The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last night at the bar (in the bottles too):

70647.jpg

I love this beer. Its a 70/30 split between a rodenbach yeast and a lambic. Light and sour yet full in its taste. Try this if you haven't. Please. 7% by volume I think. Either that or 6.5%.

2260358168_bbc0d04c0b.jpg

This beer was new to me. Was pretty interesting. It is called an imperial tripel, but that seems to be more of a marketing tactic as this beer is much closer to a Belgian dark red ale. Either way it was yummy and it was sittin at 10 % by volume. The alcohol was well masked behind distinct belgian yeasts and the feel of the mouth and nose was not hot at all.

Last,

3327465373_39223421a4.jpg

I have talked about a few Mikkeller beers in here before. Hints of raisin bring this closer to a dubble in my opinion. Overall a smooth dark ale that hides the 10% by volume in the depth of its flavor.

I felt validated last night when one of the bartenders at the bar we were at complimented the selection. Even got a high five for our choices. The group I was with left it to me to decide the drinks for the night.

When we got home I had;

3597179993_3796e59712.jpg

I have come to enjoy a lot of Nogne's offerings. Particularly their Stout and Porter. Also their collaboration brew with Mikkeller was pretty great. This beer, pretty pedestrian. Strong, well made triple, but nothing spectacular about it. Would drink this pretty regularly depending on availability. I think I would like this beer with a spicy meal. It would temper the heat of the spice in the food while also providing its own flavors to be amplified by the tastebuds' reaction to the capsaicin in the meal.

Bump snobbery.

bought two 6 packs earlier from local grocery store.

mixed and matched most the beers in the 6 packs, and the cashier didnt even know what hit her.

the first 6 pack was a fat tire 6 pack with these different combo's inside of it.

NBTrippel-734562.jpg

nb_mothership.jpg

newbelgium1554.jpg

New%20Belgium%20Hoptober.JPG

kona-brewing-fire-rock-pale.gif

The next 6 pack had the following. (except i forget what 1 or 2 of the other ones were.)

greatwhite.jpg

Lost_Coast_Downtown_Brown.jpg

large_MirrorPond

keelhauler.jpg

over-all, im gonna do that alot more often. i hate mixing beers. but its a good way to stack up on various brews.

3457629700_75e481116b.jpg

huge props to crooked for turning me on to this. For the past 3 months, i've been drinking this is my usual late night beer. 10.5%, delicious, easy to drink. The $7+ price tag for a 4pack probably scares off a lot of people, but you gotta remember you're getting basically 2 beers per bottle. plus, its delicious. Just drank one earlier, now i'm sipping:

3306885118_533db1cf70.jpg

I think dead guy and coopers sparkling ale are sitting at the top of my list for tasty, yet relatively basic ales currently. A little bit pricy for some people, but once again, i'm not drinking it to get wasted so i'll only have 1 or 2 a night. I'd rather spend the extra few dollars a 6pack to sip something i can savor, than save the money and drink some bullshit.

Tried North Coast Red Seal Ale earlier, and it was a tasty amber ale. Really good mix of hops/malt, without either being overpowering. I could definitely see this being a session beer, or something i could drink a bunch of in a night for those who don't read beer review sites, haha. Same brewery as Old Rasputin. Its only like 5.5% ABV and i'm not sure what sort of price range it is for a 4 or 6pack since i had it at a restaurant, but i'd drink it again when i'm in the mood for a reddish/amber ale, assuming it has a reasonable price tag for something that isn't a high ABV.

3227186030_1ef2704b6b.jpg

i really don't like bombers. i'd prefer an expensive four pack

theres a three floyds seasonal bomber thats out that i might try

2989831959_f066c779c8.jpg

i saw they also have this blackheart going for around $15...ouch

BlackheartIPAbottle-raw.jpg

looking at a beer blog i came across this monster

ober.jpg

wow 1.3 gallons of oberon? awesome.

14845.jpg

fort collins kidd lager

please do yourself a favor and never buy this disgusting shit.

the z amber lager is the only one worth trying.

the major tom's is a close 2nd

the red ale is nothing special

the chocolate stout tastes like burnt coffee

this piece of crap attempts to combine the z + the chocolate stout and somehow call this a lager

i'm pissed because i haven't bought shitty beer since that michelob but this one i paid a microbrew price for.

2413364985_594e676023.jpg

bell's best brown ale

awesome

this makes up for the other shit i now must finish

i havent had this in a few years and its delicious enough said.

the 3 floyd's munster fest was good

just enough of that bavarian oktoberfest style but the after taste doesnt stick in your mouth and leave that syrup like taste that other oktoberfests sometimes do.

the 3 floyd's blackheart

i found it for $11 at wholefoods so i bought it. delicious. ALOT of flavors going on there.

very much worth it.