What's The Last Movie You Saw: The Sequel

shaolinmasta

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
5 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

@DETO you do one of those Cinemark monthly clubs or what - hella at the movies bro. 

Im jelly. 

I used to be part of movie club the first time it was around but my little independent theater doesn’t do anything like that. 

• Like 1

Watched Poor Things at the theater after work. 7/10. The first act is slow, but once Marc Ruffalo shows up it’s picks up pace and is funny, strange, Somewhat heart felt. Emma Stone was phenomenal. 

After dinner, with my daughter at her friends and my son at a basketball with friends we watch Saltburn on Amazon. It was a lot better than I was anticipating. Not as over the top as I’ve heard/read. 7.5/10

On 1/14/2024 at 10:58 PM, DETO said:

Got home from watch the beekeeper with my son and my wife and daughter asked if we wanted to go with them to a friends house, neither of us did so we went back to the theater to make today a double feature day. We watch Night Swim. 0/10. Quite possibly the worst movie I’ve ever seen. 

IMG_4994.jpeg

Couldn’t agree more. Randomly saw that in theaters the other day and was hella umad after. I can’t believe this shit was in actual box offices and not straight to fucking Tubi or some shit. 

• Truth 1

Watched Argylle with my son today. So bad it was entertaining. 6/10. 

watched the new Mean Girls musical last night with my daughter. It was better than I was anticipating. Not nearly as good as the OG. 7/10

IMG_5334.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Yo @mortonwhat is your viewing setup like fam? I consider myself to be quite the film buff, all inclusive especially with some of the old films, but that mostly stopped after film school for me outside of the better known classics. I can’t watch shit like that outside of a large scale setup with all the food sound connected these days. 

Usually watch movies my wife recorded on TCM, also Hoopla is a good free resource for classic film.

She is the bigger buff like listening to podcasts and reading books and biographies and the like. 

It took a while but now I like the older stuff better, most of the time. It also really grows your options. 

As far as TV, I duno TCL of some size that seemed ridiculous at the time of purchase but now I could see going bigger. I could also see going higher quality but whatever.

popcorn is a nice treat I like the rancho gordo offering and donated my air popper after getting in to making stovetop.

17 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Yo @mortonwhat is your viewing setup like fam? I consider myself to be quite the film buff, all inclusive especially with some of the old films, but that mostly stopped after film school for me outside of the better known classics. I can’t watch shit like that outside of a large scale setup with all the food sound connected these days. 

• Like 1