The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

159725285_f976d7a32c.jpg

bell's doppelbock

i'm not a big fan of the sweetness of doppelbocks but this one wasn't that sweet and had a good mellow aftertaste

bells+9000.jpg

bells 9000

please do yourself a favor and do not buy this. you will dread every sip you take.

brewed with molasses and brewers liquorice. ok the 9000 limited sold me

the first sip almost gagged it back into the bottle.

really really gross and i paid like $15.00 for a six pack so i miserably gulped it down.

finally the last beer i embarrassingly dumped half of it out so i could drink something decent

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I picked up 57 beers for under 30 dollars... Becks, Alaskan Amber, Tecate and Rolling Rock.... Now I'm not a huge fan of the Rock but at .50 a bottle I had to buy out the stock... Hit up your local CVS, they are discontinuing certain six packs and are letting them go cheap.

Think this thread would be the overall appropriate place for this....any suggestions on any beer related foods (cooked w/ beer, essentially). I'm eating this cheese right now:

“Bier Meck” is our Red Meck cheese that was soaked in brine made from Ithaca Beer Company's Smoked Porter Ale.

Shit is good, wish I had some of that beer to go w/ it right now.

I'd be interested in any good recipes too.

got this for tonight..it was a new selection int he grocery store. Not a huge fan of these guys but you gotta give every beer a chance

new-belgium-mighty-arrow.gif

Normally I hate fruity-type beers, but I had a few 32oz taps last weekend, and I was hooked.

I found them hidden at the local lix mart in the mix-n-match 6'r section this weekend. Not quite as good a fresh tap, but still a great beer,

I approve.

Normally I hate fruity-type beers, but I had a few 32oz taps last weekend, and I was hooked.

I found them hidden at the local lix mart in the mix-n-match 6'r section this weekend. Not quite as good a fresh tap, but still a great beer,

I approve.

I dont remember it being too fruity but New Belgiums always fail to impress. After that one last night I do believe Im going to start over looking that company.

finally got to try all three of these this weekend:

photo.jpg

Eclat - American Oak Wine Barrel-Aged India Pale Ale (aged in merlot and chardonnay barrels)

Nocturna - French Oak Port Wine Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout

(not as good) Aurora - American Oak Wine Barrel-Aged Altbier

Tasters of those three kicked off my long weekend in beer, followed by:

The Reverend - Avery

Black Prince Porter - English Ales

Chimay Red

Big Daddy IPA - Speakeasy

Smokestack Lightning Imperial Stout - Magnolia

Old Thunderpussy Barleywine - Magnolia

tastes of Magnolia: Let It Rauch, Four Winds Quadrupel, Delilah Jones Rye, and Promised Land Imperial IPA

Saison de Lente - The Bruery

Autumn Maple - The Bruery (one of my favorites, sweet and nutty and strong)

Black Orchard - The Bruery (I prefer the White Orchard, a wheat beer with lavender in it)

Asahi (had to have something with the sake... *giggle*)

Two Lane Blacktop - 21st Ammendment

Imperial Jack - 21st Ammendment

tasters of 21st Ammendment: Blind Lust, Hop Crisis, and Beer School

Damnation

Blackthorn Cider

holy shit girlfriend. that looks amazingggggggggggggggggggg.