The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tumblr_lutlpsdu9o1qf630x.png

The resulting collaboration, an ale brewed with California dates, an aggressive arsenal of all-Northwest hops and an unmistakable aroma of victory, deals a unified blow to unoriginal beers everywhere.

had this on draft last night. ninkasi/21st collab.

i really liked it and would recommend.

and have been drinking this a lot lately.

2b.jpg

good ipa, nothing unique about it, but its solid.

one thing i don't like is the label on the can is a wrap, not a print, and it feels weird against your lip.

i'm also unsure about throwing the wrapped empties into recycling--am i supposed to cut the label off before? cause thats probably not going to happen.

• Like 1

on draft:

Blaugies La Moneuse Special Winter

De Ranke Pere Noel

Geants Noel de Geants

Slaapmutske Kertsmutske

De La Senne Equinox

De La Senne Xmas Zinnebir

Struise Tsjeeses

Struise Tsjeeses Reserva

Mikkeller From via To

Mikkeller 2011 Santa's Little Helper

Mikkeller Red/White Christmas

Mikkeller Ris a la Male

To Ol Snowball Saison

Haandbryggeriet Nissefar Christmas Ale

Haandbryggeriet Bestefar

Aegir Bryggeri Julebrygg

Oppigards Winter Ale

Dieu du Ciel! Solstice d'Hiver

St Bernardus Chrismas 2011

St Bernardus Chrismas 2010

Carolus Noel 2011

Carolus Noel 2010

St Feuillien Noel

Anchor Chrismas

Achouffe Nice Chouffe

Moonlight Winter Tipple

la Rulles Cuvée Meilleurs Voeux

Dupont Les Bon Voeux

St Feuillien Speciale

Jolly Pumkin Noel

Was this at beer rev?!?!?! Fffuuuuuuuuuu

My Christmas Red is carb'ing up right now!

I AM A BREWING GOD - TASTES AWESOME.

In the real world though, I'm calling it a touch thin with a bit too much astringency. If you go to full fag mode on it, there is a hint of vegetable oil as a fault.

That's what I hate about technical beer tasting, the entire process is focussed on FINDING fault - why can't we look for positives? The spicy notes make it a perfect Christmas Red flavour, the dry hop combination of Columbus, Centennial and Koautu - whilst unorthodox - really holds on for mouth feel and bitterness, aroma is somewhat lacking.

Only 160L for me to drink.

Ha!

yakima_glory_large.bmp

victory yakima glory

i know you guys aren't fans of victory but this was a decent purchase

then again i hate southern tier and rogue so what do i know

Samichlaus.jpg

samichlaus

was drawn in by the 14% but totally missed the "malt liquor" part

very sweet very thick very undrinkable $20 4 pack

would not buy again but i did down them very quickly and did get a strong buzz

12023_Blackout_Stout.jpg

great lakes imperial blackout stout

not too sweet and a lot of good flavors going on

i love GL's seasonals but its funny because i never touch their normal runners

jinxproof.jpg

3 floyd's jinx proof lager

very drinkable lager. i wish 3 floyds got more investing. they make some great beers but a lot of retailers don't like carrying them because they aren't consistent with shipping volume.

Last night:

firestone-walker-parabola.jpg

Wonderful. Nothing else to say.

5317108258_e55fafa5b9.jpg

Good, as always, little boozy, and a little more carbonated than I remember

iPhone.jpg

Ignore the mikkeller. The Genesis was good, had that the other night. Had the Nordic Rye last night. A little lackluster compared to the Parabola and the BA, but it was good no less.

And new years:

'07, '08, '09 Orvals- This is like the third time i've had a three year vertical of Orval, and 2 year old Orval remains absolutely sublime. It's perfect. Three years and further is too much, the hops drop off, the carbonation loses itself. If you have an 09 orval, now is the time to drink it.

'08 Deschutes Abyss- if ya don't know, now ya know.

'09 Mikkeller Red and White - underrated

'09 Mikkeller Santas little helper - went bad, poured it out, such a shame

'09 Delerium Tremens - meh

'09 Dog Fish Head Palo Santo - very good.

'09 Dog Fish Head Word Wide Stout - we learned last night that because of the way that DFH likely bottles without allowing too much yeast in it, all the beers that you can age end with a very light mouth feel. It just washes off your tongue cleanly. It's surprisingly good!

Avec Les Bons Voux by Dupont - This brewery is flawless. I would love to try the cheese they make.

And a 10 year old bottle of champagne that had notes of olive on the front end, and lime as it finished. I drank this bottle with friends, passing it around at sunrise in a field in South Lake Tahoe. Could not have asked for a better new years morning.

Bells-Java-Stout-800x551.jpg

bell's java stout - having been heavily drinking founders breakfast stout this just seems a bit thin to me but they are fairly similar in taste.

any opinions on the bell's cherry stout? i'd like to try it but don't want to waste the dough if its gross.

bringin it to the new page for a new year.

And new years:

'07, '08, '09 Orvals- This is like the third time i've had a three year vertical of Orval, and 2 year old Orval remains absolutely sublime. It's perfect. Three years and further is too much, the hops drop off, the carbonation loses itself. If you have an 09 orval, now is the time to drink it.

'08 Deschutes Abyss- if ya don't know, now ya know.

'09 Mikkeller Red and White - underrated

'09 Mikkeller Santas little helper - went bad, poured it out, such a shame

'09 Delerium Tremens - meh

'09 Dog Fish Head Palo Santo - very good.

'09 Dog Fish Head Word Wide Stout - we learned last night that because of the way that DFH likely bottles without allowing too much yeast in it, all the beers that you can age end with a very light mouth feel. It just washes off your tongue cleanly. It's surprisingly good!

Avec Les Bons Voux by Dupont - This brewery is flawless. I would love to try the cheese they make.

And a 10 year old bottle of champagne that had notes of olive on the front end, and lime as it finished. I drank this bottle with friends, passing it around at sunrise in a field in South Lake Tahoe. Could not have asked for a better new years morning.

• Like 1

Me and the wife are trying to save some money for a down payment so I'm limited to consuming a mixed butternuts 12 pack (an impulse buy that I'm already regretting) and a 4 pack of founders breakfast stout for the month. Ive got a bottle of DT noel waiting for me if we meet our savings quota for the month. Growing up blows.

porkslap-beer_lubbockonline.jpg