what do you need to do, in order to get this govt money in may?

seeking

id never heard of this till tonight, now a couple people have mentioned it.

apparently the govt is giving us $600 bacl? what do you need to do in order to qualify? i didnt file any taxes for 2007, but i did in 2006. can i still get money back, even though i didnt give em any? hows that work?

i want more money.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I make sure to work one cellular sales job each year, before christmas, and I d-out before new years, get a 1040 on record with about 5 grand yearly income... Its just enough to avoid being a total ghost... If your gonna work the way a lot of us seem to thats the best way

As for you , you would need to ile a 1099 I think, as an independant contracter, and claim about 10-12 grand in money earned and pay OUT... then you get it all back, minus the filing cost, then you get it back - this is what I have to do because I worked as an independant audio rep web sales guy...

This year I was only able to hold my pre-christmas sales job for 2 days before I flipped, so all Im left with is this 1099 junk

Its dumb as hell I know

you have to pay out an arbitrary number for yearly income as an indy contractor

as long as its under 14 grand a year you are well under the poverty limit on record and get it all back

(still trying to figure out how to sdeduct electricity bills that arent in my name..>

)

just got a letter in the mail from the irs about that.

the payments will start in May

to receive payment in 2008, individuals who qualify will not have to do anything more

than file a 2007 tax return. the irs will determine eligibility, figure the amount, and send payment.

for individuals who normally do not have to file a tax return, the new law provides

for payments to individuals who have a total of $3,000 or more in earned income,

social security benefits,and/or certain veterans' payments.

those individuals should file a tax return for 2007 to receive payment in 2008.

in addition, individuals eligible for payments may also receive an additional amount of $300

for each child qualifying for the child tax credit.

for taxpayers with adjusted gross income of more than $75,000, the payment

will be reduced or phased out completely.

i just got something in the mail about this that included an online option for completing the process...

I think if you have no recorded income(No 1099, no contracts etc.) you still file it up to show dividends earned on your bank account (interest from savings, etc.) however little that may be.

to receive payment in 2008, individuals who qualify will not have to do anything more

than file a 2007 tax return. the irs will determine eligibility, figure the amount, and send payment.

so this means you may not get less than 600? I WANT ALL OF IT!

Its bullshit anyway ... its an ADVANCE on your 2008 filing that you will do in 2009.

its your money in the first place ... they are not just giving us a hand out.

does that mean I have to file next year? Because I might opt out on a low 1040 again

Fuckit taxes are the least of my worries

You will have already had it long before you file next year so I doubt that matters.

I am just so entertained by the fact its being paraded around like the gvmnt is giving you $600 to help the economy, when in fact its money you would be due in the first place.

I do wonder what will happen next year if your return isn't $600 ... will you have to pay back the difference. My return this year was just under $400, but I did it myself ... next year I am going to pay a CPA to find me more loopholes.

Archived