The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

samichlausclassic.jpg

about to drink this in a second, 14% abv... been on a hop/ipa fest lately, just had a stone arrogant bastard, stone ruination, founders centennial, full pint chinookie, heavy seas loose cannon, victory hop devil, dogfishhead 90 minute, founders dirty bastard, smuttynose ipa, troegs troeginator, and terrapin hopsecutioner in the last two weeks.

edit: tastes like im drinkin rum.. heaivy malt, very full body, plums, grapes, and alcohol is what i taste. its not bad, its just not for me.

welp.... my sunday funday has been righteous to say the least. xmas shopping, listened to Slayer & Metallica and went Bavarian on em'. i enjoyed all of these plenty, i know alot of you hate on Lagunitas. and especially a Doppel Weizen at that!? 9% and awesome. think i will save the xmas batch for a minute, think. the "Rauchstar" collab i can not wait to open, the label alone is a keeper.

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3538.jpg

True, 1st thing I had from them, was not impressed.

One of my favorite beers actually. Granted you probably won't want to follow my recommendation after that but Troegs makes a great hefeweizen called Dream Weaver. Other than that and Mad Elf I can't really say I like anything in their collection. Anyone in here like Harpoon? I've had a few of their seasonals here and there but I saw a cranberry ale seasonal from them the other day that looked interesting. Anyone tried it?

I bought that Harpoon and left it where I was staying. Pissed, but it will be waiting for me when I return. Other than that, I think Harpoon has fallen off over time, IMO. They've gotten linked up with other smaller breweries, taking them over and turning their regularly good beers to poop. Anyone else on Harpoon? I've definitely enjoyed quite a few of their brews in years past.