The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: BEER THREAD

i'll give you a run down off all that i had. i tasted around 120 beers.

even with a tasting glass it probably came out to around 25-30 beers

i am paying the price today but it was so worth it.

That's awesome that you got to go to that shit.. did you get to do anything else fun while you were in the Chi?

finally got around to trying my stone "cali-belgique"

was kind of disappointing. i wanted it to have a heavier ipa influence than belgian, but it was def more on the belgian side. great beer, just not as exciting as i wanted it to be.

stone ruination. lagunitas 'hop stupid'. a selection of rogue bombers over the weekend.

i've never seen the rogue chipotle, i'm going to hunt that down.

I'm visiting friends in Florida right now, just outside Ocala... haven't found a good beer selection anywhere yet. :o At least we're going to Orlando tomorrow, hopefully we'll have time to find some decent beers.

Meanwhile, I picked these up:

konaislandlager.jpg

good session beer for sitting out in the sun and chilling... not too much flavor, but it's ten thousand times better than anything else that was available. malty and sweet, but neither flavor is overpowering. we got a case, so this will be good accompaniment for grilling out tonight. kona for me, hieny's for everyone else...

picked up a sixer of these as well

konapaleale.jpg

really enjoying these so far... nice amount of hop bitterness, but not overpowering. at this point i wish i had gotten more of these for myself.

also picked up a single of tremont IPA... and it was skunked.

really, i'm a pretty laid back person... i really don't let too much shit get me heated.

but skunked beer really fucking pisses me off. :hatred: :heated: :bomb:

HobgoblinBeer.jpg

this. FUCKIN' A.Just tried it for the first time last weekend.

good choice... i only had this once, but i remember really enjoying it...

i bought a bomber of it about 3 years ago, and it came with a free pint glass with the hobgoblin logo on the side... fucking win! :cool:

speaking of stone, anyone try the Sublimely Self Righteous Ale yet? bomb!

CIMG0418.jpg

going to try this one tonight because it's on sale:

150.eat.beergeek.rasputin.jpg

The Sublimely Self Righteous Ales is, in my opinion, one of Stone's best beers they have ever made. I am super happy they decided to move the 11th anniversary into production as a seasonal.

The Old Rasputin is an awesome beer and at 9 percent abv, a four pack is perfect.

finally got around to trying my stone "cali-belgique"

was kind of disappointing. i wanted it to have a heavier ipa influence than belgian, but it was def more on the belgian side. great beer, just not as exciting as i wanted it to be.

stone ruination. lagunitas 'hop stupid'. a selection of rogue bombers over the weekend.

i've never seen the rogue chipotle, i'm going to hunt that down.

The chipotle is interesting. It is the best I have had from Rogue.

I loved the cali-belgique. I liked the oaked version, Super-Cali-Belgilistique, of it I had at the brewery even more.

I picked up a liter growler of it and chilled on the beach in san diego and drank it all in one sitting, then flushed it down with a glass of hasel bayden whiskey.

that was a good night, and a good drunk.

I had Sol up in Canada of all places a few years back. Shit was pretty good if my memory serves me right.

sol is hella cheap

cop that for 3.50 a six pack ( six pack with the plastic rings that supposedly kill fishes) at my local gas station

plus they throw in a free lime with my purchase.

it might be more money elsewhere though.

my gas station calls me "big spender" because i have given them a lot of busines the past couple years.

so they joog me with cheaper than normal purchases.