The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have noticed that ALOT lately, trying beers i thought were "really good" again later in life.

i used to think Mississippi Mud was like the holy fucking grail in the early 90's, i had one last year & almost didn't even finish it. shit tasted SO watered down, like a soda sitting all day after ice melted in it.

(idk. maybe were all just fucking spoiled to death with the ease of access these days!?)

no way duder... that pumking is waaaaaaaaay far from fireside. maybe i just got a wonky bottle but, ugh.

on another note, I had the Pike Monk's Uncle Triple.

DSC01649e_MonksUncle.jpg

Belgians and I don't get along too well--I don't know if it's the strain of yeast or what but they wreck me instantly. Drunker than I've been in a while plus a weird headache to make it unfun. Anyway, Pike's is weird in general. I'm not going back.

I saw the NB Snow day a few posts up. I find it funny because I HATE NB by the bottle but I tend to like their brews by the draft pour.... I loved Snow day at work by draft but the minute I bought it the other night by the bottle I was disappointed...really angry because I passed up Sweet Water Motor Boat for the Snow Day... its done and gone now, not like I wasnt going to drink it hahaha,

sipping on some Stone Levitation Ale atm

Funny, I just got Firestone Union Jack on a whim last night... trying it when I get home today. Said I was off the west coast IPAs but I can't get away from the fuckers.

And if I could get Yuengling right now (even the light shit), I'd be drinking a million of them... so /nosnob all day.

PM me if you'd be down for a trade, I have access to Yuengling 24/7.