Douchebag mayor signs mandatory composting law

lord_casek

Fascism?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom today signed the nation's first mandatory composting policy into law. The ambitious rule will help the city achieve what are arguably the most aggressive organics waste targets in the U.S.

http://www.celsias.com/article/san-francisco-newsom-ushers-organic-composting-law/

http://www.inhabitat.com/2009/06/24/san-francisco-mandates-recycling-composting/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

toronto been doing this for a while. it costs, but it's a good thing.

toronto has a large amount of gays, too. strange, seeing how they can't reproduce.

yeah, i agree. it is good. know what's better? freedom to choose whether to do this or not.

i recycle by choice, btw.

Guest 50million

*quick compost usually turns into soil within 30-90 days. then, SF will be able to sell it back to farmers, city parks and/or gardens.

it kinda sucks that they HAVE to, but it will save a lot of energy/money/landfill space.

*quick compost usually turns into soil within 30-90 days. then, SF will be able to sell it back to farmers, city parks and/or gardens.

it kinda sucks that they HAVE to, but it will save a lot of energy/money/landfill space.

talking about using earthworms in your compost heap?

still, this is the u.s., we have freedoms. this is abuse.

perhaps incentives would work better? knocking off some

money on a bill or something might be a good idea.

this is just fascism.

talking about using earthworms in your compost heap?

still, this is the u.s., we have freedoms. this is abuse.

perhaps incentives would work better? knocking off some

money on a bill or something might be a good idea.

this is just fascism.

OMG OH NOES, FASCISM TO HELP THE PLANET

START GOOSE STEPPING AROUND AND BURNING BOOKS!!!

Old news. He's making a push for reelection. All it's doing is making you sort your garbage. And if it works there will be no more need for landfills. This is good money-wise and for the environment. Americans should care more about where the food/shit they buy comes from and where it ends up.

"still, this is the u.s., we have freedoms. this is abuse."

Abuse? Really? I can't see how this is abuse. Is asking you to wash your underwear abuse? No, it's not the same subject at all but it's something that is easy to do and good for you. Kinda like composting.

I'm truly amazed at how many people do not recycle. Even when the tools are there right in front of them they still throw paper, plastic, aluminum/tin into the garbage. I can't wrap my brain around it. I feel like even to this day we, in the US, we are still ten years behind everyone else when it comes to doing what's right. All because of freedom. Everyone is fucking whacked out over freedom in this country. And it's absolutely silly. This subject alone illustrates my point. People getting pissy because they have to compost? Awwww... boo hoo. I don't see anyone getting pissy because they have to flush the toilet after they take a shit.

"still, this is the u.s., we have freedoms. this is abuse."

Abuse? Really? I can't see how this is abuse. Is asking you to wash your underwear abuse? No, it's not the same subject at all but it's something that is easy to do and good for you. Kinda like composting.

I'm truly amazed at how many people do not recycle. Even when the tools are there right in front of them they still throw paper, plastic, aluminum/tin into the garbage. I can't wrap my brain around it. I feel like even to this day we, in the US, we are still ten years behind everyone else when it comes to doing what's right. All because of freedom. Everyone is fucking whacked out over freedom in this country. And it's absolutely silly. This subject alone illustrates my point. People getting pissy because they have to compost? Awwww... boo hoo. I don't see anyone getting pissy because they have to flush the toilet after they take a shit.

asking me to wash my underwear is fine. i can choose whether or not i want to.

telling me is bullshit. i don't like mandates to do something.

who said i don't recycle? i do, BY MY OWN CHOICE.

if you read the article, a business has to have 1 square yard of compost per week. what if the business doesn't have enough compostable trash for one week? fines? is that fair?

are they supposed to borrow some refuse from another business to meet a quota?

bullshit.

helping the environment and not shitting where you eat is fine by me, as long as i'm not told i have to or face fines.

that is fascist.

i was gonna say the same thing, joker.

you guys been eating too much freedom fries.

btw, if i was leader of the world, people who choose not to recycle or wash their underwear would be getting the deathcamp treatment.

freedom is what's holding you back.

this is fucking awesome, and if every city had this, america would be a much better place.

americans are lazy pieces of shit who need to be mandated into doing the right thing. dont blame the politicians, blame the dumbasses who dont see why this is important.