The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had this Morimoto from Rouge last night.. It was the first time Id ever seen it so i may or may not be behind the curve but it was great

Rogue+Morimoto+Soba+Ale.JPG

lSSPorterLogo.jpg

also, I had forgotten how extremely excellent Sammy Smiths taddy porter is.

walking man homo erectus imperial ipa.

yes. yes. yes.

its not easy to come by in WA so i doubt you guys would come across it elsewhere, but if you see this. do it.

and for that matter, if you see anything by walking man do it, constant quality in every different brew i try.

seriously, if i try this cooper's stuff and it sucks i'm writing your whole fucking continent off. you guys brag about this like its some nectar of the gods type shit.

if i pay 10 bucks for a 4 back of a budweiser equivalent i'm sending you bastards anthrax letters.

Lindeman's Lambics...

Puke. I think it was Lindeman, or some other raspberry lambic that i tried awhile back that people had hyped up and had won a bunch of awards. Shit tasted like Koolaid that had somehow gone terribly terribly bad. I took 2 sips and dumped it. I felt kinda bad pouring out a beer, but then i realized that i wasn't even willing to classify it as beer and no longer felt any guilt.

Telo, have you tried any of the Sam Smith's fruit beers?

They're like a cheaper version of the Lindeman's Lambics... The strawberry one is pretty tasty.

I have not, only because i shy away from any of the fruitier tasting brews that most breweries put out.

I like to keep my blueberries, strawberries, and peaches on the breakfast table..

No pot-shot' to you but just seems like a waste of a quality hops if all you taste is fruit IMO.

^ on a related note...

was drinking this last night...good taste and great price

565.jpg

Shutdown ale, and it will shut you the fuck down if you're not used to heavy beers. 9.4 or 9.6 percent? Shits good! Lagunitas is def. One of the best Norcal Brewers along with Lost Coast.

Users Currently Drinking:

Mickey's 40's and Steel Reserve to get my lean.

Thought I'd try to remind myself why I don't drink 40's anymore... but actually I remember why I loved them!

Shutdown ale, and it will shut you the fuck down if you're not used to heavy beers. 9.4 or 9.6 percent? Shits good! Lagunitas is def. One of the best Norcal Brewers along with Lost Coast.

Users Currently Drinking:

Mickey's 40's and Steel Reserve to get my lean.

Thought I'd try to remind myself why I don't drink 40's anymore... but actually I remember why I loved them!

drinking steel reserve negates your ability to give lagunitas a good review, norcal has way better to offer...