The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

made the ghetto black and tans last night

slug a 40 of this down to the neck...

407.jpg

fill to brim with this...

ss_taddy_bott_2.gif

the first one was trife, but the second one was delicious..

in addition to that i drank about half a bottle of glenlivet aged 22 years at some rich dudes house who wanted me to paint a mural in his living room... happy friday

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

label_alba.jpg

in the name of trying something new. this was interesting. i don't think i'd ever buy it again, but it was a new experience.

also drank a variety of Avery brews, lefthand sawtooth, stone ipa and smoked bastard, a couple rogue bombers, can't find that chipotle...

a good weekend.

veinteocho- how did you feel about the 10 fiddy ale? I did not like it, at all.

Mixed feelings. I thought it was OK, very malty, sweet, and almost had some espresso taste to it. A little too sweet, IMO. I found it to be super thick, probably wouldn't drink more than one at a time. For an imperial stout, I like Old Rasputin much more. Oskar Blues really raised the bar with Dale's Pale Ale, IMO, so I went into this with high hopes; I might be a little unfair in my assessment. Apparently they've put out a Bourbon Ten Fidy that's incredible, so keep an eye out.

Tried these today:

Terrapin Rye Pale Ale (sorry for the shitty flick)

terrapin.jpg

Really liked this, though I'm an avowed hophead, so take my review for what it's worth. :lol:

The rye added a nice malt flavor. Nice hop bitterness as well, but not too much. Really liked this, too bad they don't distribute up north where I live.

Full Sail IPA

independent.jpg

Good beer, but not as hoppy as most IPAs that I've tried. Some piney hop flavor, and slightly malty. Maybe it's because I'm still a beer n00b, but I like my IPAs to be pretty hoppy. Overall it was decent.

Also FINALLY had a Fuller's ESB on tap (sorry, no flicks). I've only had a few bitters before, but this was my favorite so far. Very well balanced - bitter and hoppy up front, malty to finish up. I kinda feel bad that I've passed up trying this in the past, I really enjoyed it.

I'll stop all this beer nerd shit now, lol.

met a dude over the weekend with a tattoo of the high life girl. gotta love Florida. :lol:

I also wanted to proclaim once again my love for Bell's Oberon. I fucking love this stuff. Definitely heading over to the distributor to pick up another case tonight. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

oberon.jpg

bellsoberon.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=44798&stc=1&d=1238461987

oberon.jpg

^ this is how to raise your children right.

/drunkpostingoner

good choices... racer 5 is delicious.

what i've had over the past few days, all on tap...

Founder's Breakfast Stout: Finally got to try this, on tap at some random restaurant I stopped in. HO LEE SHIT it was fucking awesome. Coffee/Dark chocolate flavors, but very slightly hoppy. Not heavy or syrupy at all. Didn't go at all with the chicken cheesesteak I ordered, lol.. If I could do it over, I'd skip the cheesesteak entirely and have a few more Breakfast Stouts, haha.

Elysian Immortal IPA: good stuff, hoppy but not too hoppy, a little malty... had that citrusy thing going on.

Bear Republic Rye Hop Rod: Hoppy, malty, you could smell the rye before taking a sip, and it added almost a spicyness to the flavor. Looking forward to having this again.

i just opened a couple bottles of some Irish Red Ale I made. It wasn't disgusting at all. I'll put some flicks up eventually

definitely post some flicks... i'm thinking of getting into homebrewing next year, when I get into a new living situation... Irish Red Ales are an underrated style, IMO. Killian's is garbage compared to stuff like Three Floyd's Brian Boru Irish Red. I'd like to see more breweries try this style.

nice work, GYP.

What's on tap for the weekend everybody? Picked up a case of this for tonight:

1236353451-66999_full.jpg

Heading to the bar tomorrow for the "locals only" theme, here's what's on tap:

Victory Uncle Teddy's Bitter (Cask)

Victory bags Packed Porter (Cask)

Victory St. Boisterous

Victory Sunrise Weisse

Victory Mad King Weisse

Victory 10 Year Alt

Victory Rauch Porter

Iron Hill Heywood

Appalachain Broad Street Barleywine

Lancaster Milk Stout

Roy Pitts Watermellon Summer Lager

Manayunk Brewing Co. Whistle Whetting Wheat

SlyFox Abbey Dubbel

SlyFox Panacea Barleywine

SlyFox Prometheus

SlyFox Placebo (Cask)

SlyFox SlackerBock

SlyFox Ichor

SlyFox Maibock

SlyFox Seamus

Yards General Washington Tavern Porter (Cask)

Yards Smoked Polish Wheat

Stegmier Summer White

Stoudt's Kölsch

Stoudt's Fat Dog Stout

Stoudt's Double IPA

Stoudt's Belgian Triple

Weyerbacher Blanche

Weyerbacher Muse

Weyerbacher Simcoe Double IPA

Legacy Brewing Hoptimus Prime

Legacy Brewing Hedonism

Legacy Brewing Euphoria

Dogfish Head Festina Peche

Dogfish Head Shelter Pale Ale

Dogfish Head 60 Minute Pale Ale

General Lafayette Economizer

General Lafayette Pacific Pale Ale

Tröegs Mad Elf

Tröegs Trogenator

Tröegs Sunshine Pils

Flying Fish Extra Pale Ale

Flying Fish ESB

Flying Fish Abbey Double

Flying Fish Farmhouse Ale

Monday - not sure yet, probably gonna switch it up and drink Makers all day.

makersmark1.jpg

oberon.jpg

^ this is how to raise your children right.

/drunkpostingoner

If I ever have kids, it'll be so they can roll my re-yeasted wheat beers for me when I get arthritis...

right now I'm having mirror-mirror-poured.jpg with the brie Fromage D'Affinois and a ciabaguette... it's a barley wine that's quite bitter and heavy with a bit of syrupy or molasses-like sweetness to it. would definitely reccommend with a buttery brie or an aged gouda to round off the taste...

also tried some of the shmaltz (coney island brewer) beers someone in here recommended...

I'm definitely a fan of the He'Brew Rye IPA... amazing

The Lager and Steel Hop Lager, were a step up from good, but not quite delicious...

Another one I've tried recently was the Anderson Valley Brother David's Triple Abbey Style Ale. It was mediocre as far as triples go... okay for the price, though.