com/en-us/sunglasses/6S9029-97963782470 prescription.  I like them, specially the side shields.  They take a getting used to, specially wearing while driving - you gotta do full head turns one or twice to make sure before an execution.

The con about them is the side shield material is not made for chlorinated water - begin to break apart at the bindings.   

4 hours ago, ndv said:

At least they understand customer support and actually care.  90 bucks isn't bad for a new pair + shipping.  

I purchased some Pesacdor https://www.costadelmar.com/en-us/sunglasses/6S9029-97963782470 prescription.  I like them, specially the side shields.  They take a getting used to, specially wearing while driving - you gotta do full head turns one or twice to make sure before an execution.

The con about them is the side shield material is not made for chlorinated water - begin to break apart at the bindings.   

Yeah, was impressed and didn’t mind paying $90 for a brand new pair that fit better after rockin the last pair for a year.

Costa has good customer service too. I had a pair of old ones that I snapped the arm off and they replaced them for free with upgraded quality lenses. I was surprised.

dude, they are sunglasses, not swim goggles take them off when you go under water.

What do you mean by side shield? That little metal insert?

Costas are great but they are notorious for the rubber and shit to all wear out and fall apart.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LUGR said:

What do you mean by side shield? That little metal insert?

The black peices you see located at the temples.  Think of ski/mountaineering sun blockers. 

17121774105731141501241186595496.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ndv said:

The black peices you see located at the temples.  Think of ski/mountaineering sun blockers. 

17121774105731141501241186595496.jpg

Ohhh, yeah got it. Didn’t see that on the link you sent.

1 minute ago, LUGR said:

Ohhh, yeah got it. Didn’t see that on the link you sent.

Yeah. They don't show em on their site but the Pescador come with the side shields.