The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I just posted this the other day, but now I get the pleasure in actually trying it.

It's uh-mazinggggggggggggggg. Gotta try it.

PS - Whole Foods had a 20% off ALL beer a few weeks ago. I got another 30% off...So 50% ALL beer = a fridge full of beer. I'll write a list of beers we highly recommend. We got some goodies.

386225_10150427834232157_542557156_8582267_1218707101_n.thumb.jpg.86764553928c992dc14897af4b5b60fb.jpg

i don't think i even want to try that voodoo donuts mess.

i consider myself adventurous and think i have a decent appreciation for beer, and that shit just looks dumb to me. like everything beer shouldn't be. i understand its two portland companies trying to do something neat, but... i dunno. i don't get it. and won't buy it if i ever see it.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say it's that bad, but of you are an IPA lover it won't do anything special for you. Their ESB is a solid drinkable beer, plus it's damn near always on sale around here. When it's only $2.00 more than Buttwiper for a 12er, it's a no brainer.

Edit: I does give me the worst beer farts I have ever had tho, and that's saying alot.

i don't think i even want to try that voodoo donuts mess.

i consider myself adventurous and think i have a decent appreciation for beer, and that shit just looks dumb to me. like everything beer shouldn't be. i understand its two portland companies trying to do something neat, but... i dunno. i don't get it. and won't buy it if i ever see it.

i agree. i like beer, i like bacon, and i like maple. they don't belong together in a beer for fuck's sake. the bottle is cute, and i've seen it around, i just don't want to try it. i guess i don't care.

I have been drinking the shit out of Sierra Nevada Celebration this year.

sierra-nevada-celebration-a.gif

Was at BeerRev the other night, had some delicious delicious beers (If I remember them all):

MadRiver John Barleycorn Barleywine:

P1020884-e1282620577182-768x1024.jpg

Was good, it sort of had the same mouth feel as when you eat a strong soft blue cheese with a nice jam. Almost savory, but still sweet.

I know i often shit on victory as being middle of the road, but FUUUUUUU this beer was outa control good:

6323758806_26ca943c22.jpg

Otto. Just a smoked ale. Nothing fancy, but perfect balance of that smokey flavor and alcohol bite.

Then we had this:

speedway_stout_large.jpg

Mehh. I've never been a huge fan, but the girlfriend and the buddy wanted to drink it. Whatever. Better stouts to be had, in my opinion.

there may have been more. I don't remember.

on draft:

Blaugies La Moneuse Special Winter

De Ranke Pere Noel

Geants Noel de Geants

Slaapmutske Kertsmutske

De La Senne Equinox

De La Senne Xmas Zinnebir

Struise Tsjeeses

Struise Tsjeeses Reserva

Mikkeller From via To

Mikkeller 2011 Santa's Little Helper

Mikkeller Red/White Christmas