iPhone Applications & Discussion Thread

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the Apple website has a lot of discussion going on about the update for the iPhone 3G and 3Gs. There's a lot of folks either losing all their data or it's taking hours up hours to update and then some of their contacts are gone and some of their apps are gone.

If you're hoping to update... do yourself a favor and hold out for a bit till Apple works out the bugs, or till their servers aren't overloaded with folks updating.

Fan boydom is out of control, I'm on a balcony overlooking the line at the apple store.

These kids (thousands) must have gotten here yesterday.

The rate the line is moving, the people towards the back should get one in about 12 hours.

The worst are the fan boys who preordered for store pickup, then stood in line for 6 hours.

Did I mention it is 100+ in Arizona?

Anyway, I'm going to head home, sit in the AC and wait for fedex to drop off my phone today.

Suckers.

Acquire metal rimmed iPhone 4

Disregard signal

Seriously, the reports are true, when you hold the phone, the signal bars go away.

Awesome testing before release Apple, perhaps if the hipster didn't leave his in a bar, you could have found this out a while ago.

Real Smooth.

Hopefully a rubber casing will prevent this or I'm going to return mine.

wow i waited in line 5 minutes thanks to a reservation. the other side of the line was like 300 people where i went. i was in at like 10am. they said at 7 am it was a total madhouse. fuckin weirdos.

pretty snappy phone though, i haven't really experienced the signal bar loss thing. but either way, a bumper case will prevent that from happening.

Ay so does the multi-tasking/Wallpaper App screens work on the 3G? I cant seem to find it. Deleted all my numbers too, but thats why I have a backup cricket phone:D

if not, can you jailbreak? Anyone have a reliable jailbreak for it.

iMad

You can back up all your contacts using iTunes sync contacts.

The multitasking/wallpaper functions isn't an app. It's built into iOS4

You should update your itunes to the latest version then download iOS4 and install it on your 3G and 3GS

Ay so does the multi-tasking/Wallpaper App screens work on the 3G? I cant seem to find it. Deleted all my numbers too, but thats why I have a backup cricket phone:D

if not, can you jailbreak? Anyone have a reliable jailbreak for it.

iMad

No multi-tasking on the 3G. Most jail breaks will let you use the App screen wallpapers, not too sure about the multi-tasking though.

Archived